Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Benfica just received a very questionable red card in their game vs PSV. This could be great news if Benfica lose. :bowdown:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And he will want to play in the champions League.

This one won't happen now.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Depends on what Benfica says to him, I would imagine. If his chances of playing are limited (they have a lot of options) then I might still want to go.

Either way, would be fine without him. Just bring in Cucarella and you get another striker option in Trossard since March would be able to play in Trossards normal position as some kind of LW.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Depends on what Benfica says to him, I would imagine. If his chances of playing are limited (they have a lot of options) then I might still want to go.

Either way, would be fine without him. Just bring in Cucarella and you get another striker option in Trossard since March would be able to play in Trossards normal position as some kind of LW.

Or leave solly where he is and play Cucurella ahead of him, both will be excellent cover for each other either way.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
And he will want to play in the champions League.

This one won't happen now.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Or..... he will come to us, get some big money, big publicity, then in 2 seasons get a life changing move to a top 5 team and as much CL footy as his goal getting can sustain.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Naylor said on twitter (initially) that CL qualification would influence the deal. A few days later, he tweeted that it would not make any difference. Had the club corrected him?

What I have noticed is that Benfica have been playing a system similar to us with one No.9 and then two attacking players (strikers or wingers or secondary strikers) in support. Nunez could really struggle with game time.

They have Yaremchuk, Seferovic and Vinicius as top level No.9 options (with Pinho as back-up). Four players for one position not including Nunez.

He’d only have to look at our lineup for this coming Saturday to see that he’d be making 30+ EPL appearances for us if he remained fit.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Naylor said on twitter (initially) that CL qualification would influence the deal. A few days later, he tweeted that it would not make any difference. Had the club corrected him?

What I have noticed is that Benfica have been playing a system similar to us with one No.9 and then two attacking players (strikers or wingers or secondary strikers) in support. Nunez could really struggle with game time.

They have Yaremchuk, Seferovic and Vinicius as top level No.9 options (with Pinho as back-up). Four players for one position not including Nunez.

He’d only have to look at our lineup for this coming Saturday to see that he’d be making 30+ EPL appearances for us if he remained fit.

Good insight and analysis HR...... My hunch is though this ain't happening now after last night's result despite what Naylor said...... Seferovich who had a great euros is a bit part and they've been trying to bin off vinicius for a while, who potentially has a higher resale price to Nunez.

I'd guess they'll still try and offload vinicius by sale or if not loan, Yaremchuk will be the main man, Nunez the next/other option. Seferovich will remain bit part.

What else is in our cluster?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I think he played on the right of a front 3 quite a bit last season, he definitely is made to be a CF, so maybe he would see a move as beneficial to building his rep as the main striker.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Good insight and analysis HR...... My hunch is though this ain't happening now after last night's result despite what Naylor said...... Seferovich who had a great euros is a bit part and they've been trying to bin off vinicius for a while, who potentially has a higher resale price to Nunez.

I'd guess they'll still try and offload vinicius by sale or if not loan, Yaremchuk will be the main man, Nunez the next/other option. Seferovich will remain bit part.

What else is in our cluster?

Seferovich scored 22 goals in 31 games in the league for them last season, I think it's a 34 game season out there so he didn't miss many. Yaremchuk has just come in and might be preferred now, but Seferovich was not a bit part player last season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hard to know what is just public negotiating grandstanding.

My guess is Cucurella YES, Nunez NO.

:shrug: who knows ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here