Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight on the fans phone in after Mansfield game

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
says a man with 31000 posts:laugh::laugh::drunk:

If memory serves me correct last time you were at an away game another fan had to remind you of the words we were singing at the time which was.............Albion, Albion

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would rather you did contribute so people can actually understand the critical state the club is in but is fortunately on the verge of greatness (once again).

Added to that we have had three promotions whilst struggling financially - sadly this is a bunch of losers to some.

I agree with the sentiment of what you say. However the basic facts are that crowds are significantly down on what they once were. This is a result of some very poor judgements, partly by DK, but also Martin Perry in the treatment of season ticket holders, the way the ticketing system works, the lack of any real investment in players in the January transfer window over three or four seasons, and the inability of the club to understand why people don't come to games.

DK has done so much for this football club but that does not make him imune from criticism. All anyone ever does is compare him to Archer and Bellotti. Thats like saying Stalin was okay because Lenin was really really bad. Nonsense. The truth is he has done a pretty good job, but frankly whoever came in was starting from a point where for a few years they had little to lose in terms of expectations, we were rock bottom and the only way was up. Regardless of anything, Brighton is a club still competing below its "natural" level. That is acceptable because of the stadium issues, however sometimes DK and the general running of the club appears to be so secondary to the stadium issue that all things become farcical.

I think the drop in attendances that we have seen this season is largely as a result of the Falmer decision. The huge hype built up over this has left people excited but sadly nothing has yet happened, and doesn't yet appear to be happening. Perhaps once the bulldozers finally commence work then this will change. The problem is during this time loyal supporters have been pissed off in a number of different ways which has led to people not caring as much as they used and getting out of the habit of going to football on a Saturday. All of this last bit is sadly because DK and MP took their eyes off the running of the club, appeared to take the supporters for granted whilst they concentrated on Falmer. I agree this was for the long term benefit but wish they could have seen the damage they were doing to the clubs support.

I think DK compares very favourable with many ex chairmen of the club, but please don't always use Archer as the measure. The guy was a villain, he should not be the yardstick.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think DK compares very favourable with many ex chairmen of the club, but please don't always use Archer as the measure. The guy was a villain, he should not be the yardstick.

And when did I use Archer as the measure ?

An interesting exchange of views here.

On the outside is sir albion, who - quite correctly - analyses the state of the Club's finances as "potless". On the inside is Insider who - equally correctly - advises that the debt consists substantially of interest free loans poured into the Club by directors who are getting nothing in return, apart from shares in a potless club.

If only both sides of this argument could appreciate that there is common ground, there would be a chance of taking things forward in harmony.

What is absolutely certain is that a potless Club like the Albion could go bust at any time if the current board of directors decided to walk away from the debt that they have so manfully managed EVERY YEAR since they took over.

I'm not suggesting that sir albion and his chums actually THANK the directors, but it would be a start if they put a stop to the innuendo that what motivates the directors is a wish to get rich from their stewardship of the club.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If memory serves me correct last time you were at an away game another fan had to remind you of the words we were singing at the time which was.............Albion, Albion

That was my joke and over 2 years ago at Reading. I have seen Pete since then at away games.

There have been fans forums each August over the last 5 years. Why don't people go if they want answers. You've have the chairman, chief exec and manager right there in front of you with no prepared questions. You have the chance to ask whatever you want.
What gets me is people posting on here attacking other fans for having different opinions when they can't be bothered to find out the facts for themselves.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
:nono:
:rant:

Engage your brain ..download a set of the latest accounts from Companies House website...spend a bit of time reading them and all will become clear !
We have been deep in the brown stuff for years and only good financial management by the board has ensured the continued existence of The Albion.
Sights rubbish,try charging you a pound for info:glare:

why don't you put it on here for me:lol:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
What is absolutely certain is that a potless Club like the Albion could go bust at any time if the current board of directors decided to walk away from the debt that they have so manfully managed EVERY YEAR since they took over.

That is the main point some dont seem to understand or want to hear..I wish they would look at the published accounts ..its all there in print on the public record !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So at what point and who would decide when these loans can be exchanged for shares ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And when did I use Archer as the measure ?

Apologies, you didn't, but I have often heard the response on here and elsewhere "so you'd prefer to have Archer". Or "well he is still better than that bastard Bellotti". It just doesn't wash. Of course he is better than them, much better, but is he for example any better than all the other chairmen since Bamber who were basically fighting like crazy to control a club with spiralling debt caused by over spending on players wages etc. And I seem to remember very many calls against all of those boards over the years who were basically doing very much what DK is doing now.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That was my joke and over 2 years ago at Reading. I have seen Pete since then at away games.

There have been fans forums each August over the last 5 years. Why don't people go if they want answers. You've have the chairman, chief exec and manager right there in front of you with no prepared questions. You have the chance to ask whatever you want.
What gets me is people posting on here attacking other fans for having different opinions when they can't be bothered to find out the facts for themselves.
went to hull away and saw you,im a super fan for going that far:laugh:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

So you own jokes now ?

bullshit detector

Back in the garage
Nov 18, 2003
sir albion, you are a complete and total cretin. You have the intellectual capacity of a
retarded amoeba. If you have nothing more constructive to do than wind decent albion fans up on a Wednesday evening please go away.

Detected.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So you own jokes now ?

I don't think there's ownership of jokes. I mean, look at the acts of Tom O'Connor, Tarby, Brucie, Lynchy, all the greats...they got away with nicking them for years.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
sir albion, you are a complete and total cretin. You have the intellectual capacity of a
retarded amoeba. If you have nothing more constructive to do than wind decent albion fans up on a Wednesday evening please go away.

Detected.
Button it fool,mind you i bet you have a real good brain capacity and earn 10k a year:laugh:

Run along twat:yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here