Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight Reality Check

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We did have a rich chairman. We did have a stadium.

Then we didn't.
Very very true lord b

But don't you thinks its time you moved on and stopped comparing everyone to archer and bellotti?
You like many on here keep saying how lucky we are when clubs elsewhere struggle,but you and others never mention the dozens more that are going very nicely.Its always looking at the negative points in football and comparing.

Time to move on lord b and have some ambition for once :drink:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
'Sir' Albion - just what planet are you on? If it's the sort that gives you a knighthood then it's even further from reality than I thought. Every sentence you excrete has so much in it that's just plain wrong that it's hard to know where to begin putting you right, and in the end i suspect it's not even worth trying. As LB so eloquently put it, you are shit.
and you're a turd:lol:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I missed all but the last few mins of phone-in but well done to DK for being 'out there'.

I've seen a few chairmen in my time, most of whom I can't remember because they did nothing.

Bamber achieved most but is blamed for leaving the club in a state, Stanley/Archer were very rich men, featuring on the UK 'rich list' but all they wanted was to asset strip.

DK took over when nobody else would. He never claimed to have £millions. He got us back to brighton and now has planning permission for the promised land. As US stated, he has delivered, 3 promotions in the last 7/8 years is just short of the 4 I'd seen in over 30 years previous, and that's without a proper ground.

Dick & his team should be allowed to deliver Falmer. At his age, I wouldn't bet against him handing over once we get there and I hope he'll then be made something like a 'Life President'.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What is the point of getting a new stadium if we only have a couple of thousand fans left?

Surely the reason Dick et al worked so hard to save the club was so it could thrive in the future - not languish as an average League 1 side with falling gates?

I don't expect the club to spend millions on new players and am quite happy treading water so to speak until the new stadium arrives.

What bothers me is the high ticket prices and lack of fans coming to games. The club MUST do something about this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very very true lord b

But don't you thinks its time you moved on and stopped comparing everyone to archer and bellotti?
You like many on here keep saying how lucky we are when clubs elsewhere struggle,but you and others never mention the dozens more that are going very nicely.Its always looking at the negative points in football and comparing.

Good points!

Very very true lord b

We are moving on.

This is NOT the time to change direction.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What is the point of getting a new stadium if we only have a couple of thousand fans left?

Surely the reason Dick et al worked so hard to save the club was so it could thrive in the future - not languish as an average League 1 side with falling gates?

I don't expect the club to spend millions on new players and am quite happy treading water so to speak until the new stadium arrives.

What bothers me is the high ticket prices and lack of fans coming to games. The club MUST do something about this.

Perhaps they should round up people as they get of the train and frogmarch them to the ground. :D

I seem to recall DK being boringly repetitive on the phone-in about this.

It is happening to a limited extent this year. More will happen next season.

The constraint is that the Club doesn't want to piss off thousands of season ticket holders, by pricing every match at a level lower than season ticket prices.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
How about selling away tickets and tickets in the shit stands behind the goal as cheaper resricted view tickets?

How about lowering prices to a tenner this season for games and making it up to people who have season tickets by giving anyone renewing their season ticket next season a 50 per cent discount?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How about selling away tickets and tickets in the shit stands behind the goal as cheaper resricted view tickets?

How about lowering prices to a tenner this season for games and making it up to people who have season tickets by giving anyone renewing their season ticket next season a 50 per cent discount?

But you can't guarantee that this would increase ticket sales, I bet you wouldn't be so generous if it was your money.

larus

Because at about £10 - £12 per seat for theis season and next season, the club wouldn't be viable.

You do the maths, we're getting say 5000 @ £24.00 approx. How many do you need to sell at £10 to get the same revenue and what's the capacity?

Also, there's the small matter of football league rules in how many 'special' priced games you can do. But please, don't let facts stand in the way of mud throwing.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
But you can't guarantee that this would increase ticket sales, I bet you wouldn't be so generous if it was your money.

It was ONE suggestion.

I think a reduction in season ticket price is is needed anyway. Everybody knows the problems the club is facing but I am not sure if faced with another season in Leage 1 the club can justify higher season ticket prices than a lot of Championship clubs.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

OK, can you put forward a business plan with that, and send it to me. I'll assess it for you. Don't forget the £3.50 travel voucher is included in the ticket price, and the figures are VAT inclusive.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It was ONE suggestion.

I think a reduction in season ticket price is is needed anyway. Everybody knows the problems the club is facing but I am not sure if faced with another season in Leage 1 the club can justify higher season ticket prices than a lot of Championship clubs.

DK said on the phone in yesterday that this was a cause for concern, and that ticket prices for League 2 next season are being debated at board level. He said that it would not be fair on STH's to cut every price for the remainder of this season.

We have cut prices for some matches this season, the marketing of this appears to have been at best poor though, as there were no significant increases in attendance, although the Gillingham at home game was apparently nearly a sell out. Let's hope that everyone who bought an original ticket turns up for the rearranged fixture and we find out for sure.

Bradford have shown that a creative pricing structure can work, but we have different financial circumstances to them.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Some things may not MAKE the club money but we need to WIN fans back and sometimes I guess this has to be done at a loss.

If it means they come back, bring their mates or by a scarf etc and are still about when we have Falmer to fill the long-term benefit may justify the short-term loss.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Agree with El Pres about the poor marketing for some promotions.

For example the club DVD came through my door yesterday with the leaflet about FREE tickets for seagulls club members for a game which has already gone and the Christmas party on December 18.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We're already losing £10,000 a week, how much more do you want us to lose, and where do you think this money will come from?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here