Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did we have this or were we just speculating?;-

Monday’s edition of AS explains Brighton emissaries met the Spanish club’s representatives over the weekend to discuss signing the Uruguay international.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
I wonder if there'll ever be a day when I don't think:-

'F**k me Mr Bloom, just how much money have you got?'

So after paying the players throughout.
Refusing 3 times to accept wage deferrals from Barber and GPott.
Finally took their money when I'm sure they gave him no choice.
Underwritten all our returned S/T money.
Turned away tens of millions already this window.

Now he's staring down Ben-f**kin-Fica, with a higher bid and shorter terms.

I mean

View attachment 127856.
So grateful to the man, honestly feel so bad he's putting in his cash over and over whilst like you've said, deferred wage cuts and other income.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Call me a pessimist but I think he’s heading to Portugal, and that’s why Gonzalez has suddenly resurfaced.

I don't think one has anything to do with the other. Different type of players and if we signed Gonzalez I would still expect us to be in for a CF. We were told that if an opportunity for another player came up we would be open to it. I see Gonzalez as that type of opportunity

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Call me a pessimist but I think he’s heading to Portugal, and that’s why Gonzalez has suddenly resurfaced.

Actually, for me it’s the other way round.

The other fella is so blatantly a winger type and not a forward, the fact we have him signed already must mean we have other strikers lined up.

Could be wrong. But there’s certainly been a big push by the club to get a striker this window.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Actually, for me it’s the other way round.

The other fella is so blatantly a winger type and not a forward, the fact we have him signed already must mean we have other strikers lined up.

Could be wrong. But there’s certainly been a big push by the club to get a striker this window.

Pick your own facts......... To much time on the Leeds forum!

albionite

May 20, 2009
https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2020-08-31/urgencia-por-darwin-nunez/859028

Benfica should make another effort today to sign Darwin Núñez, an Almería striker.

The incarnates, according to the Spanish press, will be able to send an emissary to Almería, where the forward's manager, Edgardo Lasalvia, is to finish the negotiations.

As BOLA realized, Benfica has already offered close to € 23 million, plus passes from central defender Cristian Lema and striker Jhonder Cádiz, an insufficient proposal to convince Almería, who is not interested in the two suggested players and prefers the winger Diogo Gonçalves, back in Luz after a season of loan to Famalicão.

Jorge Jesus met the day before yesterday with the president, Luís Filipe Vieira, the sport director and administrator of SAD, Rui Costa, and the general director for football, Tiago Pinto, to give an account of the desire to receive more reinforcements, especially for the attack and before the third qualifying round of the Championships, scheduled for 15 or 16 September.

In addition to Darwin Núñez, the incarnates are negotiating on loan Real Madrid striker Mariano Díaz.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He looks Benfica bound to me - nothing but my hunch based on all the reports saying he wants to go there.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2020-08-31/urgencia-por-darwin-nunez/859028

Benfica should make another effort today to sign Darwin Núñez, an Almería striker.

The incarnates, according to the Spanish press, will be able to send an emissary to Almería, where the forward's manager, Edgardo Lasalvia, is to finish the negotiations.

As BOLA realized, Benfica has already offered close to € 23 million, plus passes from central defender Cristian Lema and striker Jhonder Cádiz, an insufficient proposal to convince Almería, who is not interested in the two suggested players and prefers the winger Diogo Gonçalves, back in Luz after a season of loan to Famalicão.

Jorge Jesus met the day before yesterday with the president, Luís Filipe Vieira, the sport director and administrator of SAD, Rui Costa, and the general director for football, Tiago Pinto, to give an account of the desire to receive more reinforcements, especially for the attack and before the third qualifying round of the Championships, scheduled for 15 or 16 September.

In addition to Darwin Núñez, the incarnates are negotiating on loan Real Madrid striker Mariano Díaz.

read that before, bit of nothing article column filler, nowt new in it........ Bit frustrating as if we'd offered 23 million over 5 years, and a couple of shit players and they 25 million over 2 it would already be a done deal..... but now we have to sit by idly, wasting time to give Benfica time to get their shit in gear.

Feel like the fat ugly mate, hanging around whilst the good looking one chats up the lovely young fella..... waiting, just in case she blows him out and maybe I can get a sympathy shag.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He looks Benfica bound to me - nothing but my hunch based on all the reports saying he wants to go there.

My mate says the PIES at Benfica are SHITHOUSE

that really should factor in to this lads decision imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
if they match our offer then it is game over, one would think

We could bump up ours a bit more, will also depend on if Almeria would draw a line in the sand and agree to that with Benfica, if theoretically we pushed ours up again (bloom re raised) and if Almeria are only interested in highest offer/best terms, I dont think Benfica will keep going.

Will all depend on if Almeria agree to that - match Brighton's current offer and he's yours? - the buyout is allegedly 30 million (were some saying 40 - but local sources say 30), so before that 30 number is offered, which activates release claue - its down to Almeria (and no way Benfica are going to 30 million).

If Bloom was really really determined, he could bid 30 today (if that is the release number) and it would be game over. But why would he if he could get him for 25.

The discussions the club have had with Almeria are the key here, if they want just maximum wedge, and will sell to highest bidder its not over until Bloom says it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here