Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicker or Navarro?

Dicker or Navarro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If I put money on it you'll have an added incentive to walk out, the results of which could completely destabilise the club and doom us to Conference football in two years time. Sportsman's bet alright?
Damn it, you're right. I almost certainly won't.
But I won't be happy.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Carpenter was a regular for Cardiff (who had been a better team than us for several years) and Rogers for Wigan (who were at least one division above us). In those two we were signing proven quality performers. We didn't need them to improve, and we weren't buying them for their potential. They were already more than good enough. Going back to a post you made about Crofts about half an hour ago, you said he may well improve. Well he's only a couple of years younger than Carpenter was when he joined us, and currently about 1/10th of the player. Do you really forsee such improvement from a 25 year old?

Chippy spent most of his earlier years in the Third and Fourth Division. Do you know what sort of player he was before he joined us? No, me neither. I didn't rate him much when he joined, then he improved leaps and bounds.

So will Crofts improve by such a margin? Who knows? But you're not in a position to write him off and say he won't, just because he is 25 and you think he should be a player of X quality because he has learned all he needs to learn.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
You say Dicker is a good defensive midfielder, which I totally agree with, but that surely means we need an attacking one alongside him. And you think CROFTS is that man? Really? Name me one moment of attacking play from him in the 6 games so far.....

Was'nt at the games myself but did'nt Crofts have a goal disallowed at Brentford and get an assist for Dickinson at Huddersfield?

I was looking forward to going to my 1st game of the season soon but if our new players are as shit as some are making out then it's not filling me with much enthusiasm.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
So will Crofts improve by such a margin? Who knows? But you're not in a position to write him off and say he won't, just because he is 25 and you think he should be a player of X quality because he has learned all he needs to learn.

Indeed. I've already seen an improvement in Crofts since the start of the season. He was average at best against Walsall, by all accounts had a good game at Huddersfield when all around were losing it and showed real signs of developing an understanding with the rest of his relatively new teamates against Stockport. I think he can play alongside Dicker as although Dicker is a good defensive midfielder he can also get forward and create when we have the ball leaving Crofts to do the tidying up if needs be.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Cor, this is like a TAG-team event. The Complete Badger is doing his finest London Irish against the combined MIGHT of TLO, Simster and Hungry Joe. Is this "Complete Badger Baiting" or what ? Great stuff.

Carry on.

I enjoyed the Kendo Nagasaki cameo from Richy when he waded in, dealt a couple of forearm smashes whilst Badger got his breath back and then f***ed off back to the changing room for a rub down.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
From what I have seen, Dicker every time...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
When Crofts has a decent game and not just 'better than some of the other TOSS on offer' game I might change my mind.

I think some of the pro-Croftyites are looking for a couple of good bits of play to support their completely off the mark comments that he was a good signing. Rather than being bowled over by his performances so far...

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
When Crofts has a decent game and not just 'better than some of the other TOSS on offer' game I might change my mind.

I think some of the pro-Croftyites are looking for a couple of good bits of play to support their completely off the mark comments that he was a good signing. Rather than being bowled over by his performances so far...

Slam! :)

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I dream of the day I see McNulty play a sublime pass from defence into the path of Dicker who in turn picks out Bennett, who whips a pin point cross in for Dickinson to volley home!

It can happen, honest it can! NOW FFS RUSS, PLEASE PLAY DICKER FROM THE START ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I wonder what the most one sided poll on NSC ever was?

This result would not be be more emphatic if the question was:
Would you rather have a season ticket at Falmer or Smelhurst?
(even with all the sad acts from Croydon who infest this board)

saverloi

Sep 1, 2009
I don't even undestand how navarro can even cause slade a'selection nightmare'!
Both him and crofts are a complete waste of space, the sooner slade gets dicker and thornhill into midefield the better, as i'v seen kids pass the ball better than those two fat idiots.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
there is no choice at the moment. If Navarro is any good, then he has done a fine job of hiding it. Dicker changed the game at Millwall

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If Dicker doesn't start on Saturday I'll be the one massacring people in the South stand, Block F.:angry: :angry: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here