Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Day 3 - Fri 4th Feb - SMOKE AND MIRRORS...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The LDC lawyer always like to have a lay-in on Mondays.

Easy 10 said:
Sorry Chappers, the lady is with me.
I'm taking her to Cheeky Chicken tomorrow night. Once she is dizzy from the heady delights of a filletburger with mayonnaise (no salad), we shall be embarking on some sweaty fumblings behind the wheelie bins in Little Preston St.

I'll pass on your regards.
Have you made adequate provision for spectators?

How many people do you anticipate will turn up on bicycles?

Will there be a parking exclusion zone around Little Preston Street?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Easy 10 said:
The LDC lawyer always like to have a lay-in on Mondays.

I hear its because Monday is special breakfast day down Noras Greasy Spoon. Mr White can't miss the chance of having double bacon and eggs!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lord Bracknell said:
Have you made adequate provision for spectators?

How many people do you anticipate will turn up on bicycles?

Will there be a parking exclusion zone around Little Preston Street?
Spectators will be accomodated at the kitchen windows of Dig in the Ribs, which overlooks the alleyway. Additional provisions have been made for people to occupy Mr Woo's back passage, should numbers dicate.

As for bicycles - I have catered for potential of 12.4% of the spectators to arrive by bike, and will be hoping to get a "backy" home off one of them. No parking restrictions, but it will be on a first-come first-served basis.

perseus said:
Thanks for the timetable Lord Bracknell.

Is there a list of actual "expert" witnesses available as well please?
Not an official list. But this is what was said on the first day:-

Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club - Andy Simons (consultant architect), Mark Leigh (transport consultant), Martin Perry, Tony Allen (planning consultant);

Brighton & Hove City Council - Bob Bruce, Nigel Green (planners), Mike Moggridge (transport consultant)

Lewes District Council - Mr Woodruff (consultant architect), Derreck Wade (planning consultant), Tony Harrison (transport consultant)

Falmer Parish Council - Tom Carr

Sussex Downs Conservation Board - Mr Small (Planning Officer)

Society of Sussex Downsmen - Mrs Hilary Leigh

CPRE - Mr Gerald Summerfield & Mr Alden

Regency Society of Brighton & Hove - Ms Hazel McKay & Mr Ray

Shoreham Port Authority - Mr Vaughan

Toads Hole Valley owners - represented by JW43 Estates Ltd & Pecla Investments Ltd

Plus others, representing organisations like the Friends of ...

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Easy 10 said:
Spectators will be accomodated at the kitchen windows of Dig in the Ribs, which overlooks the alleyway. Additional provisions have been made for people to occupy Mr Woo's back passage, should numbers dicate.

As for bicycles - I have catered for potential of 12.4% of the spectators to arrive by bike, and will be hoping to get a "backy" home off one of them. No parking restrictions, but it will be on a first-come first-served basis.

Can I put in an early request for a press pass? Only I can't be responsible for the behaviour of any "away members" or non season ticket holders who are denied the chance to get a good look on the night...

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Lord Bracknell said:

No doubt someone is considering this. But there is a ton and a half of paperwork that would need to be moved around. And it would have to be a big front room to fit all the spectators in.

I'll carry a few boxes. I'm sure between us we could get it shifted. The layout in the Font & Firkin would suit an inquiry. The first ever public inquiry with a bar.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
He's my FRIEND with a pointy finger.

Radio Nimby

you look transfixed in this pic :D as if he has you under some sort of trance or something
carr3.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Thanks for going to the trouble of posting the list Lord Bracknell.

If I remember correctly, anybody wishing to speak has to indicate before the Public Inquiry their intentions.

I just wondered if a list was available? If there were any surprises? I do not expect any. For this reason, it is not really important, so do not go out of your way.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
perseus said:
Thanks for going to the trouble of posting the list Lord Bracknell.

If I remember correctly, anybody wishing to speak has to indicate before the Public Inquiry their intentions.

I just wondered if a list was available? If there were any surprises? I do not expect any. For this reason, it is not really important, so do not go out of your way.

why? you're not planning a session on the area known as PENDE are you?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
CrabtreeBHA said:
why? you're not planning a session on the area known as PENDE are you?

No, I declined to do so. The less said about that the better.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
PHEW! <wipes brow>

Kev the Ape

Fantastic account. Made me laugh.:lolol: Mr White is a brainless twat and what does he want to do on this professional engagement shag his missus aint she had enough of it then. Another typical delay by the nimbys. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here