Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight on the fans phone in after Mansfield game

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
DK is dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't. If he ignored the invite to go on he would be accused of hiding but now he has accepted he gets abuse even before the show goes out. Its pathetic really do wonder if people support the club or just enjoy a good moan.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
The both clobbered up huge debts for our club,thats as simular as it will ever get.:rolleyes:
You are a complete and utter knob. You freely admit that you won't go to Withdean, thus refusing to support the club financially, yet you have the nerve to criticise Dick Knight and the Board ,whose financial input keeps the Albion afloat. f***ing hypocrite:tosser:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You are a complete and utter knob.

Our friend AKA Berkshire Seagull has always been that.

Clue to each incarnation is the smilies

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
You are a complete and utter knob. You freely admit that you won't go to Withdean, thus refusing to support the club financially, yet you have the nerve to criticise Dick Knight and the Board ,whose financial input keeps the Albion afloat. f***ing hypocrite:tosser:

Hear hear. I think Sir Albion is David Bellotti. Has anyone actually met him?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You mean bank loans not mr knight?
You see its fans like you and many on here is why this club struggles to move forward,you constantly blab on about how dick saved us from exstinction and what a complete cock bellotti and co where,move on and get over the past as its history and a new era has started.

You like many lack ambition for this club,sometimes i think you bum lickers like it the way it is so you get all the plaudets and attention.Not everyone licks dicks arse remember.

You have you're view as do i,tough if it isn't what you like.:glare:

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
You make a valid point,but you will notice that it doesn't look that straight forward does it?
been at the withdean 7 years
made around 5 million+ on player sales etc
you state the board have put millions in:glare:

debts 11 million???

Now that doesn't look good from that point of view does it?:whisky:

We know why we've spent 7 years at Withdean and that severely affects finances. I'm not getting dragged into a debate about club finances, but it doesn't take small change to run a football club at the best of times - let alone at a time when you're embroiled in a legal planning battle. The fact is no director (except the MD and CEO) draws a salary, and if you take the time to examine the club's accounts (filed at companies house), just as the Argus do every year, you will see that a large portion of the 'debts' are loans from directors, which can be converted to shares. So to state the club is £11m in debt is not strictly true; in my eyes the directors have invested that figure. As for the £5m in from players we are a selling club because there are more pressing priorities until we get to Falmer... that isn't going to change, there's little we can do about that until that damn stadium is open.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I would rather you did contribute so people can actually understand the critical state the club is in but is fortunately on the verge of greatness (once again).

Added to that we have had three promotions whilst struggling financially - sadly this is a bunch of losers to some.

Wish I had the time! Also could do without the childish name calling, those idiots really put the rest of you to shame and drag NSC's name through the mud. Two words...

Constructive criticism.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We know why we've spent 7 years at Withdean and that severely affects finances. I'm not getting dragged into a debate about club finances, but it doesn't take small change to run a football club at the best of times - let alone at a time when you're embroiled in a legal planning battle. The fact is no director (except the MD and CEO) draws a salary, and if you take the time to examine the club's accounts (filed at companies house), just as the Argus do every year, you will see that a large portion of the 'debts' are loans from directors, which can be converted to shares. So to state the club is £11m in debt is not strictly true; in my eyes the directors have invested that figure. As for the £5m in from players we are a selling club because there are more pressing priorities until we get to Falmer... that isn't going to change, there's little we can do about that until that damn stadium is open.
Good to see you have an honest decent view,and also you like many know how frustrating it all is:D we have been potless for decades and decades.

Hope it turns around:smokin:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I usually refrain from commenting on the main board, but after some of the absolute rubbish I have seen in the past few days, some of you people on this board need a very serious reality check.

The current board of directors have invested millions in the football club getting us to the stage we're now at (not to mention years of their lives, when they should probably be enjoying retirement, and in Dick's case he has never drawn a salary in his ten years as chairman). Yet he still gets some ridiculous gripes and moans.

I for one can't believe he pours his live savings into the club and then has to put up with this rubbish. As Super Seagull points out, yes things aren't perfect at this football club, and they won't be until we're moved in at Falmer. Some of us can remember dark days at Swansea, when 39 of us on the away terrace were wondering if we'd still have a football club; or perhaps half-time at Hereford... not many of us though. We will get to Falmer and in the meantime we need to stick together as supporters and make the best of it (and remember who exactly sold out the football club).

