Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight Reality Check

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I can't believe that people are talking about DK leaving right when were poised on the precipice. He has the knowledge, the understanding and the means of creating/making what we need to finish this long haul off properly. Anyone new will NOT have been involved every step of the way and understand what is in place and what needs to be secured to make this complete. Its needed like a hole in the head.

I'm impressed by his willingness to refute all comers with his genial way. Frankly for the position we're in - we're lucky to have a man such as him.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Brilliant chairman and he whole heartedly deserves to be in charge when we move into the new stadium if he so wishes to be there at that time.

I'm always amazed at people who call him Dick Tight.

It's easy to call someone that when it's not your money being handed over.

We have a club to support thanks to Dick's hard work.

I guess some people are just never happy and maybe should just go support a Man U like club so they can then get happy in the undies over multi million pound signings that sit in the reserves squad.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Thats because twats archer and bellotti never got the chance of delivery this so called promised stadium.
They had plenty of chance - their two options (much talked about but nothing happened)? Waterhall and Toads Hole Valley - neither of which have stood up under a planning inquiry.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I would be very happy to see dick walk,if only it was that easy.That has to be the biggest load of turd i have ever read:laugh:
the stadium is about 4+years late,dick took over our club not saved it???in 10 years we have hardly moved and have huge debts,what exactly has your bum boyfriend knight actually acheived in 10 years?
you may have done this thread to get applauded by most on here mmmmm:yawn:
Problem is most on here lick dicks arse big big time,dick can't do anything wrong on this site,he is wrapped in cotton wall:glare:

You see dick is the main problem this club never moves forward,you actually need a reality check as you like most on here have been brainwashed by the same old drivel like.....

If it wasn't for dick we wouldn't have a club:yawn:
dick has put his own money into the club:yawn: 10p

Of course you're opinion will be greatly worshipped on here as per usual:glare:

Unbelievable! That is one of the single most ridiculous posts I've ever seen on NSC, and by Christ there's some rubbish posted on here at times!

It's a damn good job the people that have "invested" £13 million in the club over the last 10 years to keep it afloat have more faith than you do. Do you honestly think FBS and others would put millions of pounds into the club if they didn't have faith in DK? Perhaps the have access to the facts regarding the clubs finances etc rather than the bullshit put about by some on here?

I think there's a few idiots that think there's a queue of Russian billionaires out there waiting to turn the Albion into another Chelsea, get a reality check, there isn't and I for one am glad there's not.

The Albion have been around for just over 100 years and during the majority of that time have played in the same or equivilent division to the one we're in now.

Despite being sold out by Archer, made homeless, forced to play in exile at Gillingham and now having to make to with a very inadequate ground for much longer than we should have (because of the actions of LDC), we are still playing the same level and have even managed a spell at a higher level! That is an amazing achievement for which DK is largely responsible and should be applauded for. I'm sure DK is hungry for success on the pitch, as we all are. Success will come in time but at the moment the club needs stability and structured wages etc while we get Falmer built. Maybe if if the fans stop bickering and criticising and get on with supporting the club the success will come a little sooner!

Keep the Faith!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Thats because twats archer and bellotti never got the chance of delivery this so called promised stadium.

Idiot, you obviously know absolutely nothing. What a knob.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's dellghtfully put, KS, but I fear you've wasted your time.

Sir Albion / Berkshire Seagull isn't a Brighton fan, doesn't go to matches, and is a contemptuous wind-up merchant. He won't let the facts get in the way of his tedious one-track record of lies and spite.

Trade insults with him by all means - it's about his level - but it really isn't worth doing anything as worthy as debating with him. He's a liar and a fantasist.

He'll start going on about my girth and my (non-existant) beard next, he's that predictable.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Reading thru this thread, I am overcome with a desire to hug US, LordB and El Presidente for their sensible comments.
Perhaps I was traumatised by yesterday's performance.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We're already losing £10,000 a week, how much more do you want us to lose, and where do you think this money will come from?

So how do we lose money, even if we fill Withdean? We would only need an extra 1,500 or so paying for 25 homes games to make up the £520,000 deficit.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Unbelievable! That is one of the single most ridiculous posts I've ever seen on NSC, and by Christ there's some rubbish posted on here at times!

