Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Watched his highlights. He’s not going to get anywhere near the space he finds in that league. Looks like league 2 defending.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
So you believe maupay would get 34 goal / assists in 30 games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. As would all the other £20m+ Premier League strikers stuck in single figures.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Watched his highlights. He’s not going to get anywhere near the space he finds in that league. Looks like league 2 defending.

Clearly not, but the Belgium top tier is probably still Championship standard. If there was a player with those stats playing for a Championship team and we made a bid in the summer (probably need to be £25m+) we’d be very excited about it.

For comparison, Trossard’s domestic record the season before he signed for us was 14 goals and 7 assists in 34 games.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Clearly not, but the Belgium top tier is probably still Championship standard. If there was a player with those stats playing for a Championship team and we made a bid in the summer (probably need to be £25m+) we’d be very excited about it.

For comparison, Trossard’s domestic record the season before he signed for us was 14 goals and 7 assists in 34 games.

Great post.

Space or not, the technical ability on Friday nights volley was outstanding.

He may or may not struggle, but in terms of work rate and getting in the box, he’ll be streets ahead of Welbeck….

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Even Biss was 3 in 47 in Ligue1

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I think we all have to accept, after many years of hoping, that we are never going to spend big money on a striker. I'll eat my hat if Undav is anything more than a damp squib when he eventually gets here but what does anyone really expect given how little he cost? Other than Norwich, we must have the worst strike force in the Premier League and I don't see this changing anytime soon.

I think we all have to accept, after many years of hoping, that we are never going to spend big money on a striker. I'll eat my hat if Undav is anything more than a damp squib when he eventually gets here but what does anyone really expect given how little he cost? Other than Norwich, we must have the worst strike force in the Premier League and I don't see this changing anytime soon.

What sort of hat do you have ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

What’s big money and what club in the PL should we be emulating with their big money strikers ?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What’s big money and what club in the PL should we be emulating with their big money strikers ?

£20-£25M plus and Aston Villa or Wolves would be nice :amex:. Or anyone who can put the ball in the net come to that. Perhaps a couple of highly mobile, pacey, attacking midfielders would help?

Last edited:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
For £6m Undav is clearly worth a go. If he scores even similar to Maupay numbers then he'll be worth every. Yes the Belgium league isnt as good as the Prem but he's scoring good goals. Doesnt matter who the defenders are if you're scoring volleys like his one on friday or that 30 yard one the week before. I think the key for getting the best out of Maupay and Undav next season is for us to also sign a better Welbeck type striker (still think Origi would be worth a go), and a Gross or March upgrade who can swing decent crosses into the box.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Great post.

Space or not, the technical ability on Friday nights volley was outstanding.

He may or may not struggle, but in terms of work rate and getting in the box, he’ll be streets ahead of Welbeck….

First time shooting will be the first thing he's coached not to do when he gets here

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
Scored a hat-rick on Friday. Which makes it 6 goals in 5 games since he signed for us.
I know it’s a farmers League but it’s still an impressive strike rate.
I think he will get at least 10 goals next season. And he will get us to stay in the top ten personally next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here