Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Di Canio

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is what's going to stop Di Canio reaching the top. It's all well & good tearing crap players a new one: they're all too star struck to argue.

If Di Canio turns up at a Premier League club and does that to a player, I could see all of them turning away & walking out, in a sort of "who do you think you are?" style. Would John Terry take that sort of abuse?

NInja, I am sure you are right to say there is a lot more to Caddis than just paternal leave. However, if I behaved like PDC towards any of my colleagues in similar situations, I would expect to be sued for constructive dismissal.

Furthermore, in the long term, will this be productive for Swindon? Right or wrong, he has lost a key player who has gone straight into the Birmingham first team- do they have the deep pockets to replace with similar quality? STFC have begun to ship goals after a long string of clean sheets.

The forced apology on an excellent young keeper (remember the first half against) us?)will, I am pretty sure end up with him gone in the next window- with Brezovan returning on loan??!

The working class bit I get, but that would normally involve sorting things out firmly in the dressing room. I am struggling to recall such a public humiliation of any player (excluding the England back four vs Germany in the last world cup).

What a shame for Swindon! Oxford must be pissing themselves- it is like having old Bob Maxwell managing rather than owning!

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
he says what he feels and tbh subbing the keeper for having a shocker ant that bad, the keeper should hold his hands up and said yeah i was shocking and get on and prove himself.

Di Canio is a perfectionist and if players dont meet his high standards he lets them no, not sure its right but i would like to see some manager do the same from time to time

Subbing your keeper is one thing..if he's having a 'mare' no problem. Slagging him off in public is not on . That is for the dressing room and NOT public consumption . Whether or not Gus wasnt happy with Ank or Brez last season...he would NEVER have publicly humiliated them . De Canio will lose the dressing room ....quickly !

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Yup. Totally unprofessional. Give him a bollocking by all means, but do it behind closed doors.

Whatever people behind closed doors is no problem of mine, providing they're both consenting adults.

totally agree - i manage two people at work - if i spoke about them like that in the office whatever they had done i would be toast.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
[MENTION=127]queens park pete[/MENTION] I agree with pretty much everything you wrote there. There's deffinitely a way to do things and Paolo has blatantly, and intentionally, ignored it and pretty much everyone thinks he has acted like a petulant Italian caricature and rightly so.

On the other hand, maybe it has finally dawned on Paolo that Foderingham is Palace, and therefore should be shown the door?! In all seriousness though, I would be well up for swapping Brez/Casper for Foderingham, superb young goalkeeper. Swindon fans don't like Casper though, so Paolo would make himself even more unpopular by signing him!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You're right Ninja! Maybe Di Canio was right to publicly castigate him after all!?!!

2372.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Paulo Di Canio the player would've lasted about 1 minute under Paulo Di Canio the manager. He would've hated trying to manage himself.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Call in Woody Guthrie - his guitar killed fascists.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I knew something like that was coming-saw on BBC that Foderingham had been subbed after 21 when Swindon were 2-0 down. Paulo and Gus are my two favourite managers. Awesome press conferences. Say it how they see it and don't give a toss.

Gus, di canio, mancini, mourinho are all prone to hysterical latinesque outbursts. Long may it continue, it gives us all something to talk about.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My god, how lucky are we to have gus!

Di Canio's antics makes passionate Gus seem like zzzzzzzzzzz Adkins.

I like Di Canio (so long as he never crosses the Albion), but the amount of incidents means it cannot last.

Would love to see him manage a team of:
Balotelli, Barton, Gattuso, Rooney, Diouf, Tevez, Pepe, Carvahlo, Ronaldo, Chris Morgan, Lehmann.
A team of cheats, and/or egos, and or/or thugs.
There would be fists flying, and sulks.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
He hasn't stopped there.

Swindon manager Paolo Di Canio says Aden Flint was to blame for their 1-0 Johnstone's Paint Trophy first round derby defeat by Oxford.

The 23-year-old had just come on as a substitute when his collision with team-mate Darren Ward led to Alfie Potter's 88th-minute winner.

"Flint came in tonight as if he was on holiday and this is not acceptable," Di Canio told BBC Wiltshire. "He has to take the responsibility. We lost because of him."

Blimey...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here