Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A player like 29-year old Shaqiri is on £80K a week. Players like him - and Schick - will move around the Champions League gravy train and get similar wages. The Albion will not be on his radar. We will be looking for a developing forward with resale value.

One of the problems with bringing in a player on £75K per week is the others will want that - Dunk, Sanchez, Bissouma etc.

Why would Dunk want to lower his wages?

Not a clue if it would but thought I join the speculation game

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So you don't know [emoji38]ol:[emoji38]ol:

Also agents giving out confidential information especially as our club is particularly private about it's dealings is not good. imho :)
They're not repping any of our players but people within football will know. Bear in mind the average epl weekly salary is over 60k a week so these figures are very believable.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They're not repping any of our players but people within football will know. Bear in mind the average epl weekly salary is over 60k a week so these figures are very believable.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I know the size of wages are believable but to put wages to players is guess work apart from the overall accounts.

I know a bit about Bloom and his wealth purely because I know someone who is not interested about football had to do some top level work for him, again ballpark stuff but he is considerably wealthier than many believe. All I've ever said is I think a few billions not one. This was 10 years ago when every guess in the 100s of millions. All my friend said to me is he loaded, I asked the obvious and we had a game of increased guesses until he agreed I was very warm. Still guess work on my part, probably him too, to a lessor extent.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I made this mistake earlier on the thread.

Benfica have until the 2nd Sept to register Nunez in their squad for the competition proper. It was thought that he’d be injured for the qualifying rounds, hence he was not in that particular squad:

“Every club must submit two lists of players, including details such as shirt number, date of birth and nationality. List A [Champions League Squad] needs to be submitted to the relevant association to be verified, validated and forwarded to UEFA by 24:00 CET on Thursday 2 September.” UEFA.com

Interesting to note that Portugal’s window closes on the 22nd Sept giving them a competitive advantage in the window if they have targets (to replace players they’ve sold) in countries where the window is still open.

taz

Feb 18, 2015
Latest, Brighton have offered €35m for nunez, on a 5 year contract, talks ongoing, benfica are in advance talks to sign (winger) Valentino from inter Milan

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Latest, Brighton have offered €35m for nunez, on a 5 year contract, talks ongoing, benfica are in advance talks to sign (winger) Valentino from inter Milan

Just under £30m??? Wow (if there is any truth in that at all).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Valentino? Played 4mins as a central midfielder against us last year, that one?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is of course always a possibility but selling the club from an unbeaten start must be a hell of a lot easier

Not as easy as selling the club that doesn't look like it might get relegated.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
That is of course always a possibility but selling the club from an unbeaten start must be a hell of a lot easier

For young, ambitious players I would imagine that having sold Ben White to Arsenal without lots of drama must also be a positive. It shows that if you come here and do well, we will not stand in your way to move to a bigger club (in the relegation zone).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here