Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
How many goals did we score from set pieces last season? Where we crossed direct into the box and scored? Think Webster may have got one and i'm sure there are one or two others I've forgotten. In any case, we're hardly deadly from corners.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Just send this to Nunu asking if he fancies getting on the end of this kind of delivery:-

[tweet]1273589435955924992[/tweet]

With the added caveat that:-

'Much of the fan base want to get rid because they think we can do better'.

Those stats are quite amazing when you consider that we literally never score from corners!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did you want the midfielders thread Stat, or is this a a personal message fro Darwin about the quality of service he can expect from our German contingent !

Nah can't be doing with that.

As much as I feel Stephens days are numbered I can't get involved with the perpetual fire sale that is the Get Rid Posse.

What's wrong with working hard and earning your place.
Why does everyone have to be gone and dismissed as shitehouse.

Or gone because they're too good for lil old Brighton.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I’m hoping Benfica’s interest doesn’t sour his interest coming here. If Benfica back out due to finances, hopefully he’s still willing to make a move.

Just get Bruno, Leo & Tomer to sell Brighton to him. Poor bloke, if he’s anything like 99% of fans, probably think we still play in an Athletics stadium. And he’ll definitely know all about Benfica!

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Just get Bruno, Leo & Tomer to sell Brighton to him. Poor bloke, if he’s anything like 99% of fans, probably think we still play in an Athletics stadium. And he’ll definitely know all about Benfica!
Leo and Tomer are long gone and we have a new manager so I would be very surprised if they would get involved with our player recruitment?
But Bruno definitely should (and I would have thought probably is) be involved in selling the package to the player.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Leo and Tomer are long gone and we have a new manager so I would be very surprised if they would get involved with our player recruitment?
But Bruno definitely should (and I would have thought probably is) be involved in selling the package to the player.

Leo's playing for Vallecano in Spain and has a huge soft spot for the club. He also played for Almeria. He would absolutely BIG the club up to a fellow South American. I'm sure Tony would grease his palm - although I'm not sure he'd have to do that if Bruno gave Leo a bell. Same goes for ex-Almeria Tomer.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Leo's playing for Vallecano in Spain and has a huge soft spot for the club. He also played for Almeria. He would absolutely BIG the club up to a fellow South American. I'm sure Tony would grease his palm - although I'm not sure he'd have to do that if Bruno gave Leo a bell. Same goes for ex-Almeria Tomer.
You think Tony Bloom would pay a couple of old players to have a conversation with someone?

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I’ve been following this one from day one. Possibly refreshing hourly whilst on holiday. My wife wasn’t impressed. It’s because he looks to have real quality. A fast Glenn Murray. The ups and downs of this thread have been like an Eastenders Christmas special to me.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You think Tony Bloom would pay a couple of old players to have a conversation with someone?

Nobody knows, personally i don't think he'd pay, theyre contracted to other clubs, but would he ask?

If it was me I would use absolutely use every possible resource to try and seal the deal...... Sounds like we're not natural first preference of the player if reports are to be believed, so if something like Ulloa having a chat about his own positive experiences, would help to secure a highly desired target and tip the scales in our favour, why not?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nah can't be doing with that.

As much as I feel Stephens days are numbered I can't get involved with the perpetual fire sale that is the Get Rid Posse.

What's wrong with working hard and earning your place.
Why does everyone have to be gone and dismissed as shitehouse.

Or gone because they're too good for lil old Brighton.

:bowdown:

You either get it, or you don't get it. Fact.

:bowdown:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Just pleading with the gods... This guy is the real deal according to the stats and only 21. Thought it was over, but please lets get it over the line...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/alvarolevrero/status/1300154215482916864?s=21

“In a few hours #DarwinNuñez will sign for @SLBenfica or for @OfficialBHAFC. The Portuguese giant offer €22m. spreading in 5 years. #Brighton offer €25m. in 2 years. The player wants #Benfica & that could be decisive. His agent #Lasalvia is dealing now in #Almeria.”

Who is this fella?

He says "the player wants Benfica"...... I wonder if Nunez has said it in those terms?

Thats pretty decisive, and where would this bloke get that from?

Just hope we've got the A team out there doing a number on the player and agent as we speak.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Who is this fella?

He says "the player wants Benfica"...... I wonder if Nunez has said it in those terms?

Just hope we've got the A team out there doing a number on the player and agent as we speak.

I guess it's a choice between playing in the sun, in the Champions League, for a team likely to at least challenge for the league title or play for a mid to lower league table club in the rain. Let's not do a Leeds here.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Who is this fella?

I would be almost certain that the club have a team out there talking to him right now, they'd be silly not to. Clearly he has a preference for Benfica, which shouldn't really come as a surprise, but we've had a few offers now and would doubtlessly have been sounding him out for a few weeks. If he had no interest in coming here then surely it wouldn't have got this far, the fact that it has makes me believe that there is definitely room for persuasion.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I guess it's a choice between playing in the sun, in the Champions League, for a team likely to at least challenge for the league title or play for a mid to lower league table club in the rain. Let's not do a Leeds here.

Totally agree. I'm not questioning that most would, but has Nunez actually said it publicly?.......... yesterday, he "knew nothing" of Benfica links when asked on camera. So wonder where this Tweeter got this definitive statement from?

The PL, and its global audience is the thing that could possibly be a better draw to the player, the colour of Blooms money and better payment terms is the thing that will tip Almeria potentially in our favour.......... maybe better agents fee could tip his advisors? other than that on paper, there is no comparison in history, size or stature of clubs.

I dont think he'd regret it at all if he came here, I'm sure he'd love it...... But ofc also understand why he'd prefer Benfica. Guess the majority of 21yo south americans (if given the choice) would also feel the same way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

You omitted:-

Playing in a Monkey Tennis League or the World's Biggest League watched in just about every country.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder if there'll ever be a day when I don't think:-

'F**k me Mr Bloom, just how much money have you got?'

So after paying the players throughout.
Refusing 3 times to accept wage deferrals from Barber and GPott.
Finally took their money when I'm sure they gave him no choice.
Underwritten all our returned S/T money.
Turned away tens of millions already this window.

Now he's staring down Ben-f**kin-Fica, with a higher bid and shorter terms.

I mean

tenor.gif.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here