Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Is it just me or is Undav not a bit.....grumpy?

Definitely not just you Harry , i thought he spent the whole game looking like someone who has found a shilling but lost a pound .
However perhaps that is his style and who will care if he can contribute some goals . Thought his clever flick at the near post , his well taken goal , and his header back across the goal showed he had something about him and i completely trust Graham in his ability to judge a player and bring out the best in them . Yet again time alone will tell .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another game passes by our Den.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think it says a lot Undav doesn't even get, say, 10, when Welbs is clearly knackered by 60 each game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
who would you drop to put him in?

we have a squad, Potter will use them whe he deems the time and opposition right. Once in the team he may well be undroppable, but he will need to wait for his moment.

The team stopped playing in the last 20 minutes.
Welbeck was hobbling in the first half.
Game on Tuesday.

It seemed rather odd for Denis not to come on.

I'll guess IF the club has lined up another striker after Maupay, and he was on the bench, we'd have seen him on the pitch.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Fair comment fisons. But we're not in League 1 anymore. The days of looking at someone and thinking "maybe he'll be ok when
he's fit (lost weight etc etc )" are gone. To my mind, he looked like a poor and even angrier, agitated version of Andone, someone
who I also thought would not fit in. I would be overjoyed to eat my words and have them thrown back at me in six months time, but
I'd be willing to bet he'll be a distant memory by then.
to the team.

That is not a bet I'm willing to have with you. I completely agree.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The team stopped playing in the last 20 minutes.
Welbeck was hobbling in the first half.
Game on Tuesday.

It seemed rather odd for Denis not to come on.

I'll guess IF the club has lined up another striker after Maupay, and he was on the bench, we'd have seen him on the pitch.

He’s been here for 5 minutes FFS

GP bought Van Hecke on because we needed to ditch the back 4 after Pervis went off. Welbeck went off because he was completely done, should have gone off 5-10 mins earlier IMO.
Had we been chasing the win/draw or been 2-0 up and not hanging on a bit then I’m fairly certain Undav would have come on, stop trying to find a problem where there isn’t one.

FWIW I think we need cover for Welbeck anyway. We are a far more effective team with Welbeck than without.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He’s been here for 5 minutes FFS

GP bought Van Hecke on because we needed to ditch the back 4 after Pervis went off. Welbeck went off because he was completely done, should have gone off 5-10 mins earlier IMO.
Had we been chasing the win/draw or been 2-0 up and not hanging on a bit then I’m fairly certain Undav would have come on, stop trying to find a problem where there isn’t one.

FWIW I think we need cover for Welbeck anyway. We are a far more effective team with Welbeck than without.

So you all but agree with me yet I'm the one looking for a problem - which I most certainly am not.

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We have two more games in the next week. If undav doesn't get on the pitch and we see mwepu or someone up top for the last 20 mins of those games, then I'll be more of the conclusion that the manager doesn't rate him.

Sent from my M2101K9G using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Player must be getting just a WEE bit frustrated already at his lack of EPL minutes. Hopefully he'll be UNLEASHED in the next couple of games to show what he can (or can't) do

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair comment fisons. But we're not in League 1 anymore. The days of looking at someone and thinking "maybe he'll be ok when
he's fit (lost weight etc etc )" are gone. To my mind, he looked like a poor and even angrier, agitated version of Andone, someone
who I also thought would not fit in. I would be overjoyed to eat my words and have them thrown back at me in six months time, but
I'd be willing to bet he'll be a distant memory by then.
I don't know anything about him, so I'm not disagreeing, but overweight, angry and won't fit in - why the hell did we buy him?

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Walked straight past the various autograph hunting fans post match without so much as a wave or smile.

Contrast with Enciso & Andone who came past at a similar time stopping for various signatures / photos etc

Anyhow, hope it comes good for Deniz - can appreciate why he would be frustrated so far

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't know anything about him, so I'm not disagreeing, but overweight, angry and won't fit in - why the hell did we buy him?

Yes, the preceding comments are basically bollocks, he is an excellent finisher and if he gets close to replicating his USG form we have a bargain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here