Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight on the fans phone in after Mansfield game

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What absolute rubbish.

To be fair, people will still waste time asking how Dick is and how they once had a meeting five years ago.

This of course isnt Dicks fault but we all know it will happen, but good on him for agreeing to do this at a time its easier for him to stay out of reach.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
The both clobbered up huge debts for our club,thats as simular as it will ever get.:rolleyes:

It really amazes me the complete lack of any thought some people have as they type this sort of utter bollocks and press the return key. f***ing rolleyes my arse.

Explain to me how he is supposed to pay the wages and run the club on the gates we get and that the fact that we don't even own our own ground? How is that in any way comparable to Bellotti?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think DK should get questions in advance. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know what the pressing issues are at the moment, the ones that if this appearance is to have any value he must be addressing and should have answers to. They are of course getting people through the door now and in the future, the related issue of ticket prices, whether we are able to try for promotion in the shape of team-strengthening, and above all, we need a full 2008 update on how Falmer is to be financed.

We were only to eager to trumpet where the money was coming from years ago, now we've actually got the go-ahead and it's all gone quiet. Even if it's bad news and costs have escalated to a ludicrous extent, we need to hear it and how the board are to overcome it, because everyone has invested too much not to be told.

Any other questions from slightly left-field, you'd hope he'd have the knowledge and the wit to cope.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I usually refrain from commenting on the main board, but after some of the absolute rubbish I have seen in the past few days, some of you people on this board need a very serious reality check.

The current board of directors have invested millions in the football club getting us to the stage we're now at (not to mention years of their lives, when they should probably be enjoying retirement, and in Dick's case he has never drawn a salary in his ten years as chairman). Yet he still gets some ridiculous gripes and moans.

I for one can't believe he pours his live savings into the club and then has to put up with this rubbish. As Super Seagull points out, yes things aren't perfect at this football club, and they won't be until we're moved in at Falmer. Some of us can remember dark days at Swansea, when 39 of us on the away terrace were wondering if we'd still have a football club; or perhaps half-time at Hereford... not many of us though. We will get to Falmer and in the meantime we need to stick together as supporters and make the best of it (and remember who exactly sold out the football club).

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Much as I agree with your 2nd comment a list of questions wouldnt work because he would refuse to answer some and would not go on the show if he thought the going would get tough. That is like Bellotti's days when he wouldn't go on the radio unless he had vetted the questions before hand and we do not want to return to that type of interview.

the number of thoughtless posts is increasing by the day....what is wrong with some of you, think about what you're saying, im assuming you're not a primary school child who speaks without going through in his brain what he's actually saying

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It really amazes me the complete lack of any thought some people have as they type this sort of utter bollocks and press the return key. f***ing rolleyes my arse.

Explain to me how he is supposed to pay the wages and run the club on the gates we get and that the fact that we don't even own our own ground? How is that in any way comparable to Bellotti?
You mis-read as i compared debts and nothing else:eek:

plenty of clubs that get smaller crowds than us that have little debts???can't help that im pi$$ed off,because the fans pay a fortune to go to that shitehole yet the debts are beyond belief:nono:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I usually refrain from commenting on the main board, but after some of the absolute rubbish I have seen in the past few days, some of you people on this board need a very serious reality check.

The current board of directors have invested millions in the football club getting us to the stage we're now at (not to mention years of their lives, when they should probably be enjoying retirement, and in Dick's case he has never drawn a salary in his ten years as chairman). Yet he still gets some ridiculous gripes and moans.

I for one can't believe he pours his live savings into the club and then has to put up with this rubbish. As Super Seagull points out, yes things aren't perfect at this football club, and they won't be until we're moved in at Falmer. Some of us can remember dark days at Swansea, when 39 of us on the away terrace were wondering if we'd still have a football club; or perhaps half-time at Hereford... not many of us though. We will get to Falmer and in the meantime we need to stick together as supporters and make the best of it (and remember who exactly sold out the football club).

Well said sir.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I don't think DK should get questions in advance. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know what the pressing issues are at the moment, the ones that if this appearance is to have any value he must be addressing and should have answers to. They are of course getting people through the door now and in the future, the related issue of ticket prices, whether we are able to try for promotion in the shape of team-strengthening, and above all, we need a full 2008 update on how Falmer is to be financed.

At last some common sense for someone who realises the club isn't run by a confederacy of dunces...

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2

thankyou insider, a sensible post to bring some people back to reality

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
You mis-read as i compared debts and nothing else:eek:

plenty of clubs that get smaller crowds than us that have little debts???can't help that im pi$$ed off,because the fans pay a fortune to go to that shitehole yet the debts are beyond belief:nono:

So what are you saying then? That he's ripped off the club? Explain to me what would happen if he left right at this moment as your sig seems to suggest you want to happen. Would the club run itself? Would you do it? Wtf are you on about?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Spot on fella lets hope that shuts up a few of the whingers around here.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

You make a valid point,but you will notice that it doesn't look that straight forward does it?
been at the withdean 7 years
made around 5 million+ on player sales etc
you state the board have put millions in:glare:

debts 11 million???

Now that doesn't look good from that point of view does it?:whisky:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Bumlick.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I don't think DK should get questions in advance.

Nobody said he should see them in advance, just that the questions should be written down for Harty to ask, it would save loads of time, and avoid the morons.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I would rather you did contribute so people can actually understand the critical state the club is in but is fortunately on the verge of greatness (once again).

Added to that we have had three promotions whilst struggling financially - sadly this is a bunch of losers to some.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here