Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Uncle Spielberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Between me and Rumble we can do it, its good fun. I have contact details for all the players now, and the squad is assembling nicely

excellent....

can you find out who is doing the programme and what notes they require re players.

gareth/Alan/Ros

Who contacts paul at the Albion re getting the game in the programme?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I was asked by Gareth to arrange the REMF venue, plus all of the peripheries that go along with doing it. Absolutely no problem. I then find that work being undermined - hence my frustration.

Anyhoo, that list I put on page one is very easily do-able, especially as much of it is placed in the hands - with close liaison - of Lewes FC. Thanks to all those who offered to help. I will let you know in due course if assistance is needed.

I'll happily do the programmes. I really don't want to have to criticise the printers because they offered their services for free, but I want to clear up one issue about last year's programme. It was written, designed and printed in plenty of time for the match, but after the printers printed them, they neglected to send them to me. When time was running short, and no word from them, I asked about collecting them, they said they were on the van already, and never turned up in time. They were on my doorstep on Saturday morning - no good.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was asked by Gareth to arrange the REMF venue, plus all of the peripheries that go along with doing it. Absolutely no problem. I then find that work being undermined - hence my frustration.

Anyhoo, that list I put on page one is very easily do-able, especially as much of it is placed in the hands - with close liaison - of Lewes FC.

I'll happily do the programmes. I really don't want to have to criticise because they offered their services for free, but I want to clear up one issue about last year's programme. It was written, designed and printed in plenty of time for the match, but the printers printed them, then neglected to send them to me. When I asked about collecting them, they said they were on the van already, and never turned up in time.

They were on my doorstep on Saturday morning - no good.

thanks Alan.

i am sure no-one was trying to undermine the excellent work you do, I think it was more that people were no aware of what was happening.

If you are happy to liase with Lewes FC about that stuff then great, as i said its about sharing the load.

I think it would be beneficial to get a meeting together to co-ordinate stuff, hence the suggestion.

if you are happy to go with the printers you used before, then perhaps yopu could set them a deadline as the week before. I am sure we can get someone to collect them before say the Wednesday of the match).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
MODS can you move this to the REMF FORUM please

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
What A Spackfest. You Lot Just Leave Gavin Alone. He's A Financial Whizzkid And Talks More Sense On Here Than The Rest Of You Put Together.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
thanks Alan.

i am sure no-one was trying to undermine the excellent work you do, I think it was more that people were no aware of what was happening.

If you are happy to liase with Lewes FC about that stuff then great, as i said its about sharing the load.

I think it would be beneficial to get a meeting together to co-ordinate stuff, hence the suggestion.

if you are happy to go with the printers you used before, then perhaps yopu could set them a deadline as the week before. I am sure we can get someone to collect them before say the Wednesday of the match).
Quite - lesson learned on that one.

The reason for not making an announcement was that there is no announcement to make yet. I am waiting for one final confirmation, which I don't think I will get until tomorrow at the earliest, I will then pass the details on to Gareth and he can announce the game.

I find that when it comes to liaising, it's best to have one clear conduit for communication. I liaise with one person at Lewes FC, and Lewes FC liaise with one person at REMF. It's not about power and control, it's about simplicity and clarity. But I'm sure you already knew that.

As you can see, it's the world's worst-kept secret (oops!) as to where the game will be, though I can tell you that they are geniunely delighted to have us back, but full details will be issued throught the appropriate channel (Gareth) when the time is right.

Regarding your query on the PM, Dave, it's already something on my list of stuff to do.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As Piers says - blimey!

If there is anything I can do, bearing in mind where I am, you only have to ask - as you know.

:thumbsup:

Cheers mate. On the night there is always stuff to do. ( chasing the players out of the way so Gully's Girls can get changed is a good one.......you get to hit Richie Morris with a huge stick!!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:)

Thanks Al......check out the REMF Forum - we will try and keep stuff in there for now on

Ahem ...

I'm reluctant to intervene in this debate. But I feel I must, for the sake of getting the event well organised.

My past experience of sorting the venue out and making all the arrangements for the event to happen is that these things are BEST HANDLED BY ONE PERSON.

Meetings to share out jobs and delegate individual tasks to people who have "volunteered to help" are pretty pointless - mainly because the people who volunteer to help on the day haven't volunteered to give up three evenings to attend meetings.

The identity of the ONE PERSON needs to be widely known - let him make contact with his team of volunteers and involve them to the full. But let there be just one person in charge.

That way, it will work.

Furthermore ... debating options and ideas on NSC is even more pointless than holding meetings.

As I say, this contribution is intended to help. As Al has said, simplicity and clarity ...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
fair enough....i was just trying to draw some line over Alan and gareth threatening to fall out and get it back on track.

I consider myself duly chastised

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Look this thread has got like that this due to 4 sarcastic unfounded comments from a colleague and the constant insult of being called Glubber Gubber or whatever. There's no need for it. Slag me off for not liking Wilkins if you want but leave it out of REMF. I appreciate greatly the work Alan does and have acknowleged that numerous times. Dozens of people help to get this thing done and will do this year it not about individuals and I am sorry this thread has.

I will do what Dave has said in his post and leave the other jobs to the people Dave put up on the other thread and co ordinate it all along the way.

Apologies for this becoming a bin fest but things need to be said and it would never have esclated without the un necessary provocation. LEAVE IT OUT.

That the end of it. Speak soon. Good Day.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Move on Piers nothing more to see here, its made the day a bit less boring I suppose.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I just love these threads, individuals who put loads of effort into making REMF happen and then a binfest of the highest order...........

A sign of the times for NSC then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here