Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dennis Wise

scooter1

How soon is now?
I've just been handed a copy of todays Daily Mirror and this story is in there. I hope its not true. Slade needs to be given time to get this team playing together, but should it not work out there have to be better people available than Dennis Wise available to take us forward.
i've been trying to stay objective, but even so he's a horrible little shit and i'd like him stay as far away from this club as possible

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Personally I have always been an admirer of Denis Wise since his days as Chelsea Captain. However, I would not like to see him at our club if if was not something that Russell Slade wanted. He needs a decent Assistant - so who knows? :bowdown:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've just been handed a copy of todays Daily Mirror and this story is in there. I hope its not true. Slade needs to be given time to get this team playing together, but should it not work out there have to be better people available than Dennis Wise available to take us forward.
i've been trying to stay objective, but even so he's a horrible little shit and i'd like him stay as far away from this club as possible

Really? Some grubby little shit-stirrer has been busy then.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Brighton poised to offer Dennis Wise a return to management
Last modified 19:31 20/08/09 By Alan Nixon
Recommend
Brighton will make a controversial move to bring Dennis Wise back into football - if boss Russell Slade does not turn things around quickly.

The Seagulls had ambitious plans to get out of League One this season but a faltering start has turned into a crisis following a 7-1 thumping at Huddersfield.

Now Wise is on their radar for a surprise approach if Slade does not sort things out. The former Millwall boss and Newcastle United supremo would jump at a return to the game.

Brighton have invested in getting a decent squad together and need to get back on track fast, with the pressure coming on their management team.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
What the fcuk is going on!!

3 games in and Slades got to turn it around.............weve barely got used to the season starting and theres talk of replacing the man who kept us up last season.

Slade done a great job last season and I am fully 100% behind him, I dont understand why this is even being mentioned.

If at Xmas we are in the bottom 6....then we look at it. But for god sake......!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Christ.

How long before everyone f***ing hates us if that does happen?

Still, like I said earlier , if he gets us fighting for success and playing aggressively I'm not overly bothered . Looks like Bloom takes no prisoners if true, hardly as if Slade has had much chance to bed the new boys down.

I do wonder what someone like wise would do to a player like Glenn Murray and his "Boo hoo I want to go home mummy" antics?

Perhaps its a clever ruse for the squad..start playing like you mean it or nasty Dennis will come and getcha!

Brighton poised to offer Dennis Wise a return to management
Last modified 19:31 20/08/09 By Alan Nixon
Recommend
Brighton will make a controversial move to bring Dennis Wise back into football - if boss Russell Slade does not turn things around quickly.

The Seagulls had ambitious plans to get out of League One this season but a faltering start has turned into a crisis following a 7-1 thumping at Huddersfield.

Now Wise is on their radar for a surprise approach if Slade does not sort things out. The former Millwall boss and Newcastle United supremo would jump at a return to the game.

Brighton have invested in getting a decent squad together and need to get back on track fast, with the pressure coming on their management team.
Interesting that it's the Mirror (AGAIN) that is being fed this story. It always used to be the quality newspapers that broke news on behalf of the club.

At least someone realises that this will be "a controversial move". Too bloody right it will.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Lets wait and see eh? Bloom must have let this out to the press for a reason, perhaps to give Slade a kick up the arse, perhaps to give the players a jolt?

Whatever is going on it is a concern that We seem to have a chairman who is impatient for success and, in the past, that has led clubs into problems with high manger turnover and an unwillingness to build over time.

As far as I'm concerned Slade has earned a proper go at this job and I think that the reluctance to commit to him last season, even when we were scraping out of relegation trouble, says a lot about Blooms strategy for this year.

It looks like he was almost forced to offer Slade a season because of the miracle he performed but it also seems like even then he did'nt want him on a long term basis. I imagine that TB will have said to Russ that he had the first quarter of the term to show continuing improvement which so far he has not done. I'd say that, from what I've seen so far, we look considerably less robust now than we did then. The Brentford game was very poor...we looked like an amateur side. Luckily for us Brentford lacked a killer instinct and failed to bury some good chances when our wobbly defence let them through on goal. I did'nt see the Walsall game but it sounded to me like we were pretty pony for that one too.

The Hudds result was a real shocker and despite reports that we performed better than the result suggests, we could have conceded 10. It also looks like individual players are causing discontent in the dressing room and Slade has not sorted that trouble out to anyones satisfaction as far as I can see.

Somethings missing at the moment. We have some decent players but morale seems low and the team is struggling to gel.

Please Russ, give the lads a kick up the arse and show we can improve without resorting to psychopaths like Wise.

I get the feeling that whether or not this report is true-and I think it is because of the numerous sources I have heard it from- that Slade is 2 thirds out the door and unless we get a result in the next two games he will be history.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I really hope Russell Slade is being given a reasonable chance to bring-in his own coaching staff and players. It is far too early to talk about sacking Russell Slade. What would have happened if Mike Bamber had sacked Brian Clough and Peter Taylor after we gut royally stuffed 8-2 at home by Bristol Rovers?

I do not agree with all this "time to gel" nonsence, but to be fair, how many more players is Russell Slade trying to get still? And for which positions? The guy obviously knows he has not got the squad he needs - give him money to spend on players Mr Bloom - don't waste it on his redundancy package!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
NO,NO AND THRICE TIMES NO

I certainly will consider no longer supporting my home town club if he comes anywhere near the Albion and to consider getting rid of RS is inconceivable I mean the poor blokes only been at the Albion a short time ..........give him some more money and TIME....ffs

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
NO,NO AND THRICE TIMES NO

I certainly will consider no longer supporting my home town club if he comes anywhere near the Albion

Thats going a bit far though isn't it.
Players and managers come and go, but the club endures. Its the CLUB we support surely.

That said, Wise can go f*** himself.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
If at Xmas we are in the bottom 6....then we look at it. But for god sake......!

Xmas will be too late and we said that last year...If we lose the game at home against Stockport - the favourites to be relegated, then how many more defeats would you be willing to give a manager.

We faltered last year because Knight dithered and Bloom will not make the same mistake this year. He's invested alot of money to get us into the play offs, not to be involved in a relegation dogfight again!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Xmas will be too late and we said that last year...If we lose the game at home against Stockport - the favourites to be relegated, then how many more defeats would you be willing to give a manager.

We faltered last year because Knight dithered and Bloom will not make the same mistake this year. He's invested alot of money to get us into the play offs, not to be involved in a relegation dogfight again!
I wanted Adams out pretty much from September/October, but at this risk of invoking all those people with their heads in the sand last year... we've played THREE games in the league. THREE. Besides which Slade has earned himself a chance, if we are struggling in November than maybe we should think about changing things. Maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here