Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight Reality Check

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The treatment Dick Knight got on the phone in was a disgrace. Some of you lot do not deserve to have a chairman as superb as Dick Knight. This man has saved our club and worked tirelessly for 10 years to deliver a ground and a team worth watching. He is a better chairman imho than any other in the football league, forget Abramoich I would rather have Knight.

Dick will deliver the stadium and on time I am confident. Although they have planning permission they have 120 conditions to meet first. This takes time and they need the financial structure first. The diggers will be in around Autumn 2008.

I have criticised Dick for his in house managerial appointments and am not a fan of dumping McGhee and appointing Wilkins or of Hinshelwood and a few other things but he has delivered Horton, Adams, Coppell, Taylor and McGhee all quality managers for the Albion in their time.

He has helped finance £ 1 000 000 losses each season to ensure the club does not go under and we can get the stadium and move onwards to the Premiership.

We have had 3 promotions and 2 league titles and 3 seasons in the 2nd highest flight of English football. We are having a solid but uninspiring mid table campaign this season and the only remaining excitement of the FA Cup round 4 was thrown away but Dick does not need abuse for this. I thought he was very tolerant yesterday on the phone in with people making snide comments which they did and if I was him I would have thought you load of Bastards do not deserve me and fecked off.

People talking of Knight walking away need a reality check. This man should be the 1st to walk on the Falmer pitch. All this abuse and thankless fans and he make want to walk , we could not blame him if he did.

Where the feck would we be then ?. :rant:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Post of the day. Where would we be without him?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
as posted elsewhere by me:

Thanks for all your hard work over the years Dick Knight, you are a true legend in my eyes.
But I now believe you have taken this club as far as you can and just seem to be tagging along on the Falmer success, its time for you to step aside and advertise your position to someone who can come in and take this club forward starting before we get to Falmer.

thats my view and has been for sometime now.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
The treatment Dick Knight got on the phone in was a disgrace. Some of you lot do not deserve to have a chairman as superb as Dick Knight. This man has saved our club and worked tirelessly for 10 years to deliver a ground and a team worth watching. He is a better chairman imho than any other in the football league, forget Abramoich I would rather have Knight.

Dick will deliver the stadium and on time I am confident. Although they have planning permission they have 120 conditions to meet first. This takes time and they need the financial structure first. The diggers will be in around Autumn 2008.

I have criticised Dick for his in house managerial appointments and am not a fan of dumping McGhee and appointing Wilkins or of Hinshelwood and a few other things but he has delivered Horton, Adams, Coppell, Taylor and McGhee all quality managers for the Albion in their time.

He has helped finance £ 1 000 000 losses each season to ensure the club does not go under and we can get the stadium and move onwards to the Premiership.

We have had 3 promotions and 2 league titles and 3 seasons in the 2nd highest flight of English football. We are having a solid but uninspiring mid table campaign this season and the only remaining excitement of the FA Cup round 4 was thrown away but Dick does not need abuse for this. I thought he was very tolerant yesterday on the phone in with people making snide comments which they did and if I was him I would have thought you load of Bastards do not deserve me and fecked off.

People talking of Knight walking away need a reality check. This man should be the 1st to walk on the Falmer pitch. All this abuse and thankless fans and he make want to walk , we could not blame him if he did.

For once, US, I agree 100% :clap:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
as posted elsewhere by me:

Thanks for all your hard work over the years Dick Knight, you are a true legend in my eyes.
But I now believe you have taken this club as far as you can and just seem to be tagging along on the Falmer success, its time for you to step aside and advertise your position to someone who can come in and take this club forward starting before we get to Falmer.

thats my view and has been for sometime now.

Who :angry:

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Spot on. If it wasn't for DK we probably wouldn't exist at all. Who else has actually come forward and showed the money? Who else has worked tirelessly against a seemingly never ending brigade of fuckwits who have tried to kill this club? The board have shown innovation - and backed it up with cash - in keeping this club alive.

DK is smart enough to know that he is currently the butt of massive criticism from people who have hitherto either been supportive or quiet.

And he's also smart enough to know that the best way of dealing with this is to get stuff out into the open and respond. This may involve taking a few punches on the chin, but it's a better way than any other Albion chairman has dealt with moaning fans.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I've never met Dick personally, but I get the feeling he actually enjoys proving the disbelievers wrong! He believes in the club, is proud of what they have achieved in his time as Chairman, and wants to achieve more!

Like he said yesterday, there hasn't been anyone else seriously wanting to invest, so without him, we wouldn't be going to Falmer, let alone have made the play offs etc

So yes, I agree that he should be the first to walk onto the pitch at Falmer, and he should be applauded for everything he has done!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I agree 100% with US.

What I would like to know - is who would honestly invest their money in Brighton at the moment. The people that suggest Dick knight should stand down make the assumption that somebody is waiting in the wings with lots of money - who exactly is this person?

I would suspect that we will have someone want to come in and take over the club when we have falmer. In the meantime Dick Knight is, and will continue to be the best chairman we can hope for.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
And he's also smart enough to know that the best way of dealing with this is to get stuff out into the open and respond. This may involve taking a few punches on the chin, but it's a better way than any other Albion chairman has dealt with moaning fans.

Agreed, but if he's going to take those punches he needs to work on the glass jaw he's developed.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
well...you advertise and see who comes along, if no one then he continues until someone does come along....simple!

What would the ad read, CASH WANTED?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bankrupt club , great investment opportunity

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
well...you advertise and see who comes along, if no one then he continues until someone does come along....simple!

OK, what we're looking for is someone who first of all has £13million to repay the existing board for their loans, then manage the funding for a £50million stadium, then providing finance for teambuilding in front of fans in a small town with no track record of regular success at the highest level.

Where should we place the advert, Loot, Ebay, the Argus Classifieds, Nuts TV?

I'm prepared to stick a tenner into a pot for the advert, anyone care to join me?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
My god its like talking to two year olds, seriously how hard is it to write an advert, use your imaginations for f*** sake!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Solid and well written post, couldn't agree more, well said.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree 100% with US.

I would suspect that we will have someone want to come in and take over the club when we have falmer. In the meantime Dick Knight is, and will continue to be the best chairman we can hope for.

The same was said prior to obtaining the planning permission.

The drawback is that we do not own Withdean so you are not going to get people like those who have invested in QPR because they have nothing to sell as regards land to offset their expenditure on Falmer.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
OK, what we're looking for is someone who first of all has £13million to repay the existing board for their loans, then manage the funding for a £50million stadium, then providing finance for teambuilding in front of fans in a small town with no track record of regular success at the highest level.

Where should we place the advert, Loot, Ebay, the Argus Classifieds, Nuts TV?

I'm prepared to stick a tenner into a pot for the advert, anyone care to join me?

But investors are interested in the potential of the club, of which there is plenty. If QPR can get that sort of investment then so can we (maybe not on that scale but there is plenty of money out there).

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Argh - sorry, I meant that we cannot hope for investors until we are playing at falmer.

Should have made my post clearer!

I think it's VERY important for the ad to make it clear that whoever takes over now will have to appear on Harty's phone-in and answer questions along the lines of ...

Harty:- "The next caller is from the City of London".

Caller:- "I was on the point of lending the Albion TENS OF MILLIONS OF POUNDS to build a stadium, but the guys we were talking to have suddenly f***ed off. Tell me, Mr New Chairman, why should lend the money to you?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here