Dicker or Navarro?

Dicker or Navarro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
How the hell is that relevant? You seem to be missing the crucial point - Carpenter was a class act. At our level, one of the absolute best. We're talking about Andrew Crofts here....

No, you're missing your own central point, which was not how good they were but that they didn't improve after 25.

Chippy is living proof of disproving that point. He got better for us after he joined.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
How the hell is that relevant? You seem to be missing the crucial point - Carpenter was a class act. At our level, one of the absolute best. We're talking about Andrew Crofts here....

Not another Gillingham reject then? I seem to remember Chippy had his fair share of knockers on here early doors too. Is patience so out of fashion these days?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wish Micky Adams had known that when he signed the 28 year-old Richard Carpenter.
Not forgetting that clueless simpleton George Graham - what was he thinking of when paying £2.5m to sign 28 year old Ian Wright for Arsenal?

I guess he really got lucky because Wright only ended up as the all-time highest scorer for the country's second biggest club. :jester:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think he was a littler younger than that probably about 25 as I was sent by Barry LLoyd to report on him and a centre forward Francis Arawatife and suggested signing him but the chief Scout at the time overruled it saying he was too old. I think, if memory serves me right, he went to Crystal Palace with Dave Bassett who only stayed a short while and he moved on to Sheff Utd and took Paul Rogers with him.

Another interesting fact about the game at Gander Green Lane was that it was in the season that the Conference experimented with offsides only in the penalty box and the opponents I think it was Weymouth or Dorchester had a freekick on the halfway line and their goalkeeper, eventually signed for Spurs, took it and all the other 23 players were in the Sutton 6 yd box.

Tony Book was signed by Man City when he was 28 from Bath by Malcolm Allison.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cor, this is like a TAG-team event. The Complete Badger is doing his finest London Irish against the combined MIGHT of TLO, Simster and Hungry Joe. Is this "Complete Badger Baiting" or what ? Great stuff.

Carry on.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
And not one of them can tell me something Crofts does well. All we've got so far is "he may improve." Great.

I haven't got onto that yet. From what I've seen Crofts has a great engine, tackles hard, closes players down and has a decent footballing brain on him. The last time I looked these were worthy midfield attributes. I think he does all these things to a higher standard than Fraser did. Super.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here