Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight warns TV away from Seagulls opening Amex game

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You won't like the Prem' then ! ! !
Maybe not, but the club will have 40 mill in the bank and watching the Albion against Man U etc will soften the blow somewhat.......... this game however needs to be at 3pm on Sat August 6th,..... and with the sun shining, and a repeat of the scoreline we had for the first game at Withdean.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Bullshit no one has done more for this club than Dick Knight. He didn't have the money of Tony Bloom and relinquished power as soon as someone came in who could take the club forward. People call him Dick Tight, well it was about time our club was run properly with us cutting our cloth accordingly. Perhaps if we had always done that we wouldn't of racked up the debts that we did in the nineties.

You do know people are joking when they call him Dick Tight?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Why is 3p.m on the Saturday so important? What would be so unbearably terrible with a 5:15 k.o? Or even an early afternoon k.o on the Sunday?

As someone who can't make the match I'd LOVE to have the opportunity to watch it. Yes it won't be any where near as good as being there, but it'll be a damn sight better than nothing.

I want, after fourteen f***ing years, to be able to see the players emerge from the tunnel onto the pitch for the very first time at our home. I want to hear Good Old Sussex By The Sea being played for the first time at our home. I want to see the players kick off for the very first time at our home. I want, after fourteen f***ing years, to finally lay the ghost of the Goldstone to rest.

After fourteen years, countless marches, demo's, petitions, letters and whatever else, is that really too much to ask?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
.....although for some any opportunity to have a dig at DK will be grasped with both hands of course

Isn't that the truth? If there was ever a case of sour grapes...

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Why is 3p.m on the Saturday so important? What would be so unbearably terrible with a 5:15 k.o? Or even an early afternoon k.o on the Sunday?

As someone who can't make the match I'd LOVE to have the opportunity to watch it. Yes it won't be any where near as good as being there, but it'll be a damn sight better than nothing.

I want, after fourteen f***ing years, to be able to see the players emerge from the tunnel onto the pitch for the very first time at our home. I want to hear Good Old Sussex By The Sea being played for the first time at our home. I want to see the players kick off for the very first time at our home. I want, after fourteen f***ing years, to finally lay the ghost of the Goldstone to rest.

After fourteen years, countless marches, demo's, petitions, letters and whatever else, is that really too much to ask?
Yes,.. 3pm it is then.. can't wait.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
With the highest respect ex pats why should the 3pm Saturday kick off be changed just so you can watch it live? Firstly there'll be a DVD and second you moved away, surely fully aware you may miss things regards bhafc?

If its moved to another time there may be others who brought st and 1901 plans who are also just as committed fans who then miss it for one reason or another.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I want, after fourteen years, to be able to see the players emerge from the tunnel onto the pitch for the very first time at our home. I want to hear Good Old Sussex By The Sea being played for the first time at our home. I want to see the players kick off for the very first time at our home. I want, after fourteen years, to finally lay the ghost of the Goldstone to rest.

It won't happen:

Scene: Gordon Greer holding mascot's hand outside the dressing room with Casper and the rest of the team behind him, Donny captain + team alongside etc...

Commentator: "Well, the teams are about to take to the field, we'll be back for the kick-off right after this..."

Scene: Four minutes of adverts.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
With the highest respect ex pats why should the 3pm Saturday kick off be changed just so you can watch it live? Firstly there'll be a DVD and second you moved away, surely fully aware you may miss things regards bhafc?

Whilst it may sound a little harsh, I agree entirely with your sentiment.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
is now on the argus site - three more in by first week back in training which is 90% where he wants to be (so a couple of loan players still to come I guess)

Looks very interesting. Two next week, one the following week - could he be at the U21 championships? Then still only 90% of his squad so it looks like there could be another couple to come even later.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Sunday there will be a bus replacement service between Three Bridges and Brighton, and probably between Brighton and Lewes.

That'll be fun!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sunday there will be a bus replacement service between Three Bridges and Brighton, and probably between Brighton and Lewes.

That'll be fun!

First game on a Friday night is not a good time to fully test the transport infrastructure-it will be chaos.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I've not read through the whole post but I can see the argument from both sides. In my opinion, the 5.30pm kick off on the Saturday with it televised would be the best solution all round, no?

Sent from my foreskin using tiny tiny people

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here