Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I wouldn't have minded beating Burnley to a £12M Weghorst though - and they did well picking up Cornet.

I’m not sure a player with 1 goal in 9 games currently is the answer to our goal scoring problem, but the meltdown on here when Weghorst gets covid after refusing to be jabbed would have been brilliant though :D

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’m not sure a player with 1 goal in 9 games currently is the answer to our goal scoring problem, but the meltdown on here when Weghorst gets covid after refusing to be jabbed would have been brilliant though :D

IMO I had some doubts arond Weghorst, I just dont think he is technically very good but he has surprised me so far and is a big reason for Burnleys upswing despite his lack of goals, he creates quite a lot of space for other players.

Not sure Undav will bring exactly that but perhaps we will see more than one striker arriving this summer.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's with Burnley, not with us - a very different case. He's looked very useful at Burnley - same way Wood has been good at Newcastle, albeit without a great goal return. Weghorst would have been an assett for us, and would obviously have had more chances plaaying for us.
As an anti-vaxer, he is of course a prat, but with Covid strains getting less serious that is not the problem it was 18 months ago. Anyway, 'Double or treble your wages if you get vaxed' would probably be a pretty convincing argument for all but the most stupid adherents of false news and conspiracy theories.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That's with Burnley, not with us - a very different case. He's looked very useful at Burnley - same way Wood has been good at Newcastle, albeit without a great goal return. Weghorst would have been an assett for us, and would obviously have had more chances plaaying for us.
As an anti-vaxer, he is of course a prat, but with Covid strains getting less serious that is not the problem it was 18 months ago. Anyway, 'Double or treble your wages if you get vaxed' would probably be a pretty convincing argument for all but the most stupid adherents of false news and conspiracy theories.

It still breaks the no-dickhead rule.

I'm not sure he's contributed any more to Burnley than Chris Wood did. Their upturn in form was limited to two games against us - bloody typical, especially with our two first-choice centre backs unavailable - and Spurs 3 days later.

My Robot Hands

Mar 15, 2022
Long time lurker here.

I saw Deniz being referred to as Chas which inspired me to rework Chas & Dave’s Rabbit for him. Possibly a tad optimistic, but we can dream, right?

He won’t stop scoring
He sticks the ball in the net
He’s got more goals than Ronaldo
With both his feet, his head and chest
Well he was just the kinda guy to get a goal or two
And now he’s here he’s making all our dreams come true
‘Cos we’ve got Deniz Undav in the white and blue
With his incessant scoring
We’re becoming the best

Head it, head it, head it…

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dunno if this is elsewhere.

But it's here now!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

127 dead yesterday - admittedly lower than most days

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Under no pressure, but love his 3 pens at the end: Right in the bottom corner, little panenka and rattled in the top corner. We'll drill that out of him come next year

He missed his last penalty.

Welcome home Den.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Long time lurker here.

I saw Deniz being referred to as Chas which inspired me to rework Chas & Dave’s Rabbit for him. Possibly a tad optimistic, but we can dream, right?

He won’t stop scoring
He sticks the ball in the net
He’s got more goals than Ronaldo
With both his feet, his head and chest
Well he was just the kinda guy to get a goal or two
And now he’s here he’s making all our dreams come true
‘Cos we’ve got Deniz Undav in the white and blue
With his incessant scoring
We’re becoming the best

Head it, head it, head it…
Quality posts above quantity. Would rather have it that way round. Welcome!

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
It seems like teams are already making signings for next season, but the only player I have heard us linked with was the kid from Paraguay whos agent apparently already been in Brighton. It then occurred to me that coming into our first team squad next season we already have Belgium top scorer and player of the season and Blackburn player of the season. I don't think thats a bad start.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It seems like teams are already making signings for next season, but the only player I have heard us linked with was the kid from Paraguay whos agent apparently already been in Brighton. It then occurred to me that coming into our first team squad next season we already have Belgium top scorer and player of the season and Blackburn player of the season. I don't think thats a bad start.

It's almost as if there's a plan in place.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I’ve heard City, Villa and Spurs are all in for Belgium’s POTS. Undav has a release clause and they’ve ALL met it.

(This is how the Transfer window works… isn’t it?)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’ve heard City, Villa and Spurs are all in for Belgium’s POTS. Undav has a release clause and they’ve ALL met it.

(This is how the Transfer window works… isn’t it?)

Is the first edition of Transfer Window Bollocks Weekly out already ?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here