Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The timing of this breaking down isn't ideal. Sealing this deal would have given him a short time to isolate and integrate ahead of the season.

We know the club have stated they won't rush but this means we will almost certainly be going with what we have for the first few fixtures at least..

and......

let the meltdown begin.....

5 4 3 2 1

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Pragmatic about it over here, clearly we need cover upfront and Nunez looked to fit the bill.

The club may be further along in discussions for the next target than we know, let's hope so anyway.

Normally the ones we know little about are the ones that come off....Supposedly we are interested in Watkins (as are half the league) however this has now gone very quiet with Villa supposedly walking away..This strikes me of a typical Brighton type swoop..Under the radar ..

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This was always a risky punt for me , Spanish Div 2 strikers aren’t exactly top notch , the two we bought were good championship strikers but not good enough for the prem

Leo did well to get his medal but 18 in 86 is poor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Pragmatic about it over here, clearly we need cover upfront and Nunez looked to fit the bill.

The club may be further along in discussions for the next target than we know, let's hope so anyway.

Feel the same pragmatism at this stage. To get so close to someone who I really think will be a big star in the future is frustrating and someone who looks exactly what we need with Muzza outbound.

But hey ho, we won't be druv.......... just hope they dont now blow more money on cheaper second rate dross like Locadia. Gykores isnt the answer yet imho.
If we want to stay in the big boys league and top ten is really a goal rather than wishful thinking, we need quality firepower, not bench fillers...................... fingers crossed.

If we get relegated, we'll still all support whomever wears the shirt, but with Nunez you could really grasp the potential.

Our top ten ambitions or another relegation scrap will be decided in the largest part by our recruitment, so lets hope previous recruitment lessons have been learned. .

In Bloom we trust

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
its a bit disappointing but lets face it , every striker we sign looks amazing on you tube and the vast majority think will be amazing.

Hopefully the next target will be even better and we can clinch it

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
25 million was a risk. He's clearly got potentially but I haven't heard fans raving about him this year, though that may well be related to lockdown. Fingers crossed we dodged a bullet.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The player has already left the stage of the Spanish club and travels today to Lisbon, in order to carry out medical examinations and sign for the red club. As our newspaper reported today, last-minute financial demands from the 21-year-old Uruguayan striker and his agents delayed completion of the transfer. However, from Lisbon, Luís Filipe Vieira gave the order to move forward and the SAD manager at Benfica closed the deal for good.

His agent sounds like a c***.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
It's not 'peanuts', but its within reach. £1.2m net is £2m salary (at 40% tax), so £38k/week (assuming spread over 12 full months)

For a Premier League striker £38k a week is not a big wage. Appreciate it the real world its crazy money (more than my annual salary in a week) but in the context of being one of the most promising young strikers in Europe it is not a significant wage. All academic anyway by the looks of it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Normally the ones we know little about are the ones that come off....Supposedly we are interested in Watkins (as are half the league) however this has now gone very quiet with Villa supposedly walking away..This strikes me of a typical Brighton type swoop..Under the radar ..
Watkins did a piece before the play off final saying he learnt so of Maupay and loved playing with him almost knowing they would again be strike partners, or maybe I read to much into it :)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The player has already left the stage of the Spanish club and travels today to Lisbon, in order to carry out medical examinations and sign for the red club. As our newspaper reported today, last-minute financial demands from the 21-year-old Uruguayan striker and his agents delayed completion of the transfer. However, from Lisbon, Luís Filipe Vieira gave the order to move forward and the SAD manager at Benfica closed the deal for good.

His agent sounds like a c***.

looking at his pics, a fat c*** too

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Was so attached to this one.

Not just his insane stats & goal-to-game ratio, his height & physicality, his age, but the fact that he adapted and did it in his first year away from home in a foreign country halfway across the world.

Still some risk but I feel like Potter era has been much better for transfers.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Brighton target Darwin Nunez says he has completed a €25m move to Benfica.

Albion were one of several clubs understood to be keen on completing a move for the Uruguayan forward, but it seems the Portuguese giants have now won the race for his signature.

Speaking to local outlet La Voz, Nunez said: "Almería will always be in my heart. I wanted to say goodbye to the Almería club staff, because the treatment has been very good from the first day I arrived.

"Thank you very much for everything, really.

"I wanted to say goodbye as God intended to all the people of Almería. I have signed five years at Benfica, it is a good leap in my career. I will always follow Almería".

Source

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Sh1t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Fair play to the lad if he would rather go to Benfica, no point spending a fortune on a player that doesn't want to be here? onwards and upwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here