Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I need to see him in a Benfica shirt or holding a scarf aloft to achieve true closure.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I need to see him in a Benfica shirt or holding a scarf aloft to achieve true closure.

7pm this evening in press, he will be presented - assume scarf and shirt closure will suffice!

Benfica have inserted "over 100 million" release clause.

Today medical and contract signing prior to 7pm closure ceremony

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
There’s a pic of the welcome bunting on social media

Says welcome DARWIN from one tinpot league to another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
There’s a pic of the welcome bunting on social media

Says welcome DARWIN from one tinpot league to another

Lol [emoji23]

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Hitch?

https://rr.sapo.pt/2020/09/03/benfica/apresentacao-de-darwin-nunez-adiada-para-sexta-feira/noticia/205832/

https://bancada.pt/artigos/portugal/exames-medicos-de-darwin-nunez-demoraram-o-dobro-do-previsto

Interesting comments section (below link)

https://www.abola.pt/clubes/2020-09-03/benfica-atraso-nos-exames-medicos-adia-apresentacao-de-darwin/859457/40

The official explanation sounds as un plausible as Gonzalez hiring a bizjet to pop over for tea.

Meant to be displayed with the grand signing at 7pm, now cancelled to some undefined/not announced time tomorrow.

officially say the tests took 4 hours rather than the expected 2....... (but unveiling was 7pm not midday!)

Surely a club like Benfica, has all its own private medical team in place? and would build in a little contingency to todays timetable?

Even if the medical tests took 4 instead of 2 hours, there was a load of waiting media for the 7pm unveiling, the logical thing is to say "sorry been a bit of a delay, we're behind 2 hours" etc etc.... rather than cancel without any time tomorrow.

me thinks maybe Benfica is buying time to look into something and something during today has spooked them?

Not buying the present narrative.

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They x-rayed his man bun

The results came back as absolute cringe

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If it's not a failed medical, maybe their cheque bounced?

Have butchers on the Benfica fans comments writing on that third (abola) link on my prev post #1211.

Put it this way, if it collapses there, Im sure we would at least bring him over and assess him? Couple of their fans (from how it translates) suggesting it may have collapsed?? maybe thats lost in translation, but saying same stuff, This official Benfica PR line is BS.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Have butchers on the Benfica fans comments writing on that third (Abola) link.

Put it this way, if it collapses there, Im sure we would at least bring him over and assess him. Couple of their fans (from how it traslates) suggesting it may have collapsed?? maybe thats lost in translation, but saying same stuff, This official Benfica PR line is BS.

not understood a word of that except "Bla Bla Bla..."

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
not understood a word of that except "Bla Bla Bla..."

using translate ofc HS!

"Viper30 knows what you're talking about. It does not smell good, I am convinced that the reason will not be medical tests."

"Presentation postponed due to delays in medical exams throughout the day ... BLA BLA BLA !!! More and more funny these Glorigozo novels ..."

"From Safe Source ... I just received the information THAT WAS BRONCA ...! And it seems ... there will be no business!" (BRONCA is anger)

"I can assure you that the player will no longer sign. Last minute demands make the business abort. This club can only laugh"

"A whole day and there was no time for exams to be ready when they normally do exams to more than a dozen athletes and the exams are ready, lol. I have no idea what the reason is, now I know one thing, it was not because of the delay in medical exams, I am 100% sure about that."

This of course might all be innocent and Benfica bed wetting, but adds a bit of last minute drama to the episode!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here