Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Genuine question - why would Shlick leave European football at Leverkusen for Brighton (at the moment) ?

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Schick is - apparently- paid in the region of €80-100k (weekly) at Leverkusen if any of the salary sites are in any way accurate. Nunez at €40m (as reported) will likely become our highest paid player along with Dunk & Biss (when he signs his new contract). If our club is in the market for an elite level International forward, then we could be willing to match Schick’s reported contract in Germany. This is very grown up, borderline obscene, stuff for the Albion.

I suspect we have moved beyond obscene into the territory of the absurd considering where we were 24yrs.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
A Bola say that the reason is that Darwin is ‘not registered’ for the PSV game. Difficult to know what that means though, surely he is registered in their Champions League squad?

It probably translates from.
Not in the matchday squad.....

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
A Bola say that the reason is that Darwin is ‘not registered’ for the PSV game. Difficult to know what that means though, surely he is registered in their Champions League squad?

He isn't, but I think they can re-register after the qualifiers

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Schick is - apparently- paid in the region of €80-100k (weekly) at Leverkusen if any of the salary sites are in any way accurate. Nunez at €40m (as reported) will likely become our highest paid player along with Dunk & Biss (when he signs his new contract). If our club is in the market for an elite level International forward, then we could be willing to match Schick’s reported contract in Germany. This is very grown up, borderline obscene, stuff for the Albion.
Our highest earner(s) are on more than 75k a week.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Personally I can't believe Shaqiri is to be sold by Liverpool to Lyon for just £9.5m.

I know he's not the big centre forward that many of us want but for that money it could have been worth a punt and would have thought he would have fit into the Potter style of play ok. Lyon have got a bargain I reckon, even at 29 (although they are 16th in the table).

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Personally I can't believe Shaqiri is to be sold by Liverpool to Lyon for just £9.5m.

I know he's not the big centre forward that many of us want but for that money it could have been worth a punt and would have thought he would have fit into the Potter style of play ok. Lyon have got a bargain I reckon, even at 29 (although they are 16th in the table).

He flatters to deceive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A player like 29-year old Shaqiri is on £80K a week. Players like him - and Schick - will move around the Champions League gravy train and get similar wages. The Albion will not be on his radar. We will be looking for a developing forward with resale value.

One of the problems with bringing in a player on £75K per week is the others will want that - Dunk, Sanchez, Bissouma etc.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Too tall

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A player like 29-year old Shaqiri is on £80K a week. Players like him - and Schick - will move around the Champions League gravy train and get similar wages. The Albion will not be on his radar. We will be looking for a developing forward with resale value.

One of the problems with bringing in a player on £75K per week is the others will want that - Dunk, Sanchez, Bissouma etc.

This!

I believe we are creative with signing on bonuses for the likes of Welbeck and Lallana to get round the maximum salary issue, but other than that we have a salary structure which is adhered to.

Long term, I suspect we will increase the maximum salary, to help us be more competitive in the striker market.
But IMHO, we will need to have had a few more Ben White type transfer fees before we look to increase the salary structure.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If we’re in for him we’d be well aware of the rough wage he’d accept / be interested in - that shouldn’t be a problem…

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This!

I believe we are creative with signing on bonuses for the likes of Welbeck and Lallana to get round the maximum salary issue, but other than that we have a salary structure which is adhered to.

Long term, I suspect we will increase the maximum salary, to help us be more competitive in the striker market.
But IMHO, we will need to have had a few more Ben White type transfer fees before we look to increase the salary structure.
Yes - basically we need to stop charging Uncle Tony £30 or £40M for his annual season ticket!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I do as I know a couple of agents ... Not precise figures but ballpark

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

So you don't know :lolol::lolol:

Also agents giving out confidential information especially as our club is particularly private about it's dealings is not good. imho :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here