Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond tried to sign

MOG

Miserable Old Git
Dec 16, 2007
Off My Trolley.
dougdeep said:
Nobody makes money from football clubs. I thought everyone knew that.

Except

1 Overpaid Premiership players

2 Agents

3 Ken Bates

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If it WAS about money for Hammond wouldn't he had stayed, run down his contract, and got a SHIT loads more cash because he would be moving on a free transfer?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He has GONE.

Get over it. Because we hardly ever buy or sell in the last few years we all spit the dummies out, Hammond this, DK that, agents this, I blame Oatway etc etc

Time to move on. Believe it or not TRANSFERS HAPPEN ALL THE TIME.

Players come, players go. FACT.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
People are slagging DH because he treated the fans as idiots and told a load of bollocks about it not being about the money but about playing in the Championship, then signed for a team that will probably be relegated possibly passing us on the way.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Of course. But you don't find many teams showing ambition by flogging their CAPTAIN and last season's player of the year...

You don't find many club captains blatantly lieing to the fans about wanting to remain a player at the club when they clearly have no intention of doing anything other than stuffing their pockets and doing a runner as soon as they can!

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Bollocks to Hammond, he tried to play the club and lost and now his at the arse end of Essex looking forward to League 1 next year and probably a spell on loan to Basildon Town.

Burns is spot on. Dick played it well.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
FACT Hammond was offered a contract last year making him the best paid player.
FACT Hammonds agent advised him to refuse the offer.
FACT Hammond could go on a Bosman at the end of the season.
FACT Hammond was sold for a fee as opposed to a free at the end of the season.

This is a no brainer, thanks Deano for your services - now f*** off!

This club will be around for a lot longer than you or I.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
People are slagging DH because he treated the fans as idiots and told a load of bollocks about it not being about the money but about playing in the Championship, then signed for a team that will probably be relegated possibly passing us on the way.
Exactly. Hammond took us, the fans, for mugs. He thought a few phrases about the club 'needing to show ambition' and him 'really wanting to stay' would fool us. We don't blame him for wanting to better himself, but the way he did it was disgusting. Thankfully he was rumbled and we managed to get some cash for him; I still break into a smile everytime I think of it. £250k for someone coming to the end of his contract who had NO intention of signing a new one was brilliant business.

And, frankly, he wasn't THAT good. Certainly his replacement is 10 times the player Hammond was. Good riddance to the lying little shit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Exactly, so why are people SLATING Hammond?
Backing the wrong horse again I see, Morris.

I also see that your HERO scored in Saturday way down there at the wrong end of the bottom division (in front of a crowd that Lewes might expect to attract). :D

Back on topic, I'll trust the chairman on this one. Hammond has been a very ordinary player for us IMO and this is a good bit of business for someone with an over inflated opinion of himself. Cheerio Hammond, we're not missing you. :wave:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was one of Hammond's strongest supporters on here, and I still think he is a very good footballer, and a decent bloke.

Richie is entitled to his opinion on the whole saga. Whether Dean ever truly wanted to sign a contract nobody but he will ever know. Of course he WOULD have signed one if we could have matched the salary he clearly wanted, but it seems we could not.

I really don't see how the club is in any way culpable over his departure. Nor do I blame Hammond for wanting a huge pay increase if he knew he could get it.

What I don't like to see is people now pretending that he was 'average, rubbish, not performing' out of spite just because he has gone. He was a good player. He served us well. Now he's gone [for good money]. End of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here