Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Di Canio

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was actually uncomfortable watching that latest interview. the guy has embarrassed himself there.

Not that he'll see it - his ego would never allow it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyway Swindon fans, I'm sure Gordon Greer is now GUTTED he joined us from your tiny tin pot club managed by a lunatic.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
"All the time it's going well, it's easy. Wait until things start going wrong and then we'll see what happens. It won't always go his way, and you can't call him a brilliant manager until he has faced adversity. This Caddis thing could just be the start".

"No, Caddis is the problem not Paolo. Nobody else has had a problem with him other than fat Clarke and lazy Kerrouche. The players love him, and he loves them. There's a strong bond in our dressing room which won't be broken by a defeat or two. You'll be waiting a long time for any sort of implosion".

??? :lolol: I waited a month. It was inevitable something would kick off eventually, the fact it only took 1 defeat, and they hadn't even lost yet! Keep diggong that hole though Paolo! Swinson fans won't mind seeing last seasons captain and highly regarded Scottish dwarf Caddis go, or "Super" Wes. So long as thry have you!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He is good for the newspapers and the people who like 'characters ' but not my sort of manager. Sometimes players need a kick up the arse but not to be ripped into in public when they are still young lads. Imagine him managing in the Premier League ? Now that would be funny.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I'm sure Di Canio did this last Season in League Two with Leon Clarke? He really should keep his mouth shut and had a private word with his Player, not publically slate the Bloke in the Press after the game. Foderingham basically was in Goal all season long for them, last season and didn't put a foot wrong. Maybe just maybe he isn't good enough for League One football. Reminds me John Sitton if you ask me.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Didn't didn't stop him and Cork laying into David Cameron after that Hull game, mind.

Whilst I understand the comparison, Cameron did absolutely nothing at all at Brighton. Foderingham kept clean sheets all over the place as Swindon surged up the table and won the league, you'd think he'd earnt himself a litle bit of credit in terms of excusing a poor performance or two.

Just seen it on SSN, the first goal was pretty poor from him but he's left footed and the ball is played back to his right foot. Doesn't excuse him, but seems a massive over-exaggeration. Foderingham's reaction is hilarious though, and the Preston fans will have enjoyed that! :lolol:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
He should fxxk off back to Lazio and blow his brain out like his hero Hitler did!!

No way should any manager of any walk of life talk about a employee like that in public.
What a knob head statement yes he is a facisit but look where he is from and where the salute come from before making moronic statements like hitler is his hero

Foderingham has never conceded more than 1 goal in a home game for Swindon, he is a VERY good young goalkeeper. Stoke are a Premier League team so conceding three to them doesn't look *that* bad on the face of it. Caddis was forced out because he openly questioned Paolo's preparation preferences, this is nothing like that I don't think. Foderingham was dropped for a couple of games last season after a few of the players went out on the lash (while Paolo was at home in Italy mourning the death of his father). This sort of knowledge has stopped now, but that happened recently enough for me to have been adequately briefed. I won't be following the fallout of this affair, apart from on here.

Wasn't Caddis forced out because he dared take parental leave?
Di |Canio came out with some medieval he-man tripe you would expect from an uneducated facist idiot. It will end in tears! Can you imagine pros at the top of the Prem putting up with such nonsense, never mind their agents. An Italian Steve Evans bully boy.
Should be an entertaining fireball though- cpild make the Championship before the bubble pops!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Just watched it myself it's Hard to understand a lot of what he his saying I think he's losing the plot a bit though , think he was telling Swindon fans to go & watch Oxford if there not happy with him ( brilliant to watch as an outsider but would be embarrassed if I were a Swindon fan )
He's like that in every interview (seriously).

His interview re: the Paul Caddis saga from a few weeks back is even more bonkers: BBC Sport - Paolo Di Canio questions Paul Caddis

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just because it's a Swindon thread:

[yt]_UQtHi5beGg[/yt]

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Wasn't Caddis forced out because he dared take parental leave?
Di |Canio came out with some medieval he-man tripe you would expect from an uneducated facist idiot. It will end in tears! Can you imagine pros at the top of the Prem putting up with such nonsense, never mind their agents. An Italian Steve Evans bully boy.
Should be an entertaining fireball though- cpild make the Championship before the bubble pops!

There was more to it than that I think, or so I've been told. I know that Caddis was questioning the match preparation as well, and the training sessions they were doing. He wasn't happy about having to stay and eat with the team after training sessions, he wanted to get home with the baby. I have to be honest, I kind of agreed with Paolo on that one because his point was that a builder doesn't get the afternoon off because he has a son. A shop worker, a bar worker, anyone else doesn't get to work in the morning and then say I've got a baby, I'm going home. He is from a working class background, Paolo, and he's determined his players aren't going to be primadonnas and to a certain extent I think he's got a point. The stuff with Foderingham is totally different and out of order, but I have a bit of respect for his stance about Caddis. Stripping of the captaincy, his squad number and then his place in the squad seemed a bit stern perhaps, but if you're Paolo Di Canio, in for a penny...

Just because it's a Swindon thread:

[yt]_UQtHi5beGg[/yt]

It's never going to get old, mr [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION]. Never. What a moment. When I'm sad and lonely at night, I watch that video and it cheers me up a tad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here