Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott MP.... Racist?

Oct 6, 2010
Tweeted the following:

"White people love playing "divide & rule" We should not play their game #tacticasoldascolonialism"

I wasn't aware that I did. I just wonder what the reaction to this would be if she was white and made these comments about black people?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Stupid unhelpful comment.

If she had said "The Establishment Like Divide and Rule", no problem. Even if she had said "The White Establishment Like Divide and Rule" - probably would have got away with it... just.

But the comment as it stands (and I know what it was in reaction to it) it stupid in the extreme. I disagree with her general point anyway.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
She lost her credibility a long time ago. Where did her kids go to school?

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
If she had said "SOME White people...." then that is fair comment. Just saying "White people..." well that's a bit racist.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Silly thing to say really, gives a big open goal to those lining up to take faux offence.... But not racist, no - Show me someone who is truly offended....

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hmmm who do I complain to for racist comments? Cops I guess, I shall be doing this later in the same way as football fans can be reported for very much the same thing. It is no less offensive to a race of people.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Tweeted the following:

"White people love playing "divide & rule" We should not play their game #tacticasoldascolonialism"

I wasn't aware that I did. I just wonder what the reaction to this would be if she was white and made these comments about black people?

Indeed a very racist comment and that is why I refuse to discuss or debate the race issue because it is all skewed and biased against rational debate.

Best stick to football and other non confrontational issues. er?

TNBA

TTF

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
If a white person said this, OB would be all over them like a flash.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No surprise that she said it, all black people are ignorant bigots.

DISCLAIMER (for the benefit of the thick wanker who complained to the police about racist remarks in the past and got NSC into trouble): Obviously I don't really think all black people are ignorant bigots, I am merely descending to Abbot's crass level in order to make a point.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Another pearl of wisdom from Diane Abbott:

"West Indian mums will go to the wall for their children."

- obviously white mums wouldn't would they Diane. I find her utterly insufferable, not least because on This Week she seems incapable of speaking without having her eyes permanently rolled up in her head, as though she's reading an autocue off the ceiling.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Silly thing to say really, gives a big open goal to those lining up to take faux offence.... But not racist, no - Show me someone who is truly offended....
Yes. I'm offended. Seriously. It's an insult to my intelligence and sensibilities that I even like the concept of 'divide and rule' much less love it. As far as racists go she makes John Terry look like a model citizen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here