NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So why is he still there and not here?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
For £6m Undav is clearly worth a go. If he scores even similar to Maupay numbers then he'll be worth every. Yes the Belgium league isnt as good as the Prem but he's scoring good goals. Doesnt matter who the defenders are if you're scoring volleys like his one on friday or that 30 yard one the week before. I think the key for getting the best out of Maupay and Undav next season is for us to also sign a better Welbeck type striker (still think Origi would be worth a go), and a Gross or March upgrade who can swing decent crosses into the box.

£12m for Undav is worth a go (£3m less than the rumoured asking price of Brereton-Diaz).
What an absolute bargain he could be.

But we do need another striker in the mould you suggest. Record Canadian goal scorer Larin is a free agent in the summer, huge lad, dominant in the air and plays left wing a lot. I’d also like Blackburn striker above but not so keen on the rumoured PX deal.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sadly a lot of pressure is now being heaped on the poor lad becoming our saviour. After a run of 5 plus games with fluffed chances and no goals he will be derided

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What’s big money and what club in the PL should we be emulating with their big money strikers ?

Why can clubs like Palace and Southampton attract decent strikers and pay 15/20 million or less and we struggle at the bottom of the pool with the leftovers
I know the clubs wants to nurture players through the ranks but after 5yrs no striker has come through that has made a lasting impact. With all the money spent in small amounts on gambles we could've have signed a decent one by now

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why can clubs like Palace and Southampton attract decent strikers and pay 15/20 million or less and we struggle at the bottom of the pool with the leftovers
I know the clubs wants to nurture players through the ranks but after 5yrs no striker has come through that has made a lasting impact. With all the money spent in small amounts on gambles we could've have signed a decent one by now

Which decent striker does Southampton have ? Broja on loan from Chelsea, Adams never scored more than Maupay. Edouard at Palace is a success ??

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
£12m for Undav is worth a go (£3m less than the rumoured asking price of Brereton-Diaz).
What an absolute bargain he could be.

But we do need another striker in the mould you suggest. Record Canadian goal scorer Larin is a free agent in the summer, huge lad, dominant in the air and plays left wing a lot. I’d also like Blackburn striker above but not so keen on the rumoured PX deal.

Don't forget as well as Undav we have our £8m signing Sima, plus Sarmiento for options up front next season.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So why is he still there and not here?

Bloom doesn't want to derail USG's Champions' League aspirations? It will be a bit galling for Undav next season though, having got his team into the CL, he won't be playing in Europe at all.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Bloom doesn't want to derail USG's Champions' League aspirations? It will be a bit galling for Undav next season though, having got his team into the CL, he won't be playing in Europe at all.

They won't be in Europe for long, probably get knocked out in some pre-qualifying round by Celtic.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Same thing happened to Trossard.

I suspect the salary rise makes up for it.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

I’d imagine playing in the PL is more attractive than a couple of CL games against some of the weaker teams, or if they win the Belgian league just 6 league games.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Which decent striker does Southampton have ? Broja on loan from Chelsea, Adams never scored more than Maupay. Edouard at Palace is a success ??

Palace are paying £70K a week on top of a £15m fee for Edouard for 6 goals, so I’d say not! I can’t think of any striker they’ve bought in since Glenn Murray who's been a big success. Zaha always seems to be their main man.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’d imagine playing in the PL is more attractive than a couple of CL games against some of the weaker teams, or if they win the Belgian league just 6 league games.

I agree. I think we underestimate the lure of the Premier League. Money that PL clubs can pay is clearly a factor, but you’re also guaranteed to play six of the biggest clubs in the world twice in a season as well as full houses every week. It certainly wasn’t an issue for Trossard to join us.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looking forward to see him next season.

The PL is definitely a different beast so it is really difficult to know how it will turn out but hopefully he'll continue to surprise everyone. From German 3rd division to the PL in just over 2 years is quite impressive.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
£20-£25M plus and Aston Villa or Wolves would be nice :amex:. Or anyone who can put the ball in the net come to that. Perhaps a couple of highly mobile, pacey, attacking midfielders would help?

I too look at Wolves and wish we’d spent £30m on Fabio Silva (4 goals in 40+ games) or gone down the Villa route and spent £25,000,000 on a 29 year old injury prone Ings who has 5 goals this season.

I suppose it’s easy to demand tens of millions being spent on a gamble when it’s not your money :rolleyes:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I too look at Wolves and wish we’d spent £30m on Fabio Silva (4 goals in 40+ games) or gone down the Villa route and spent £25,000,000 on a 29 year old injury prone Ings who has 5 goals this season.

I suppose it’s easy to demand tens of millions being spent on a gamble when it’s not your money :rolleyes:
I wouldn't have minded beating Burnley to a £12M Weghorst though - and they did well picking up Cornet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here