Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dennis Wise

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
When you say WE, i assume you mean yourself, IF slade was to be sacked, i for one would not be unhappy with Dennis "the menace" Wise...Would raise profile of club as well.

I, on the other hand, would be appalled enough to re-consider renewing my season ticket if Dennis Wise was made manager. And I feel I can stick my neck out far enough to say I'm not alone in that sentiment.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
While we are on the subject, anyone who puts Newcastles demise down to just Dennis Wise, is a total idiot and easily lead by a few inches of print in newspapers.Seem to remember they were heading that way when Gullit was in charge, untill Sir Bobby rolled in.Or was that down to Wisey as well?

So Sir Bobby Robson was a total idiot was he, as I seem to remember that was his opinion that Newcastle fell apart due to his trouble making and stirring.

I think your love affair for the dwarf is going too far mate.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
shall we assume that as Slade has just siged Elliott Bennett that Bloom is not about to sack him? Lets put this rumour to rest.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
While we are on the subject, anyone who puts Newcastles demise down to just Dennis Wise, is a total idiot and easily lead by a few inches of print in newspapers.Seem to remember they were heading that way when Gullit was in charge, untill Sir Bobby rolled in.Or was that down to Wisey as well?

and while we're on the subject, anyone who cant read what has been writen but will infer any angle to justify their point of view really wont get far in a meaningful debate

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
Would just like to add that I will happily redistribute any unwanted season tickets.... No really, dont thank me... it would be a pleasure :lolol:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So Sir Bobby Robson was a total idiot was he, as I seem to remember that was his opinion that Newcastle fell apart due to his trouble making and stirring.

I think your love affair for the dwarf is going too far mate.

Read the posts, im just stateing facts not personal opinons.Ive said Slade should be given a chance and i hope he takes us forward.But the fact remains IF this form carrys on he will be out, sooner rather than later i fear.Then we would need a manager and we could do far worse than wise...If he came in and took us forward the fans would love it, because thats the nature of fans across the land.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
well you can argue with it on a number of fronts:

1) he and millwall parted company for much the same reason as we did with melia in 1983 - could motivate a team for big games but not for the 'bread and butter'

hmm also he told members of the squad to get new clubs as the club was tightening its belt, destroying the FA cup team and club morale in the process, and caused absolute mayhem in the dressing room in his personality battle with a self made millionaire chairman, something that may interest you all.

2) he had good coaches at millwall (ray wilkins) and leeds/swindon (poyet)

also because inherited a side mainly put together by mcgee, again may be of some interest.

funny what football fans want sometimes eh. and what we never seem to learn.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
IF Slade does go (and if we are going to sack a manager again this season it needs to be before christmas, we left it far to late last time) i would be delighted to have Wise as manager

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
IF Slade does go (and if we are going to sack a manager again this season it needs to be before christmas, we left it far to late last time) i would be delighted to have Wise as manager

Yes but arnt you the same guy that was moaning about our new signing already and telling the club to forget success unless we get our cheque book out!!!

It doesnt surpirse we one bit...you'd be happy with Wise.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have just discovered this afternoon that I work with Denis Wise's sister-in-law. Thankfully I wasn't OTT badmouthing him when she overheard me discussing these rumours about Wise getting the job, being as I consider him to be a vile, boss-eyed little gremlin.

"Denis Wise ? Oh he's married to my sister" she said. And this seemed to be borne out by the fact that they do indeed have family in Eastbourne. I have therefore asked her to PUMP her sister / brother-in-law about these rumours. She said she'll "Facebook" it tonight...

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I woudl hope Bloom will keep with Slade fior a few more games yet and I am opitmistic things will settle down.

However, Wise as manager. God knows. He's had some very bad press but I get the feeling that when he was with the clubs he managerd that club's fans loved him. Seems he may be one of those manager's who you hate when he is NOT your manager.

is he any good... whatever you say his overall record isn't bad. Would I want him at the Albion.... hmm debatable but I wouldn't throw away a season ticket for it. Club first... ALWAYS.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
“Club first... ALWAYS” – normally I would agree, but we are talking about the poison dwarf here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here