Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He is reliable. Issue appears to be the level of add-ons wanted by UCD Almeria

Seems like it was £18m + £7m add-ons. I would think that they are after a huge re-sale percentage too.

However, they have to sell and if Nunez has his heart set on the Amex, you’d have to think we’re in with a good chance.

Too soon for the first Chelsea match mind, let’s hope he’d be ready for the second.

I’m at half mast in anticipation of this!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
That seems to contradict itself. Says we're very close to signing him but the fee may be a problem. Surely we can't be that close to signing him if the fee may be a problem.

Looks like someone trying to get more views of their Twitter account to me. Would be great to be proved wrong as he sounds like a good signing.

It does make sense, club agree to sell, player would like to come, players wages/terms not an issue. 3 Key parts complete. Just haggling over the sale price and sell on left + medical.

If true, that’s very encouraging.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
no idea on his reliability, but he clarifies himself on the contradictions here:
https://twitter.com/RidgwellAndy/status/1298645094313140225?s=19

Reading his other tweets he says we’re after Smalling :lol: Also thrives in answering all questions and has something for every club it seems as answers them all with transfer news :lol:

Not reliable - going off other reports - and no way one random guy in the USA would know loads of transfer info on multiple clubs :lol:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
:thumbsup: I’m as happy as Larry :)

larry_grayson_shut_that_door.jpg

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Will only believe it when I see it. So many rumours floating about that I'm not going to get too carried away until a deal is signed and sealed.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Talking about talksport, has Tim Vickery mentioned this player? He seems to be the go to guy on South American players

Yes, Vickery reckons Nunez is part of a trio of talented youngsters who have already been blooded by Uruguay at international level. Nunez has played once for the full Uruguay side and scored.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Cakir looks great, but still if that didnt happen wouldn't be too upset with Ryan and Walton. Any decent LWB would be good, wouldn't mind a more dynamic DM, propper is too lightweight, Stephens too wooden and Biss more attacking/flair than dirty work in front of defence. Kalvin Phillips would do!!

Of all the rumours, Watkins, Edouard and Nunez, Nunez is the one I personally hope we'll get, with maybe a nice leftfield surprise of decent top 6 season loan.

I'm totally sold on Nunez. His height / physicality, his unbelievable goal scoring record in his first season in Europe (16 in 30 was it?), the stats breakdown that was posted ranking all the Segunda Division strikers, the fact that Almeria have had their best season in about 7 years (winning team mentality), etc, etc.

Re. DM maybe Molumby could step up. I haven't seen him play much but the Ireland coach seems to adore him.Who's to say he can't do what Kalvin Phillips does?

Think Liverpool pulled out of deal for Lewis as Norwich wanted £20 million. They signed a left back from Olympiakos instead.

Lewis would certainly be an interesting signing, especially as a wing back as it would be less of an issue when caught up field than at Norwich, but it's a lot of money. I'd rather we focused as much on our new striker as we need to and then use whatever left to sign a left wing back option. Don't think we really need anything else.

Yeah there's something odd about that Liverpool deal. I read some Liverpool blog saying it was unusual for them to go so public so early in a deal.

What I would give for a Lamptey style player as LWB. Lamptey has been a godsend.
Alex Cochrane looks close to breaking into the first team. But, again, I can't really watch U23s from NYC. Statistically he looks like his passing is immense but he doesn't dribble. Would love to know more about him if anyone can educate me.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here