Well put Mr Insider. There are too many people on this board who have lost all sense of reality of where this club has come since the dark days of '96 & '97. Prehaps the anti Knight brigade on this board never witnessed how Archer, Stanley & Belloti ran (f**ked up) OUR club.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Some of the views on here and on the phone in really do make me wonder just how thick some Albion fans are.

We constantly get people on the phone in saying we need someone with money to come in..... no really?!?! As if there is anyone who wants to invest in the club at the moment without a ground. Thank god for people like Dick Knight who have done so while we fight for Falmer.

Then we have people on NSC who don't do to games at Withdean anymore, which I can understand, but don't then moan about the club not signing players or offering high wages!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
You mean bank loans not mr knight?
You see its fans like you and many on here is why this club struggles to move forward,you constantly blab on about how dick saved us from exstinction and what a complete cock bellotti and co where,move on and get over the past as its history and a new era has started.

You like many lack ambition for this club,sometimes i think you bum lickers like it the way it is so you get all the plaudets and attention.Not everyone licks dicks arse remember.

You have you're view as do i,tough if it isn't what you like.:glare:
Maybe people would have more respect for your views if you attended matches, thereby making some contribution to the clubs coffers.
BTW, if you believe that the club would be in a better position if Archer, Belloti and Stanley had not been ousted, then you are seriously deluded.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Much as I agree with your 2nd comment a list of questions wouldnt work because he would refuse to answer some and would not go on the show if he thought the going would get tough. That is like Bellotti's days when he wouldn't go on the radio unless he had vetted the questions before hand and we do not want to return to that type of interview.

I personally dont think Knight would refuse or vet the questions. If he insisted on this then his creditbility and integrity would plummet immediately. He came in proclaiming honesty and transparency so doing what you suggested would turn him into a liar at the very least.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well put Mr Insider. There are too many people on this board who have lost all sense of reality of where this club has come since the dark days of '96 & '97. Prehaps the anti Knight brigade on this board never witnessed how Archer, Stanley & Belloti ran (f**ked up) OUR club.

Insider is right to give some a little history lesson and some perspective. I think, however, you can cut people a bit of slack for their frustration. I don't think there is a person on this board who, when we first went to Gillingham in 1997, thought that by 2008 (and probably 2010) we still wouldn't have a new ground.

There are two ways of looking at it where Knight is concerned. One is that he's a hero for eventually getting the new ground, despite the 13 years. The other is that that is very, very slow, someone else might have done it quicker, and we've really suffered in that time.

I'm honestly not sure what I think. I'll be as happy as anyone the first game I get to go to at Falmer, but I do know that I'm very battle-weary, and I don't regard it as quite the unqualified success that some seem to, because of the time taken and the damage done in that time.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Maybe people would have more respect for your views if you attended matches, thereby making some contribution to the clubs coffers.
BTW, if you believe that the club would be in a better position if Archer, Belloti and Stanley had not been ousted, then you are seriously deluded.
Listen here fool,i followed the albion from 86 onwards???
Just because its slack now means nothing,or is it this superfan status tosh?made plenty of contributions to the club.Didn't say it would be better with bellotti in charge so don't start jumping to conclusions.

Fact is im not a dick knight fan and you are thats all,if you think you will ever get everyone to love dick knight then you are deluded.:drink:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
You make a valid point,but you will notice that it doesn't look that straight forward does it?
been at the withdean 7 years
made around 5 million+ on player sales etc
you state the board have put millions in:glare:

debts 11 million???

Now that doesn't look good from that point of view does it?:whisky:

:nono:
:rant:

Engage your brain ..download a set of the latest accounts from Companies House website...spend a bit of time reading them and all will become clear !
We have been deep in the brown stuff for years and only good financial management by the board has ensured the continued existence of The Albion.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
:nono:
:rant:

Engage your brain ..download a set of the latest accounts from Companies House website...spend a bit of time reading them and all will become clear !
We have been deep in the brown stuff for years and only good financial management by the board has ensured the continued existence of The Albion.

You're wasting your time , my friend. Facts mean nothing to this idiot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here