It's a damn good job the people that have "invested" £13 million in the club over the last 10 years to keep it afloat have more faith than you do. Do you honestly think FBS and others would put millions of pounds into the club if they didn't have faith in DK? Perhaps the have access to the facts regarding the clubs finances etc rather than the bullshit put about by some on here?

I think there's a few idiots that think there's a queue of Russian billionaires out there waiting to turn the Albion into another Chelsea, get a reality check, there isn't and I for one am glad there's not.

The Albion have been around for just over 100 years and during the majority of that time have played in the same or equivilent division to the one we're in now.

Despite being sold out by Archer, made homeless, forced to play in exile at Gillingham and now having to make to with a very inadequate ground for much longer than we should have (because of the actions of LDC), we are still playing the same level and have even managed a spell at a higher level! That is an amazing achievement for which DK is largely responsible and should be applauded for. I'm sure DK is hungry for success on the pitch, as we all are. Success will come in time but at the moment the club needs stability and structured wages etc while we get Falmer built. Maybe if if the fans stop bickering and criticising and get on with supporting the club the success will come a little sooner!

Keep the Faith!

Absolutely. Sir Albion clearly got his knighthood for telling stories :nono:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
So how do we lose money, even if we fill Withdean? We would only need an extra 1,500 or so paying for 25 homes games to make up the £520,000 deficit.

I assume EP was referring to this quote:

Some things may not MAKE the club money but we need to WIN fans back and sometimes I guess this has to be done at a loss.

If it means they come back, bring their mates or by a scarf etc and are still about when we have Falmer to fill the long-term benefit may justify the short-term loss.
where I believe Richie was suggesting that the club could stand more short-term losses if they make more money in the long-term. I happen to disagree with that - there must come a point where we can't afford to lose any more money in the short-term.

and some of the pricing structures suggested will be a licence to lose money

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Look at Wrexham after the departure of Pryce Griffiths. They're in the Conference next year, for sure.

You don't kill the king until you know who will next sit on the throne.

Add to the list of Great U.K. Legends, just afer the Beast of Bodmin and the monster-thingy in that lake up north, the queue of dodgy Russian oil millionaires on the doorstep all lined up every morning to bail out BHA that DK keeps telling to bugger off.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
A number of clubs have or will be taken over in the near future and there is no reason Brighton could not be one of them,Knight says he would accept new investors but he would have to stand down for them, he shows no inclination to do this.Thats the problem.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Thats the problem.

Why on earth do we need anyone else? You fickle fickle people, of short memories and without hearts....grow up and gain some respect.

You must have been present in all these board room discussions first hand to be able to form that opinion!! Why oh why should he HAVE to stand down for any new investment. If i were an investor - I'd want him there as he KNOWS WHATS GOING ON!!

This really is unbelievable...

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It's dellghtfully put, KS, but I fear you've wasted your time.

Sir Albion / Berkshire Seagull isn't a Brighton fan, doesn't go to matches, and is a contemptuous wind-up merchant. He won't let the facts get in the way of his tedious one-track record of lies and spite.

Trade insults with him by all means - it's about his level - but it really isn't worth doing anything as worthy as debating with him. He's a liar and a fantasist.

He'll start going on about my girth and my (non-existant) beard next, he's that predictable.
Listen here you brainwashed old fool,i went to a game 3 weeks ago so there goes you're load of bollocks.

You are one of many on here who are brainwashed by knight:yawn:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Keep the Faith!
You must be on drugs or a bloody proper geek:laugh:

the board have put 13 million in:laugh:thats a joke surely?
so we make millions on player sales?
the board put 13 million in?
we have debts around 11 million?

Now we have been at the withdean for 7 years and have spent 30 million quid nearly:laugh:
You see dicks job was to staberlise bha fc and get us a stadium,has he staberlised us?NO

Has he got us a stadium?YES
but its mr perry who has done the applications etc for falmer???

Dicks contributions are pretty tame really,if we had small debts etc then i would appreciate the hard work,fact is there isn't many chairmans in the country who would have got away with what has happened.Huge debts and homeless for 13 years???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here