Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Day 3 - Fri 4th Feb - SMOKE AND MIRRORS...

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Easy 10 said:
Ahhh yes, young Megan.
She was looking quite resplendent in a businesslike but closely-fitted and very feminine suit consisting of a skirt (sadly below the knee) and tailored jacket, which served to emphasise her natural curvacuousness. A thin cotton blouse could be seen underneath, open to the neck but tantalisingly no further. She wore her shimmering blonde hair down, and had some lightly applied blusher and a hint of gloss on her lips, giving them that mesmerising sheen of moisture you see on glamorous sex sirens from the 50's. The smooth lines of her calves were eccentuauted by the heels of her shoes - not stilettos obviously, but just high enough to give them that extra firmness and defintion.

But I barely noticed her really.

Any chance of posting a pic of this young lady? I'm home alone on a Friday night after all! ;)

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Weezle said:
Any chance of posting a pic of this young lady? I'm home alone on a Friday night after all! ;)

I did release this exclusive snap the other day but because it's Friday and you're home alone, here's another glimpse:
pi8_751.thumb.jpg

Great stuff Easy :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can't get that worked up about more delays to the inquiry, while it is taking the piss, the fact is they've already won their main battle to kick a decision past the General Election.

The stuff about buses to Sheepcote is absolutely pivotal though - the whole inquiry may turn on just this one question.

Easy 10 said:
I wouldn't say it was completely "one way traffic" though (pun partially intended). When the question of the travel voucher was raised (the one on the match ticket), Mr Lee categorically stated that the voucher is ONLY viable for Falmer, none of the other sites, just Falmer. Which seemed a little out of place to me. He went on to explain that it was only viable for Falmer because Falmer is the only site which offers the viable transport alternatives to the car, and "you can't sell people something (ie the voucher) that they cannot use". I felt my eyebrows raising slightly, and Mr White will DEFINATELY be revisiting that subject, you can bet.
The word "voucher" was on the lips of several members of the Albion delegation as the session came to an end. I threw my twopenn'th into the debate by asking why anyone would be happy to pay for a travel voucher if, once you'd got it, you found that free on-street parking was available within walking distance of the ground. And that's the likely scenario at Sheepcote Valley for at least 4,000 fans, possibly more.

No doubt there would be supporters who would be happy to pay for a travel voucher if they WANTED to use the Stadium Car Park, or Park & Ride, or a bus. But Mark Leigh's projections show that no more than 61 per cent of spectators who would go to Sheepcote Valley would fall into that category. At Falmer, 90 per cent of spectators would benefit from having a travel voucher.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Thanks for the quality report. Can you find time to go every day Mr 10?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Easy 10 said:
Ahhh yes, young Megan.
She was looking quite resplendent in a businesslike but closely-fitted and very feminine suit consisting of a skirt (sadly below the knee) and tailored jacket, which served to emphasise her natural curvacuousness. A thin cotton blouse could be seen underneath, open to the neck but tantalisingly no further. She wore her shimmering blonde hair down, and had some lightly applied blusher and a hint of gloss on her lips, giving them that mesmerising sheen of moisture you see on glamorous sex sirens from the 50's. The smooth lines of her calves were eccentuauted by the heels of her shoes - not stilettos obviously, but just high enough to give them that extra firmness and defintion.

But I barely noticed her really.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

First of all, Easy what a top post, a work of pure genius :lolol:

But on a more serious note, how can the Nimby lawyer be permitted to drag these proceedings out any longer considering that the date of the inquiry has already been moved once to accommodate his 'busy' schedule. This quite clearly smacks of taking the piss, especially as public money is being spent on this unneccessary circus.:angry:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: INQUIRY DAY 4 - smoke and mirrors...

Easy 10 said:
The tone was set early on, before we even got down to the main issue in hand. Mr White (the NIMBY lawyer), shuffled to his desk, fidgetted awkwardly and announced he had some "bad news". Whats this then ? Has his dog died this morning ? Are Girls Aloud splitting up ? No, worse. Due to an "immovable professional engagement", Mr White would be unable to attend the Inquiry on the 8th and 9th of March. Meaning that the proceedings scheduled to be heard on those dates would have to be knocked back 5 weeks, to mid-April (the next available date). Mr White seemed coy as to the nature of this "immovable professional engagement"

Quality posting of the highest order Easy 10 :bowdown:

And Mr White and his clients should by thoroughly ashamed of themselves. Disgusting low-life. Thank Christ there will be a clear divide between their crappy village and a community stadium so that decent people won't have to come into contact with those vermin. A plague on their poxy property prices :salute:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
dougdeep said:
Thanks for the quality report. Can you find time to go every day Mr 10?
Afraid not Dougdeep. I still have to turn up at an office every day and pretend that I'm working. I might book another day off at some point though to go along again. I'm quite keen on hearing the nimbys plead their case for the other sites.

Obviously I'll have to be careful and pick a day when the LDC lawyer can be arsed to turn up though.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
roz said:
I did release this exclusive snap the other day but because it's Friday and you're home alone, here's another glimpse:
pi8_751.thumb.jpg

Sorry I'm not fully up to speed. Is she on our side or assisting the nimbys?

Note the BLUE t-shirt .....

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
sweet jesus that first post is huge...bounce it on Monday 'cos thats got "work time reading" written all over it :thumbsup:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Thanks for writing that Easy. It has cheered me up no end as I contemplate getting off my pert arse and driving down to Brighton for the match.

What angers me so much is the insistence by opponents of the stadium that the decision will be made after the election for political reasons, whereas the real reason is that they have deliberately forced the this likelihood at EVERY opportunity. I can only assume that they are hoping that either the club will fold in the meantime or that a change of government will change the outcome, neither of which will happen.

They are going to have a stadium next to their village, although part of me now wishes it was actually going to be built IN the village.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CrabtreeBHA said:
sweet jesus that first post is huge...bounce it on Monday 'cos thats got "work time reading" written all over it :thumbsup:
Just for you then Crabbers. And pay attention - I will be asking questions later.
;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here