Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dennis Wise

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
want Slade to stay but even though Wise is a c u n t ,if he does come to the club we have to get behind him

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Thats going a bit far though isn't it.
Players and managers come and go, but the club endures. Its the CLUB we support surely.

That said, Wise can go f*** himself.

maybe so but I'm afraid my support will be tempered slightly and probably a lot more over critical

Dosser

Feb 22, 2009
We faltered last year because Knight dithered and Bloom will not make the same mistake this year. He's invested alot of money to get us into the play offs, not to be involved in a relegation dogfight again!

Fair enough - but is he prepared to spend even more money to back a new manager, or will he give the existing manager and staff the opportunity to rebuild the club?

If there was some substance to this story would there not be some quotes in the article? If Slade was as close to the exit as is being suggested I find it strange that he has just been allowed to sign a new player.

Personally, I find it extraordinary to be discussing new managers having only played 3 league games.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Just to remind everyone, the Mirror could be just trying to resuscitate this story from last season..It caused a similar amount of distress on here then.

Alterrnatively, Bloom originally planned to lose Slade when we were relegated and then bring in Wise but was forced by fan pressure to keep Slade when he kept us up and now, with the Seagulls struggling, he has the opportunity to bring in the man he wanted in the first place before Slade pissed on his parade.

Brighton swoop for Dennis Wise - Exclusive By Michael Morgan 12/04/2009

Dennis Wise is set for a shock return to management with lowly Brighton.

The former Chelsea firebrand is in line to take over at the Withdean at the end of the season, when the Seagulls will almost certainly have dropped into League Two.

Russell Slade is in charge at Albion until the end of the season after taking over from the sacked Micky Adams. But he will be off once their fate is sealed.

That will pave the way for Wise to come in - with a brief to turn around the South Coast club's fortunes.

A source revealed: "Dennis is dead keen to get back into management and he sees this as a great opportunity.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I want Salde to stay no question, but any team that has Wise must have Poyet, it just wont work otherwise!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton poised to offer Dennis Wise a return to management
Last modified 19:31 20/08/09 By Alan Nixon

The Seagulls had ambitious plans to get out of League One this season ...

did we? i mean has anyone, chairman, manager, player, actually said that? even many of the fans think its a building season rather than push for promotion. So, really, this is just a journo's opinion based on a few chats and probably indicates just how likly the Wise gambit is.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I wanted Adams out pretty much from September/October, but at this risk of invoking all those people with their heads in the sand last year... we've played THREE games in the league. THREE. Besides which Slade has earned himself a chance, if we are struggling in November than maybe we should think about changing things. Maybe.

Absolutely spot on! :thumbsup:

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
I really really thank Slade for what he did last season - will never forget that. But...we have to move forward. And don't want to be losing more hair on the last day of next season or playing Port Vale next season.

I hope Slade can succeed. Seems a great guy and on last seasons efforts I thought him to be a good manager. But you're only as good as your last few games in footy. And we've scored 2 goals all season. One in the wrong net.

Give him a chance...but by no means as long as Adams had.

But not Wise. Please no. The man is a shortarse boss-eyed cuntholehead.

Coppell upto much these days?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Slade and his new team will take time get it right.......maybe not until christmas.We could be embedded in the relegation zone again.If as i beleive Slade will get it right ! But will you ?...... Will Bloom ?......what is the resolve of NSC ?.....Lets hope we win tomorrow,it puts it off a while !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
RS was DK's 3rd choice candidate for the managers job and he came in as a caretaker to save us from relegation. After the last game of the season the decision was to give RS a new deal. Since then TB has taken over the helm and DK has gone upstairs , TB was a dissenting voice on the board over the appointment of RS and had to go along with the majority. RS has 6 more games to prove himself before the axe falls and Denis Wise who was TB's preferred man for the job takes over.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
this board gets more ridiculous by the DAY. :lolol:

THREE GAMES.

1 freak result(yes it was shit, but it was just a collapse)
1 unlucky home game(anything can happen first game)
1 GOOD result away(where many teams will lose this year)

MADNESS

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
RS was DK's 3rd choice candidate for the managers job and he came in as a caretaker to save us from relegation. After the last game of the season the decision was to give RS a new deal. Since then TB has taken over the helm and DK has gone upstairs , TB was a dissenting voice on the board over the appointment of RS and had to go along with the majority. RS has 6 more games to prove himself before the axe falls and Denis Wise who was TB's preferred man for the job takes over.

Gosh its like reading the Argus.
How do you KNOW these THINGS ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here