Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall

I suppose there’s always the possibility that he and his agent are being complete aresholes about the whole thing, just the way it’s already dragged on they could be asking for more at every opportunity.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I suppose there’s always the possibility that he and his agent are being complete aresholes about the whole thing, just the way it’s already dragged on they could be asking for more at every opportunity.

I cant imagine a 21 year old footballer being the source of that, but his agent looks like a mafia don and so many of them are slimey scumbags...... who knows?, maybe all a fuss about nothing, still highly likely the lad signs unless its a medical failure, but was expecting to see him hold up the shirt and sign at 7pm as announced widely, and as yet, he still isn't a Benfica player and some of their fans are suggesting its not happening?

:drama:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Surely Wikipedia can be relied upon to tell us what his current status is.

My money is on the fact that he's heard that Bielsa wants another striker.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
i would imagine if they (player & agent) are being complete tools - that Bloom & co would also walk away

There were reports (maybe false) that we were prepared to go higher. If its not medical, and his agent has been trying it on with financial demands, our club may still be able to operate to a total spend..... fee + agent fee that it considers acceptable.

Wishful thinking I know, as is that TB called the agent today and offered him a much bigger fee!!

He'll be Benfica tomorrow........ or will he :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There were reports (maybe false) that we were prepared to go higher. If its not medical, and his agent has been trying it on with financial demands, our club may still be able to operate to a total spend..... fee + agent fee that it considers acceptable.

Wishful thinking I know, as is that TB called the agent today and offered him a much bigger fee!!

I would suspect that if he came here now (and I don't think he will) it would now be for less than we originally offered.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Turned around in the airport and on the way here :D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is this not all a bit high maintenance and complicated for a second tier player with one good season behind him?

Look forward to seeing him holding up the Benfica shirt and spouting gushing crap about it’s been his lifelong ambition to play for Benfica.

It nearly always seems to turn into a marathon signing South Americans

I’m going to boo him, along with [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] if he does end up coming here :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is this not all a bit high maintenance and complicated for a second tier player with one good season behind him?

Look forward to seeing him holding up the Benfica shirt and spouting gushing crap about it’s been his lifelong ambition to play for Benfica.

We're singing Robbie Keane?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

My guess is that agent wanted the cut he’d get with us and salary Darwin would receive at the Amex. Looking at the Joao Felix transfer, the long term plan would have been to sell the lad back to Spain (La Liga) once Darwin had impressed in Portugal for two or three times the amount he went to Benfica for.

I suspect the small print in the contract does not equal what Benfica or the Agent had first anticipated. Shame for Almeria and maybe the player as the agent has obviously scared off Benfica’s rivals including ourselves.

They’ll find a way of sorting this tomorrow, it’s a little embarrassing to say the least but maybe standard in Portugal, especially when dealing with a South American agent.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I’m going to boo him, along with [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] if he does end up coming here :wink:

Feck me, so true. Does this guy think he’s Neymar or something?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He’s not coming

But I’m enjoying the extended entertainment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here