Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Mr Kazim-Richards

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Come on Aaron how can you compare a 2 bit player with the destruction of the football club mate. CK-R frankly doesn't deserve all the cybespace as he is an irrelvance.

Zamora he aint.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Tom Hark said:

Yep.. that's what I feel like too.

And US.. no player, fan, chairman or manager is bigger than the club. I just don't see how certain things can be deemed as irrelevant when the facts of what's happened are not known.
I'm not comparing the circumstance - just the principal.

I'll do you a favour. I wont say another word about the matter til it gets resolved...even if it never gets resolved.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Jam The Man said:
Yep.. that's what I feel like too.

And US.. no player, fan, chairman or manager is bigger than the club. I just don't see how certain things can be deemed as irrelevant when the facts of what's happened are not known.

I'll do you a favour. I wont say another word about the matter til it gets resolved...even if it never gets resolved.

Fair enough. I just think that, like CKR's dad and advisers you've got too close to the player and have lost any sense of objectivity on the matter. Take a step back and see it through our eyes.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dear Colin,

The little baby seagull in the banner - cute li'l fella ain't he? Like The Clash, I ask, should he stay or should he go now?

Hugz,

Bozza

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Aaron

Fans will always be grateful you won the money but he has been a dissapointment frankly. Was the money invested wisely ?, possibly not, his market value is probably no more than
£ 100 000 now. I just don't really rate him at all in the 20 or so games I have seen him in. Therefore all this fuss about him is over the top , I would far more concerned if any of these players left than CK-R

Carpenter
Henderson
Kuipers
Robinson
Revell
Frutos
Hammond
Lynch
El Abd

Shall I go on ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Uncle Spielberg said:
Aaron

Fans will always be grateful you won the money but he has been a dissapointment frankly. Was the money invested wisely ?, possibly not, his market value is probably no more than
£ 100 000 now.

Dear Uncle S. FYI we only paid £55k [plus £45k] for CKR. Yous say his value is now no more than £100k?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can I just add that I didn't know that Aaron bloke who won us CKR was an NSC user.

I feel a little bit silly now.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Who trousered the other £ 100 k ???

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Uncle Spielberg said:
Aaron

£ 100 000 now. I just don't really rate him at all in the 20 or so games I have seen him in. Therefore all this fuss about him is over the top , I would far more concerned if any of these players left than CK-R

Carpenter
Henderson
Kuipers
Robinson
Revell
Frutos
Hammond
Lynch
El Abd

Shall I go on ???

US, I promise you i'm not asking -nor have i ever asked- for gratitude. It doesn't matter who won it as long as it was us. In the greater scheme of things the win was soon forgotten within months and i'm fine with that.

I'm totally fine with anyone criticicising ANY player over their footballing ability and effort - it's a fan's right to do so. I'm just frustrated about other matters and the sooner all this is over the better.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Bozza said:
Can I just add that I didn't know that Aaron bloke who won us CKR was an NSC user.

I feel a little bit silly now.

NSC was down at the time for several months...
Contrary to opinion, I can cope with people not knowing.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Jam The Man said:
Thanks for your input Tom Grassy-Knoll. Much appreciated.

Can I deduce that you thought 'behind the scenes' matters were irrelevant when Belotti & Archer sold the Goldstone in 1995 too?

On reflection, I sincerely apologise for the above remark. The context of it was to highlight the principle of what is deemed 'irrelevant.' I am certain that THPP was as concerned and distraught and angry as every other Brighton fan over the sale of the Goldstone and I do not wish to disrespect his views or emotions about that matter.

It was a flippant comment stated in the heat of the moment because i'm so bloody frustrated at what - in my opinion - appears to be a lengthy disproportionate attack on Colin.

Uncle Spielberg said:
Who trousered the other £ 100 k ???

The Coke deal is fairly straightforward.

We didn't spend all the £250k on CKR but most of it, there was an amount left over, probably not huge, but some.

£55k up front to Bury, another £45k to them for conditional stuff like appearances

A figure less than £150k for CKR's wages for the entire 3 years.

So it's quite possible we've only spent about £100k to £130k of the Coke money thus far.

There is a sell-on of 17.5 per cent for Bury.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Jam The Man said:
On reflection, I sincerely apologise for the above remark. The context of it was to highlight the principle of what is deemed 'irrelevant.' I am certain that THPP was as concerned and distraught and angry as every other Brighton fan over the sale of the Goldstone and I do not wish to disrespect his views or emotions about that matter.

It was a flippant comment stated in the heat of the moment because i'm so bloody frustrated at what - in my opinion - appears to be a lengthy disproportionate attack on Colin.

No worries mate, no offence taken whatsoever. Thanks for the apology, tho there was no need to apologise. As I say, I just think you're a bit too close to the matter to be objective at the moment. I'd be absolutely delighted if CKR sorted his attitude out, learnt to head the ball and scored the 20 goals that won us promotion. And if he thinks he's got problems, didn't Gifton Noel-Williams have six kids by four missuses or something. Now THAT's what I'd call a headache! :lol:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Jam The Man said:

I'm afraid, for the short term at least you better get used to it. The 'facts' as most of the fans have seen it is that CKR wants a move away. His only performance of the season has seen him strut around like Thierry Henry but without the pace, movement , workrate or skill of the former. Most of last season was similar.

The only rumours I have seen is that Dick Knight et all, can't be arsed to phone CKR's representatives back (presumably because he's fed up with them in his ear all the time). Other than that nothing has come out to suggest that he is being royally shafted within the club.

Can you therefore understand why those who aren't party to the internal goings on are on the side of the club and not the player? Brighton fans generally understand we are a selling club and will always welcome back players who earn a move (Zamora, Virgo and Lynch when he undoubtably goes). CKR doesn't at present fall into that category who have served the club with distinction before going to pastures new.

Without any more evidence CKR is always going to be the Villian of this particular piece.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
London Irish said:
The Coke deal is fairly straightforward.

We didn't spend all the £250k on CKR but most of it, there was an amount left over, probably not huge, but some.

£55k up front to Bury, another £45k to them for conditional stuff like appearances

A figure less than £150k for CKR's wages for the entire 3 years.

So it's quite possible we've only spent about £100k to £130k of the Coke money thus far.

There is a sell-on of 17.5 per cent for Bury.

but am i right in thinking the money was only avaliable until the last day of last september, so now its gone and wasted?

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Hannibal smith said:
I'm afraid, for the short term at least you better get used to it. The 'facts' as most of the fans have seen it is that CKR wants a move away. His only performance of the season has seen him strut around like Thierry Henry but without the pace, movement , workrate or skill of the former. Most of last season was similar.

The only rumours I have seen is that Dick Knight et all, can't be arsed to phone CKR's representatives back (presumably because he's fed up with them in his ear all the time). Other than that nothing has come out to suggest that he is being royally shafted within the club.

Can you therefore understand why those who aren't party to the internal goings on are on the side of the club and not the player? Brighton fans generally understand we are a selling club and will always welcome back players who earn a move (Zamora, Virgo and Lynch when he undoubtably goes). CKR doesn't at present fall into that category who have served the club with distinction before going to pastures new.

Without any more evidence CKR is always going to be the Villian of this particular piece.

:clap:

Surely that puts this one to bed.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dear Mr K

If you can't be bothered, then neither can i.

See ya!

Laura
xx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here