Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight is on his way out

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
If rumours of Dick Knight no longer being chairman and neither of the Blooms want to be chairman, might it be that another investor as Chairman is on the horizon, maybe one that is already associated with the club albeit secretly?

Maybe this is all linked with the building of Falmer. Personally I dont see how Tony Bloom (a gambler) nor his father can fund Falmer. They maybe rich compared with us, but putting in £25m is mega money. Nor do I believe that in these times Banks will lend that money.

So who is funding Falmer? and maybe that who is calling the shots.

I just wish Gold would invest in the Albion. Particularly now that he has got Birmingham back in the top flight.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why to people keep banging on about David Gold. His only connection, as far as I am aware is that his girlfriend is from Hurstpierpoint! Rumours abound that McLeish will leave and no doubt that is due to better offers and the fact that someone needs to pump money in to the transfer kitty and I doubt if DG is willing to do that. Why would he want to come to Brighton?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Makes you wonder how much of a 'free rein' Russell's going to have, will he have to go through a third party(e.g any new director of football (Stevens?)) with any personnel changes he wants to make?
Suppose he must be happy with what's happening/about to happen if he's signed a 2 year deal:shrug:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Parlous times, if true.

Consider as a cautionary tale the history of Wrexham since the departure of Pryce Griffiths in 2002. There isn't even a Pryce Griffiths Stand any more.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
The Blooms have the money and therefore the influence. He who pays the piper calls the tune.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
perhaps its time for a change at the top? he made terrible mistakes with the wilkins and adams decisions this season. didn't handle the gannon approach very well and got a bit lucky with slade. overall it does seem, falmer project apart, that the club isn't particularly well run at the moment so thanks for everything dick, but time to step aside.

but in reality, if bloom is pumping millions into the club he's calling the shots now anyway so it doesn't really matter what knight's official title is at the club.

do you remember when adams was sacked and the hart interview - it was clear then that bloom had instructed dick to pull the trigger (sounds a bit rude that doesn't it!)

phil1977

"And now on Whistle Test"
Nov 19, 2004
Bristol
Not sure if I like Gary Stevens to be part of the club.

What positive things has he done for us since he left for Spurs back in the 80's?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...do you remember when adams was sacked and the hart interview - it was clear then that bloom had instructed dick to pull the trigger (sounds a bit rude that doesn't it!)

No I don't remember it like that at all. Dick Knight said in his interview that he went into his regular (weekly/monthly??) meeting with Micky Adams with no intention/expectation that he would be sacked/leave.

Why do you just make stuff up like this?

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
perhaps its time for a change at the top? he made terrible mistakes with the wilkins and adams decisions this season. didn't handle the gannon approach very well and got a bit lucky with slade. overall it does seem, falmer project apart, that the club isn't particularly well run at the moment so thanks for everything dick, but time to step aside.

but in reality, if bloom is pumping millions into the club he's calling the shots now anyway so it doesn't really matter what knight's official title is at the club.

do you remember when adams was sacked and the hart interview - it was clear then that bloom had instructed dick to pull the trigger (sounds a bit rude that doesn't it!)

explain all of that, and put some substance behind it please, cos it sounds like a load of crap to me.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
DK saved the Albion but that was 10 years ago and if he hadn't, there would more than likely have been someone else that would have stepped up to the plate.

What a load of elephant wank, we were dead and buried. By all means criticise DK for some mistakes, but to claim there was a queue of people looking to take over is rewriting history.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
explain all of that, and put some substance behind it please, cos it sounds like a load of crap to me.

substance? its hardly new news is it mate. you might remember that he sacked wilkins and replaced him with adams. both terrible mistakes. the gannon approach became public and we had a silly 'will he won't he' situation - and he eventually turned us down so for me that's another mistake. then slade wasn't confirmed as boos for another couple of weeks (i think, may be wrong) so again, perhaps that could have been handled better.

its public knowledge that bloom is putting millions into the club so that's that one explained.

as for the hart thing, well hart asked him if he went to the little C to sack him and he said no, but he later claimed all decisions had to be taken at board level. can't recall all the detail but it didn't really add up at the time.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
No I don't remember it like that at all. Dick Knight said in his interview that he went into his regular (weekly/monthly??) meeting with Micky Adams with no intention/expectation that he would be sacked/leave.

i don't. why do you just accept what the club say as fact?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its evident to anyone that Knight has not really been a fully operational chairman for many years. he hasnt backed the club with money as is the tradition of the role, depending on Norman Cook then the Blooms to keep us going. dont get me wrong he's still been running things, just more as Chief Executive instead.

On his way out? not sure about that, but certainly sidelined more.

i don't. why do you just accept what the club say as fact?

"......do you remember when adams was sacked and the hart interview - it was clear then that bloom had instructed dick to pull the trigger (sounds a bit rude that doesn't it!)"

You did here, nothing like this was said or implied by either DK or IH during that interview.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here