Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight warns TV away from Seagulls opening Amex game

northampton_seagull

Jun 17, 2008
Northampton
With the highest respect ex pats why should the 3pm Saturday kick off be changed just so you can watch it live? Firstly there'll be a DVD and second you moved away, surely fully aware you may miss things regards bhafc?

If its moved to another time there may be others who brought st and 1901 plans who are also just as committed fans who then miss it for one reason or another.

If the game is moved you should have considered that before you bought your ticket!

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Pre fixtures coming out, the beeb were very interested in doing the first game...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As stated on another thread about this: yesterday on the Danny Pike show on Radio Sussex he was talking to a caller and when she said her husband was a staunch BHA supporter he said ' I suppose he will be at The Amex on 7th' was that a mistake or has he let the cat out of the bag unintentionally.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
If the game is moved you should have considered that before you bought your ticket!

Most people would have bought their ST on the assumption that most of the games would be played at 3pm on a saturday, or a tuesday evening. And for what it's worth I would've been able to make the sunday or monday or whatever but my fiancée went and booked a three week china trip leaving the sunday evening!

I made it clear to her since that if its moved to the sunday or monday I'll look into the cost of rearranging my flights within reason of price, but if I do miss it I will just accept it was my own fault as obviously I didn't make it clear enough to my fiancée.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That would have been a very foolish assumption to make. Far more kick off times are moved in this league and people need to wake up to that.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm completely with DK on this. The occasion (for those lucky enough to be there) really deserves a Sat 3pm ko. There will be plenty of other games at the Amex to televise. Given that this day has been so long in the coming, if expats were really that concerned about how important it is to see the first game, many could have found some way of being there (and if not actually at the game, then at least in Brighton to soak up the atmosphere). I appreciate not that easy for those in far flung climes - but should we really be trying to arrange one of the most important games in the club's history around a few folk in the US/Australia, etc? I can't imagine there are more than a hundred or so. I'm not in any way decrying their support, I just think it's far more important for everyone who will be there to be able to celebrate the day with a traditional 3pm ko.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
many could have found some way of being there (and if not actually at the game, then at least in Brighton to soak up the atmosphere). I appreciate not that easy for those in far flung climes

oh do shut up. If I was gauranteed a ticket I would happily shell out to fly half way across the world for this one game. Obviously, unless I have a season ticket, I can't gaurantee that.

3pm on a Saturday is the right time but god I wish I could watch this game :(

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
oh do shut up. If I was gauranteed a ticket I would happily shell out to fly half way across the world for this one game. Obviously, unless I have a season ticket, I can't gaurantee that.

3pm on a Saturday is the right time but god I wish I could watch this game :(

shall I spell guarantee wrong one more time?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The strings were being pulled by the Bloom family a long time before Dick relinquished the Chairmanship. They were holding back from "spunking money at the team" until the time was right. And that needed ALL of the preliminary work to be completed on the planning processes for Falmer. And there was a lot of stuff still to be done by DK once the planning permission was achieved. The idea that DK was holding things back is preposterous. It was the Bloom family who were waiting for the right time.

The outcome has been near perfect ... we need to thank both DK and TB for getting it right.

This is so right...whatever DK says there will always be fans who disagree because it does not fit in with their schedule and others will agree with him...I made sure of my ticket very early but for the exiles it was'nt so easy.I prefer a Leeds,West Ham TV game at the Amex.I think you'll find Donny will bring more fans than anticipated.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The strings were being pulled by the Bloom family a long time before Dick relinquished the Chairmanship. They were holding back from "spunking money at the team" until the time was right. And that needed ALL of the preliminary work to be completed on the planning processes for Falmer. And there was a lot of stuff still to be done by DK once the planning permission was achieved. The idea that DK was holding things back is preposterous. It was the Bloom family who were waiting for the right time.

The outcome has been near perfect ... we need to thank both DK and TB for getting it right.

Exactly this and well said. In the heady excitement of the last year or so, some people seem to forget that Dick Knight kept the club going during the darkest days. Yes, he may not have had the cash that Tony Bloom has but at the time, who else was saving us? Dick Knight & Tony Bloom have jointly got us to where we are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here