Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Is it really complicated or are we just fannying around and trying to do things on the cheap?

Don't get me wrong, it's easy to spend other peoples money, but an unwillingness to pay the going rate seems to be a bit of a trend here.

If we sign Nunez, and he helps us finish two places higher than last season, that's an additional £4 million in the kitty.

Maybe it's just frustration, but we do seem to get involved in long-drawn out sagas don't we?

You make it sound like it’s as simple as popping out to the shop to buy some pick and mix sweets.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You make it sound like it’s as simple as popping out to the shop to buy some pick and mix sweets.

You think buying a cup of pick n mix is simple.

Fudge me there's newbs and then there's you.

You probably fill your £3 cup with marshmallow and the giant snake.
Then wonder why us professional pick and mixers still have sweets 3 days later.

I weep for humanity.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I don't think I do. I appreciate the challenges.

Perhaps there's a middle ground between a never-ending transfer saga that spans months and buying a bag of pick'n'mix?

If you appreciate the challenges then why whine about fannying around and doing things on the cheap?
As you rightly pointed out it’s not your money. The club lost £67m in the 19/20 season and will probably post a similar loss for 20/21 although the White deal will soften the blow either that financial year or this current one.

It’s only the oligarch, mega rich and funded by the wealth of a nation clubs that are spending ridiculously big.

Is there any speculation online that he wants to come to us?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
You think buying a cup of pick n mix is simple.

Fudge me there's newbs and then there's you.

You probably fill your £3 cup with marshmallow and the giant snake.
Then wonder why us professional pick and mixers still have sweets 3 days later.

I weep for humanity.

£3 cup? You should be paying the going rate and buy the £5 cup. That way it gives you a little extra for the likes of your cola cubes and drumsticks and the classic top notch leading the line flying saucer.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Is it really complicated or are we just fannying around and trying to do things on the cheap?

Don't get me wrong, it's easy to spend other peoples money, but an unwillingness to pay the going rate seems to be a bit of a trend here.

It's not just fannying around trying to buy at a price that we don't lose millions if we ever need to sell (imagine paying £100K over the odds for your house and then wanting to sell shortly after).
It's also agreeing a contract that makes the player want to join with both the weekly wage high and the length of contract long.

We've been burned previously with Locadia and Ali J with long contracts, just as the likes of Palace have previously been burned with over the odds deals for Meyer, Sakho, Benteke, Townsend......etc.

The price paid has to be right for both clubs, and the size and length of contract has to be right for both the player and the buying club. And also more attractive than what other clubs are offering.
To get that lot to align isn't easy.

And after all that you can still end up with a Joelinton, Locadia, Haller or Meyer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£3 cup? You should be paying the going rate and buy the £5 cup. That way it gives you a little extra for the likes of your cola cubes and drumsticks and the classic top notch leading the line flying saucer.

There's something about White Mice in a pic n mix that elevates them to a stature far beyond their abilities as a sweet.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
There's something about White Mice in a pic n mix that elevates them to a stature far beyond their abilities as a sweet.

Oui tres bien. And the first bite of a white gem brings on a blissful and ruminating trip down memory lane.
Mind you any callow youth popping a handful of the Devil’s spawn, commonly known as the aniseed ball, into their pic n mix pot was taking their life into their own hands. :sick:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If you appreciate the challenges then why whine about fannying around and doing things on the cheap?
As you rightly pointed out it’s not your money. The club lost £67m in the 19/20 season and will probably post a similar loss for 20/21 although the White deal will soften the blow either that financial year or this current one.

It’s only the oligarch, mega rich and funded by the wealth of a nation clubs that are spending ridiculously big.

Is there any speculation online that he wants to come to us?

Not a whine - an observation. An observation I am not the first to make.

It was also fairly measured, so please do try not to get your knickers in a twist.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oui tres bien. And the first bite of a white gem brings on a blissful and ruminating trip down memory lane.
Mind you any callow youth popping a handful of the Devil’s spawn, commonly known as the aniseed ball, into their pic n mix pot was taking their life into their own hands. :sick:

If we turn this thread into a pic n mix discussion the big boys will come along and dish out a bunch of fives.

I'm a lover of all things 'tangtastic' EXCEPT for picnmix.

If I could show the same levels of self control in the rest of my life, as I can when holding the scooper over the fizzy cola bottle compartment I'd be an infinitely better man than I currently am today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here