West west west Sussex

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That’s a spectacularly shit article. Not only is it pure speculative bollocks but the photo in it isn’t even Undav - it’s his USG team mate, Loic Lapoussin.

TBH I quite admire that that level of shite.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
That’s a spectacularly shit article. Not only is it pure speculative bollocks but the photo in it isn’t even Undav - it’s his USG team mate, Loic Lapoussin.

I guess they chickened out of using the right photo.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It seems like teams are already making signings for next season, but the only player I have heard us linked with was the kid from Paraguay whos agent apparently already been in Brighton. It then occurred to me that coming into our first team squad next season we already have Belgium top scorer and player of the season and Blackburn player of the season. I don't think thats a bad start.

I like to think of it slightly differently when people (not you) complain about us not being active in the transfer market, and by that I mean the "SING A STIKER" bunch and the "Come on Uncle Tony, spend £60m on someone" groups...

When we sign these players, they're kids.

Mac Allister (20) signed for £8m~
Caicedo (18) signed for £5m~
Lamptey (19) signed for £1m~
Sanchez (15) signed for £0

After just one (or in some cases two) seasons, the value of these players has MASSIVELY gone up. The fact is, for these players we have actually signed £25m-£40m players, we've just not paid that for them

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Oh good. Another footballer from abroad whose English is so good that I feel ashamed of my lack of foreign language.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
For the first time in donkeys years, we (currently!) start a season with genuinely red hot competition for places in the striking (I don't mean forward positions).

We've got 3 genuine options, Welbeck, Undav and Maupay for 2, or more likely 1 place. Chuck in some handy back up options, Trossard can play striker if needed, Ferguson or Tolaj may be kept in the squad.

So if we need to manage Welbeck minutes or it's not coming off for Neal, we don't have to change formation or we're not forced to throw on a youngster.

My take, is that Welbeck is first choice striker, and Undav is auditioning for Maupay's role of being subbed on or starting in the games where Danny is injured or where we want to play two strikers. I expect fireworks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here