Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon

When the striker was already at Seixal yesterday to sign the contract, after the medical tests, his manager, Edgardo Lasalvia, raised several last-minute questions and asked for a commission higher than the 10% normally charged (2.4 million euros)

what a ****

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

When the striker was already at Seixal yesterday to sign the contract, after the medical tests, his manager, Edgardo Lasalvia, raised several last-minute questions and asked for a commission higher than the 10% normally charged (2.4 million euros)

what a ****

Modern day slavery to an extent

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Hard to believe for us Brits but wages aren’t everything when trying to entice a Latin player to the UK

https://www.football.london/west-ha...ews/what-happened-maxi-gomez-striker-18740697

There was an article recently in the Athletic about what agents considered to be the things players looked at when deciding who to sign for. IIRC the main reason was a nice place to live for the family with wages and training facilities etc a bit further down the priority list

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There was an article recently in the Athletic about what agents considered to be the things players looked at when deciding who to sign for. IIRC the main reason was a nice place to live for the family with wages and training facilities etc a bit further down the priority list

That’d be me :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Locadia spoke of hoping to move to Manchester United one day. Now he'd be lucky to get a club in the Championship.

He'd be lucky to get a game for FC United of Manchester

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Being announced at 19:30 tonight, although that claim was made yesterday as well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Being announced at 19:30 tonight, although that claim was made yesterday as well....

Honestly, this is entering joke territory

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
No bitterness from me. Benfica are a fabulous club. Good luck to the fella

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No bitterness from me. Benfica are a fabulous club. Good luck to the fella

They are, and they play in a 65k stadium (when fans are in), but its a noddy league like Scotland.

For Darwin, he's going to have the games against Sporting Lisbon, Porto and to a lesser extent Braga, an the rest are all mickey Mouse canon fodder, playing in L2 type stadiums.

The highlight will be a couuple of games a season in the CL qualifiers or group stage, then back to the crap noddy league.

If only he'd listened to the wisdom of someone lie Veltman, playing for another fabulous European club Ajax.

Every week is like a CL game in the PL...... even playing for West Brom is better than Benfica, if you want to play against the best, in the biggest league with the biggest global audience, with un-rivalled atmosphere every week.

Enjoy the CL qualifier against PAOK, it will be the highlight of the season.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Can’t really argue with his decision here. He’s gone to a famous club, with a huge stadium and CL football. Of course, they aren’t actually ever winning it and everything else beyond home games and a few big clubs will just be a non event. But maybe that’s what some players want?

The release clause is mental, it pretty much means he’s never leaving all the time he has a contract. Unless he’s the next global star, nobody is paying that. Especially if we’ve seen the peak of what clubs are willing to spend.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Jesus. Just went to have a look at attendances for the Primeira Liga. [MENTION=15046]peterward[/MENTION] is being too kind if anything

Some real League 2 numbers in here. And all but three of the league titles have been won by just three clubs, in the entire history of the competition.

Club | Avg. attendance | Capacity
Benfica | 53,209 | 64,642
Sporting CP | 43,623 | 50,044
Porto | 42,674 | 50,431
Vitória de G. | 16,015 | 30,008
Braga | 11,706 | 30,286
Marítimo | 7,072 | 10,932
Boavista | 5,623 | 30,000
Vitória Set. | 4,111 | 13,468
Feirense | 3,907 | 5,600
Rio Ave | 3,889 | 9,065
Chaves | 3,627 | 9,000
Paços de F | 3,507 | 6,404
Belenenses | 3,344 | 19,856
Portimonense | 3,158 | 9,544
Aves | 2,635 | 5,441
Tondela | 2,373 | 5,000
Estoril | 2,275 | 8,000
Moreirense | 2,264 | 6,153

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
They are, and they play in a 65k stadium (when fans are in), but its a noddy league like Scotland.

For Darwin, he's going to have the games against Sporting Lisbon, Porto and to a lesser extent Braga, an the rest are all mickey Mouse canon fodder, playing in L2 type stadiums.

Add Vitória Guimarães to that list, they're not huge but have decent support. They're apparently very proud that it's the only city that doesn't have a Porto or Benfica supporters club.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Add Vitória Guimarães to that list, they're not huge but have decent support. They're apparently very proud that it's the only city that doesn't have a Porto or Benfica supporters club.

Guimaraes is a very nice town. Isn't it supposed to be the birthplace of the nation or something? Lots of medieval buildings and charming squares etc anyway.

My only visit was spoiled somewhat by it being full of P*rtsm**th supporters on their Europa League jaunt. I was able to console myself with the knowledge that the club couldn't possibly afford all the extra travel and bonuses and it was hastening their inevitable bankruptcy.

#twatsontour

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here