Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

boik

Blimey. So nobody knows him but they know that he's angry, he's overweight, he won't fit in and that Potter doesn't rate him. That's an awful lot of speculation based up very little. Maybe it's taking him a while to get used to a different type of football. Maybe Graham is quite happy with the way that the team are playing and will give Deniz more game time. One things for sure, only idiots will be writing him off at this early stage.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I think it says a lot Undav doesn't even get, say, 10, when Welbs is clearly knackered by 60 each game.
If you think Welbeck look knackered after 60mins yesterday I would politely suggest you are talking out of your rear end. He was absolutely immense and went off after getting flattened. Leads the line brilliantly and if Undav is half as good, I will be pleasantly surprised.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you think Welbeck look knackered after 60mins yesterday I would politely suggest you are talking out of your rear end. He was absolutely immense and went off after getting flattened. Leads the line brilliantly and if Undav is half as good, I will be pleasantly surprised.

The Albion lost there way in the last 20 minutes, while inexplicably holding onto a single goal lead.
Initially tried to push Leeds back with Mitoma and Lamptey.
I'm just surprised they weren't joined by a new 'problem' in the middle.

Welbeck's start of the season has been fantastic, but as said he'd already had a knock, we go again on Tuesday, all the hallmarks were there to change the front line.

The Albion ended the game with 4 centre backs and no focal point.

Despite those wanting to shut down considered debate I think it's worth asking, the day after the match.

Sure the nonsense about weight, attitude and ability are stupid and cheapen opinions.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

You are completely wrong. Not just yesterday, but the last three games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The Albion lost there way in the last 20 minutes, while inexplicably holding onto a single goal lead.
Initially tried to push Leeds back with Mitoma and Lamptey.
I'm just surprised they weren't joined by a new 'problem' in the middle.

Welbeck's start of the season has been fantastic, but as said he'd already had a knock, we go again on Tuesday, all the hallmarks were there to change the front line.

The Albion ended the game with 4 centre backs and no focal point.

Despite those wanting to shut down considered debate I think it's worth asking, the day after the match.

Sure the nonsense about weight, attitude and ability are stupid and cheapen opinions.

This. Including the last sentence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought the reason he didn't come on at the end yesterday is that, from what we've seen, Mwepu is more mobile whereas Undav is primarily a penalty box predator. We just needed someone to chase down defenders and keep them occupied by that point, so an attacking midfielder was more going to be more effective than an isolated central striker.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Mwepu and Lamptey replaced March and Veltman on 70 minutes. I think Veltman came off because he was unwell as I’m sure I saw him taking some kind of tablets in the second half. I really don’t see Potter subbing him off whilst we lead in a tight game like that unless it’s injury/illness. Solly’s confidence was shot to bits after his misses and GP needed to respond to Leeds’ tactical changes. There was no way he was bringing another striker on at that point and there was no way he was taking Welbeck off at that point.

Leeds then had a good 10 minute spell and it looked like Potter’s subs hadn’t got him the shape he wanted. Meanwhile Pervis made two dodgy mistakes which indicated he was tired and needed to come off. This led to needing another slight change in defensive shape and made sense for Colwill and Mitouma to come on. Again, there was no way GP was gonna go two up front at that point nor take Welbeck off with too long in the game left.

When he did take Welbeck off for Van Hecke it was the 89th minute. A decent idea to add some further defensive reinforcement for injury time whilst Mwepu could act as the front line of defence. Seems a far more sensible substitution than going with Undav.

I’m sure he will get his chance eventually but he’s currently behind a very good (and fit) Danny Welbeck whilst Potter is getting succes out of playing a system which operates with one striker. If Welbeck needs a rest/gets injured or if Potter changes his attacking set-up, Undav will play. Until then, he’s going to have to be patient.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We’re four games into the season FFS. He’ll get his chance to shine. We have a squad and Potter will be using it as he sees fit.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Here's a thought , maybe Graham would like to work some more with him on the training ground explaining what he would want from him and how he would best fit in with our system of play etc before risking exposing him to the criticism of some of our fans because he has been on the pitch for at least 20 mins and hasn't looked like scoring !
Personally all i can judge him on is the Forest Green match where his well taken goal , clever flick on to the post and header which although missing the goal was at least directed where the keeper could not reach it meant that i thought he had something about him .

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Mwepu and Lamptey replaced March and Veltman on 70 minutes. I think Veltman came off because he was unwell as I’m sure I saw him taking some kind of tablets in the second half. I really don’t see Potter subbing him off whilst we lead in a tight game like that unless it’s injury/illness. Solly’s confidence was shot to bits after his misses and GP needed to respond to Leeds’ tactical changes. There was no way he was bringing another striker on at that point and there was no way he was taking Welbeck off at that point.

Leeds then had a good 10 minute spell and it looked like Potter’s subs hadn’t got him the shape he wanted. Meanwhile Pervis made two dodgy mistakes which indicated he was tired and needed to come off. This led to needing another slight change in defensive shape and made sense for Colwill and Mitouma to come on. Again, there was no way GP was gonna go two up front at that point nor take Welbeck off with too long in the game left.

When he did take Welbeck off for Van Hecke it was the 89th minute. A decent idea to add some further defensive reinforcement for injury time whilst Mwepu could act as the front line of defence. Seems a far more sensible substitution than going with Undav.

I’m sure he will get his chance eventually but he’s currently behind a very good (and fit) Danny Welbeck whilst Potter is getting succes out of playing a system which operates with one striker. If Welbeck needs a rest/gets injured or if Potter changes his attacking set-up, Undav will play. Until then, he’s going to have to be patient.

Well, I wish I had the memory and game understanding to post this :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looking like a curious signing..

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What’s he got to do to get game time??

Probably keep training with the team so that he gets used to playing with and against PL level players which is very far from anything he has done so far in his career. Then when he is ready, he'll get game time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably keep training with the team so that he gets used to playing with and against PL level players which is very far from anything he has done so far in his career. Then when he is ready, he'll get game time.

Needs to shed some weight as well. Too many Döners.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This is one that is concerning me. Potter doesn’t rate him enough yet. Should have started it Welbeck needed a break

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I was uncomfortable with the signing of Undav (or anyone from USG) - but he looks a long way off a Maupay replacement. Disappointing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here