Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In the meantime Brentford have singed thingy from Peterborough making Watkins somewhat superfluous in North West London.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
In the meantime Brentford have singed thingy from Peterborough making Watkins somewhat superfluous in North West London.

Sensible from Ivan Toney imho. Good move and history shows if you do it at Brentford you'll get your shot in the PL.

If stories of Villa being willing to pay Watkins 70 odd K per week are true, not sure he's worth that tbh.

Still hope for Darwin first of the 3 main linked.

Nunez > Watkins > Edouard

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He looks Benfica bound to me - nothing but my hunch based on all the reports saying he wants to go there.

I think the other way. What we have that Benfica don't is money up front (preposterous as that sentence would have sounded 15 years ago). Clubs all round Europe are bracing for Covid losses. A sale for £25m with huge chunks of that up front sees Almiera through the storm.

If Benfica don't offer what we offer, he'll be faced with stay in Spain or come to us. He'll come to us.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Benfica are going after Mariano Díaz on loan from Madrid whilst they also have six Strikers on their books. I think we want him more than them and he’ll immediately see where he fits in with us where as Benfica have Strikers coming out of their wotsit!!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Any more crumbs? Anybody?

It’s awfully quiet on the local rags front.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He looks Benfica bound to me - nothing but my hunch based on all the reports saying he wants to go there.
He's Benfica through and through. Although he's not been to Portugal yet, they made him and Almeria should stop being so childish.

Just rings of that to me, at the end of the day, money talks. Benfica don't have the money. They want to pay in installments over 4 years or something similar. They're being a bit Leedsy.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Bad news...

Darwin praticamente fechado no Benfica

A TVI24 anunciou, há momentos, que o negócio entre o Benfica e o Almería esta praticamente feito.

Segundo a mesma fonte, o negócio será feito por 24M € e um jogador do lote dos dispensados dos encarnados reforçará o Almería. https://t.co/x2hm82gS3Y

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
She's gargling.

I think we can now file this thread in the pile marked:-

'Who was that fella we were after this time last year?' :down:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
They're just reporting what Portuguese TV are saying now. Think this one may be over soon

EDIT: https://twitter.com/UruguayanHeroes/status/1300483151379206146

This is the TV report

https://twitter.com/tvi24pt/status/1300486821265240064?s=21

Benfica will have everything aligned with Almería to sign striker Darwin Núnez. On the table should be a proposal of 24 million euros and a pass from a Benfica player.

The Spaniards had a target in mind, however, the Benfica coach refused because he wanted to boost the player.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This is the TV report

https://twitter.com/tvi24pt/status/1300486821265240064?s=21

Benfica will have everything aligned with Almería to sign striker Darwin Núnez. On the table should be a proposal of 24 million euros and a pass from a Benfica player.

The Spaniards had a target in mind, however, the Benfica coach refused because he wanted to boost the player.

This is just Chinese whispers. The TV are basically reporting what the newspaper A Bola reported this morning, see albionites post #915.

Almeria want winger Diogo Gonçalves thrown in, Benfica aren't interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here