Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Day 3 - Fri 4th Feb - SMOKE AND MIRRORS...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
roz said:
Can I put in an early request for a press pass? Only I can't be responsible for the behaviour of any "away members" or non season ticket holders who are denied the chance to get a good look on the night...
Only if I can get prints of some nice close-ups, from some very obtrusive and intimately invading angles.

CrabtreeBHA said:
is there anyone doing simular Lord B/Easy style write ups for the NIMBY side? as I'd be interested to read their point of view on the current proceedings, anyone know?
The best I can come up with is this from last Friday's Sussex Express Parish Pump column, attributed to Sue Barnes and Rosemary Warton of Falmer:-

THE NEW INQUIRY started this week with the Inspector visiting the possible sites. Our neighbourhood police officer, PC Mark Cranley, had kindly helped us by allowing no parking cones to be put out round the pond to prevent the usual crush of cars.

During term time, as residents of Falmer South know, it is impossible to get anything larger than a Transit van through the village, and, as we were expecting a bus to arrive with interested parties from the inquiry, it seemed sensible to prevent parking round the pond.

Villagers stood at the entrance to the pond area and advised disappointed students on other possible parking sites, unfortunately some people were disappointed enough to complain to the police, at which point two police vans arrived to see what was going on. Before long a journalist had turned up and was interviewing people, apparently it had been suggested to him that we just wanted the village to look pretty for the inspectors visit.

The village, of course, does not need to be free of cars to look pretty, it looks attractive even when it is full to overflowing with cars, but we will not have to put up with the parking much longer as our yellow lines will be in place soon. We are keen to encourage all those who support us at Falmer to go along to the inquiry, it is taking place at Brighton Town Hall, Bartholemew Square from Tuesdays to Fridays 10am to 5pm and 10am to 1.30pm on Fridays, there may be changes to this timetable so check the notice board outside the Farm Shop. The inquiry is expected to last until March 11, although it may last longer, and should be interesting to attend.

I'd just like to add that I am in no way responsible for the appalling punctuation in the above piece, although when I worked for the East Sussex Education Department back in 1977, I was involved with the project that resulted in the closure of Falmer Primary School.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lord Bracknell said:
The best I can come up with is this from last Friday's Sussex Express Parish Pump column, attributed to Sue Barnes and Rosemary Warton of Falmer:-

The village, of course, does not need to be free of cars to look pretty,

Quite true, but being free of rats and pollution in their stinking pond might help.

That was an awful lot of puff to say, well, f*** all.

Last edited:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Lord Bracknell said:

I'd just like to add that I am in no way responsible for the appalling punctuation in the above piece, although when I worked for the East Sussex Education Department back in 1977, I was involved with the project that resulted in the closure of Falmer Primary School.

ah..so this backlash against our stadium is all you fault LB..:ohmy:

The Auditor said:
ah..so this backlash against our stadium is all you fault LB..:ohmy:
Not at all. The problem at Falmer Primary School was that, by the mid-seventies, the number of pupils had dropped to about ten. Falmer residents just wouldn't send their kids to the local school. They preferred to have them educated at Coldean.

Apparently, in those days, they liked the idea of being part of Brighton.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Lord Bracknell said:
Not at all. The problem at Falmer Primary School was that, by the mid-seventies, the number of pupils had dropped to about ten. Falmer residents just wouldn't send their kids to the local school. They preferred to have them educated at Coldean.

Apparently, in those days, they liked the idea of being part of Brighton.

They educated as many as ten from Falmer...mmm...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here