Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicker sparow painter

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't get me wrong being industrious is 1 thing, however he is a striker so in reality he needs to be in a position to be able to do his job.

That's stating the obvious and hopefully Poyet can do something about it in the transfer window. He has been trialling a LB.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Vicente is too classy for half the players around him. Sometimes he made passes and the recipient had stopped running or was completely fazed by what Vicente was trying to do. It will either get better with players getting to understand his play or Gus will have to get extra quality to compliment his play. If not I can see Vicente getting frustrated and it will all end in tears. In my view Dicker, Painter and Barnes are not the players to get us promoted. I also have doubts about sparrow, but he was much better today. Bridcutt is immense in that midfield role and would be even more effective if he did'nt have to cover for the mistakes of Dicker etc. Noone should have started, Hoskins deserves a chance in place of Barnes and we need a quick overlapping left back, as Painter hardly got out of our half and gets exposed against pace. Gus said in the Argus that Scotland played CMS up front on his own and that is not his game and he would never do that. Am I the only one that thinks that CMS has played on his own up front in all the home games so far. Barnes is nowhere near him. My views and will not be agreed by others.

Vicente is too classy for half the players around him. Sometimes he made passes and the recipient had stopped running or was completely fazed by what Vicente was trying to do. It will either get better with players getting to understand his play or Gus will have to get extra quality to compliment his play. If not I can see Vicente getting frustrated and it will all end in tears. In my view Dicker, Painter and Barnes are not the players to get us promoted. I also have doubts about sparrow, but he was much better today. Bridcutt is immense in that midfield role and would be even more effective if he did'nt have to cover for the mistakes of Dicker etc. Noone should have started, Hoskins deserves a chance in place of Barnes and we need a quick overlapping left back, as Painter hardly got out of our half and gets exposed against pace. Gus said in the Argus that Scotland played CMS up front on his own and that is not his game and he would never do that. Am I the only one that thinks that CMS has played on his own up front in all the home games so far. Barnes is nowhere near him. My views and will not be agreed by others.

Agree, but not the fault of Barnes!

D

Deleted User X18H

Sparrow links up well with Vicente. I think Sparrow was the enforcer today.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Bridcutt made WAY more mistakes than Dicker today, but everyone here will ignore it. Ridiculous MOM decision. And btw I think Bridcutt is great, but unlike most people on here I am able to tell the difference between the two, and recognise when Bridcutt gets it wrong.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Gary Dicker should go nowhere near a Brighton shirt again.

Unfortunately it wasn't just today, but he's been appalling all season.

Sorry mate but you clearly have no idea about how football works.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Couldn't get there today but was pleased to hear Sparrow was in the side. I don't think he's brilliant by any means but he's got a great engine & can get box to box which maybe is what we need more than an excess of skilful but less energetic players in the side all at once.... At least for now. Get the likes of Vincelot, Bridcutt & Sparrow in there and see what the creative boys further forward can muster up from that more solid base.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
I think dicker was terrible tonight he kept giving the ball away and never made passes or dribbled well
To get up the pitch. Sparrow played ok, but I'm not sure if he's ready to play at this level. Painter is off the pace and I would imagine Poyets looking for a replacement in the January transfer window. Hopefully someone faster

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
don't like to rock the boat an all that, but have to say, despite sticking up for them for a while now, think barnes,(especiallly today), and painter are way off it at it this level imo. why did hoskins nt even get 20 mins tday? bizarre! once again tho, thought dicker was not too bad, and sparrows best game for a while

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Bridcutt made WAY more mistakes than Dicker today, but everyone here will ignore it. Ridiculous MOM decision. And btw I think Bridcutt is great, but unlike most people on here I am able to tell the difference between the two, and recognise when Bridcutt gets it wrong.

I agree, this season Dicker has been targeted most for having poor games, with Painter coming a close second, when quite often their performances surpass the players such as Bridcutt or Dunk who are rightly popular, but also make mistakes as often or as dangerous ad the ones Dicker, painter and also sometimes Barnes.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Sorry mate but you clearly have no idea about how football works.

I know that Gary Dicker couldn't pass to one of our own players even if the ball had a laser guided lock on system. Coincidence that we played our best 15 minutes of football when he got substituted? I think not.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
And I too was baffled at Bridcutts MoM award, but we all know the sponsor chooses the player they most want their picture with.

Bridcutt was indeed poor today, but he has been pretty good all season so can be forgiven for a sub par performance.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Couldn't get there today but was pleased to hear Sparrow was in the side. I don't think he's brilliant by any means but he's got a great engine & can get box to box which maybe is what we need more than an excess of skilful but less energetic players in the side all at once.... At least for now. Get the likes of Vincelot, Bridcutt & Sparrow in there and see what the creative boys further forward can muster up from that more solid base.

There have been loads of threads and quotes about a box to box midfielder and we have one in matt Sparrow. The bloke just needs games. He broke up play at the 18 yards line and in the 90th minute was ahead of CMS on one run. Really good game tonight.

I thought Sparrow was 1 of are better players. Painter was like Bambi on ice, spent most of the game on his arse. Dicker is not a championship player. Think today was our worst performance this season and we still got a point. Didn't think Hull were great either apart from a couple of long range efforts. We need Buckley back lively and Hoskins has to replace Barnes

You think this performance was worst than Palace? Unbelievable.

Whenever I see Sparrow play I always leave the game not knowing how he has done and yesterday was no exception. It is just that he never stands out for some reason.I will take Gus's word for it that he played well.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Whenever I see Sparrow play I always leave the game not knowing how he has done and yesterday was no exception. It is just that he never stands out for some reason.I will take Gus's word for it that he played well.

Totally agree. He just doesn't appear to be involved in any distinct passages of play.

It does worry me slightly that hearing Gus on the radio afterwards how he commented on a completely different game to the one I had just watched. Sparrow to me did contribute anything. Dicker was much the same and is always liable to dwell on the ball in dangerous positions and lose it. Funny though I don't think Dicker is good enough but on the occasions he doesn't play we appear to miss him!

Barnes either played out of position or could not get into the game but was basically ineffective. What does he do to keep his place
? His like a lesser mans Gordon Smith, a luxury item that will every now and again do something but for the majority of time is non-existent.

Painter as has been commented on is just too slow, which is a shame because last year he was our most consistent performer, but just doesn't cut it in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here