Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's not 'peanuts', but its within reach. £1.2m net is £2m salary (at 40% tax), so £38k/week (assuming spread over 12 full months)

More like £2.25m as you pay 45% on anything over 150K and also employee NI to take off. So 43K per week, which sounds about in line with first team regulars.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It's not 'peanuts', but its within reach. £1.2m net is £2m salary (at 40% tax), so £38k/week (assuming spread over 12 full months)

Only 40% tax up to 150kpa, so vast majority will be at 45%.

2.2 million gross (at UK rates), just over 42kpw (though assume that's euros - so Portuguese tax rates) for 21yo 16 goal scorer in segundaB + 2.5 million bung to agent.

This whole deal is like Cinderellas sister trying to squeeze into the wrong shoes.

Benfica don't want to spend the transfer fee. They want to bung in shit players Almeria don't want. They want to pay over 5 years, America insists max 2 years(none of which is yet resolved - only Almerias fee is agreed) now Benfica salary offer is too low, and they don't want to pay the agent fees.

Sack them all off and have a little cozy up with the Lizard. It really doesn't have to be so hard!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
When the fat lady sings - if ever - will it be in Portugese or English?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
It’s a big wage for a player who’s played 44 competitive matches in his career, none of which were in the top flight of football, is it not?

Maybe I’m out of touch on wages but I’d assume that Connolly is on around 30k so would expect to be on similar. Happy to be proven wrong.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
So as it stands Benfica are relying on the players wishes to push this through. They are struggling to agree a fee structure with his parent club and now trying to pay the player less than his salary expectations

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am close to suggesting we dodged a bullet and he’s shitehouse :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here