Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dennis Wise

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
FACTS.....Dennis Wise got Millwall to a F.A Cup Final and into the UEFA Cup, as a Championship side.Got Leeds to the play-offs, after overcoming a 15 point deduction at start of season.Won seven trophies with Chelsea and been capped by his country 21 times.Forgetting his has had his mistermeaners, off the pitch and been a bit of an arsehole to be kind about it.Whats not to like, from a football point of view, why woulndt Tony Bloom be interested, after all Tony Bloom wants a succesfull football club.He wants results and sucsess, if the right man can provide that, then i couldnt give a shit what he has done....Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, and people who live in glass house etc etc....

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
facts.....dennis wise got millwall to a f.a cup final and into the uefa cup, as a championship side.got leeds to the play-offs, after overcoming a 15 point deduction at start of season.won seven trophies with chelsea and been capped by his country 21 times.forgetting his has had his mistermeaners, off the pitch and been a bit of an arsehole to be kind about it.whats not to like, from a football point of view, why woulndt tony bloom be interested, after all tony bloom wants a succesfull football club.he wants results and sucsess, if the right man can provide that, then i couldnt give a shit what he has done....let he who is without sin cast the first stone, and people who live in glass house etc etc....

exactly

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Thankyou Ernest,,,,Cant really argue with that can you..Except if you want to say"i dont like Dennis Wise because he has been pissed now and then and acted a bit of a tosser"........well if thats the case there would be a lot of us without jobs,myself included, just being honest...Still think Slade deserves a dozen games, but after that.....well...its a results bussiness isnt it!!!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Thankyou Ernest,,,,Cant really argue with that can you..Except if you want to say"i dont like Dennis Wise because he has been pissed now and then and acted a bit of a tosser"........well if thats the case there would be a lot of us without jobs,myself included, just being honest...Still think Slade deserves a dozen games, but after that.....well...its a results bussiness isnt it!!!

Totally agree and if Wise does become manager then he will be a success with Blooms backing, I don't give a f*** what a FEW internet GEEKS think and NEITHER will Bloom.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
FACTS.....Dennis Wise got Millwall to a F.A Cup Final and into the UEFA Cup, as a Championship side.Got Leeds to the play-offs, after overcoming a 15 point deduction at start of season.Won seven trophies with Chelsea and been capped by his country 21 times.Forgetting his has had his mistermeaners, off the pitch and been a bit of an arsehole to be kind about it.Whats not to like, from a football point of view, why woulndt Tony Bloom be interested, after all Tony Bloom wants a succesfull football club.He wants results and sucsess, if the right man can provide that, then i couldnt give a shit what he has done....Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, and people who live in glass house etc etc....

Totally agree with you Kev.

I love Slade but as I've said before. This is football and sometimes hard decisions have to be made. Sometimes those decisions are wrong and sometimes they're right. However, Tony Bloom is a gambler and is also a cutthroat businessman who wants the best. If big Russ is not delivering the results then it will be a case of history repeating itself...Anyone remember what happened to Steve Gritt the season after he kept us up? Also under a new chairman at the time?

The fact of the matter is that last season Knight left it too late to sack Adams and we ended up in a relegation dogfight. I don't often make predictions however, I wouldn't be surprised to see Slade gone this time next week if we lose or draw on Saturday.

By the way - I also don't like Denis Wise but some people's reactions to him getting appointed is ridiculous...saying things like "I'd tear up my season ticket" or "I'd protest" is ridiculous. If he got us promoted you'd look like a bunch of idiots!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

well you can argue with it on a number of fronts:

1) he and millwall parted company for much the same reason as we did with melia in 1983 - could motivate a team for big games but not for the 'bread and butter'

2) he had good coaches at millwall (ray wilkins) and leeds/swindon (poyet)

3) he left Leeds and Swindon when bigger clubs came calling

4) didn't keep leeds up when he first arrived

5) Bobby Robson who knew more about football than any of us have forgotten, blamed Wise fairly and squarely for the Newcastle problems. he said his 'style' and aggressive attitude did not engender team spirit - which I'm sure you'll agree we need by the bucket load at the moment

6) I think it's a bad move to employ someone who you play poker with. I trust Bloom not to make this mistake

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
well you can argue with it on a number of fronts:

1) he and millwall parted company for much the same reason as we did with melia in 1983 - could motivate a team for big games but not for the 'bread and butter'

2) he had good coaches at millwall (ray wilkins) and leeds/swindon (poyet)

3) he left Leeds and Swindon when bigger clubs came calling

4) didn't keep leeds up when he first arrived

5) Bobby Robson who knew more about football than any of us have forgotten, blamed Wise fairly and squarely for the Newcastle problems. he said his 'style' and aggressive attitude did not engender team spirit - which I'm sure you'll agree we need by the bucket load at the moment

6) I think it's a bad move to employ someone who you play poker with. I trust Bloom not to make this mistake

Now someone's talking he RUINED Newcastle and would do the same here.:US:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I think as highlighted by others Gus Poyet was behind much of this success. Leeds fell apart when Poyet left.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
IF he was to become manager he'd jump ship to a bigger club at the first port of call. Dennis Wise = no thanks.

I quite agree, but surely the same could be said for any manager

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
A horrible little smug bas*ard.........It would be nothing short of a disgrace if the dwarf got in at the albion.

This rumour is nonsence.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
A horrible little smug bas*ard.........It would be nothing short of a disgrace if the dwarf got in at the albion.

This rumour is nonsence.

nonsence because you don't want it to happen?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
nonsence because you don't want it to happen?

1. Nonsence because Slades going no-where & is going to have us racing up the the table.

2. Nonsence because Imho we wouldnt want him!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Now someone's talking he RUINED Newcastle and would do the same here.:US:

I though what I wrote was perfectly clear:

'.....his style and aggressive attitude did not engender team spirit - which I'm sure you'll agree we need by the bucket load at the moment'

whether it was at newcastle or leamington spa under 8's is irrelevant.

As for Ray Wilkins, he seems to be quite happy at Chelsea at the moment and is well respected by a number of very successful managers there

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
1. Nonsence because Slades going no-where & is going to have us racing up the the table.

2. Nonsence because Imho we wouldnt want him!

When you say WE, i assume you mean yourself, IF slade was to be sacked, i for one would not be unhappy with Dennis "the menace" Wise...Would raise profile of club as well.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
While we are on the subject, anyone who puts Newcastles demise down to just Dennis Wise, is a total idiot and easily lead by a few inches of print in newspapers.Seem to remember they were heading that way when Gullit was in charge, untill Sir Bobby rolled in.Or was that down to Wisey as well?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think as highlighted by others Gus Poyet was behind much of this success. Leeds fell apart when Poyet left.

Poyet left in Oct 2007......After a 15 point deduction they made play offs in May 2008..........i dont call that falling apart, i call that quite an achivement.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
When you say WE, i assume you mean yourself, IF slade was to be sacked, i for one would not be unhappy with Dennis "the menace" Wise...Would raise profile of club as well.

WE as a club and I would have thought majority of fans wouldnt want him either.

A jump ship merchant who would bring in some fancy coach and be gone before you know it, we need stability and not a trouble maker like Wise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here