Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight is on his way out

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Frankly this would come as no great surprise but it would be a shame.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Gary Stevens was in the hospitality area again on Sat and seems to be a permanent fixture, so that seems plausible. I think Tony Bloom should join the board as he seems to be pumping a lot of money in and should have an official say. I am sure if this rumour is true, Dick would stay on as 'Life President' or something like that.

As of six weeks ago, Dick said Tony didn't want to join the board.

Of course, that may have changed since.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Of course, the net effect of a thread like this is likely to be a whole load of people showing their fondness for DK's remaining as chairman and sending out a message to those who really might have some power to undermine him. So it's all good.
DK has been a positive face of the club for a decade now, but as a mere fan of the club, I'm not really sure if it matters who the chairman is. Afterall, if he's been doing things that the club's paymasters don't like, why *should* he be allowed to continue?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
To be fair, he's well past retirement age, he's done a fantastic job and has achieved what he wanted to achieve - keeping the club alive and delivering Falmer. It's got to happen soon really, hasn't it? Doesn't mean he will vanish altogether. :)

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
i have heard so many people slating DK this season, especially when we looked like we were going down, i wouldnt be suprised if he stepped down and i think that would be our loss. He has delivered what he promised and surely has to be one of, if not THE best chairmen we have ever had.

In the same way that Wilkins wasn't the right man to take us to Falmer, maybe Knight isn't either.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I didn't think anyone else wanted the job? Isn't that what we're told everytime this season someone has posted saying DK should go? There isn't anyone else to take the job, no one wants it, etc?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
A dual chairmanship - Nigel Kennedy and Richard Branson - should see us in the Premiership in three years time. You heard it here last.
:thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't think Dick should be exempt from change simply due to the fact that he saved us in the dark days and made gargantuan strides in securing our future.

If he is not the best man to spearhead the attack, then I would be happy for him to take a Life President role at the club and let someone else takeover. Those currently sitting on the board and hold shares in the club are in the best position to make that sort of judgement. Let's see what happens.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Heard Gary Stevens (probably aided by Barry Lloyd and Ken Brown) will represent Bloom in terms of day to day admin/management should he assume control - and DK decide to take a back seat.

DK and Martin Perry should both get life president roles, great servants to the club.

Funny you should say about Gary Stevens. I was invited by my boss to MK Dons V Brighton, he supports MK Dons by the way. I had a corporate ticket which got me a champagne meal and the usual bullshit.

At half time I saw Gary Stevens, I was about say hello when some women started chatting to him. Women asked him what he was doing, he replied scouting. I know this is not connected, but may be it shows who is in charge at Brighton.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And without Dick Knight, there wouldn't be an Albion.

Every dog has their day.

DK saved the Albion but that was 10 years ago and if he hadn't, there would more than likely have been someone else that would have stepped up to the plate.

Don't get me wrong, as an Albion fan I appreciate everything he has done but it is clear he is not the man that is keeping the club alive now but as the voicepiece for the board, he is carrying the flack for every wrong decision from the sacking of Wilkins to the delayed departure of Adams.

Should he go, he should receive some life presidency and be there for Falmer along with MP who, I don't see any reason why he should go to as his role is about building the damn thing.

The only question is whether DK would sell his shares?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here