Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Apart from Zamora and Murray “coming home” when was the last time we splashed out on a PL proven striker?

We won’t be doing a Leeds and spending high 20 millions on any striker imo[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Leeds look as though they are about to sign 2, on the face of it, good quality offensive players.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Looks like they calculate this based on news stories in publications they trust?
Weird not seeing any other teams in there:

Screenshot (211)_LI.jpg

Slightly off topic for because I can't find a thread about him.
Jamal Lewis?
Everything on that kid has gone really quiet. No transfer rumours at all, not even made up ones.
Liverpool were interested. Maybe they still are since a lot of their business is usually kept quiet if possible.
Seems like a player we'd be interested in for LWB?

I'd take Darwin Nunez and Jamal Lewis (and perhaps Uğurcan Çakır as a bonus) and that would be a dream transfer window.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Nope, have you? I mean before our interest.

No m8, but since our interest Ive watched every highlights reel from Almeria and from Penerol in Uruguay where Diego Forlan is manager, and I think he looks a real prospect. Bigger, strong, great finisher and the number of bigger clubs sniffing around also reinforces the view he's a young lad with big potential.

Simply not being the top scorer in segunda B doesnt mean that much in and of itself. Not that i'm a scout obviously, but to me he looks a real talent and with plenty of years and resale value. I'd love to get him.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No, but since our interest Ive watched every highlights reel from Almeria and from Penerol in Uruguay where Diego Forlan is manager, and I think he looks a real prospect. Bigger, strong, great finisher and the umber of bigger clubs sniffing around also reinforces the view he's a young lad with big potential.

Simply not being the top scorer in segunda B doesnt mean that much in and of itself. Not that i'm a scout obviously, but to me he looks a real talent and with plenty of years and resale value. I'd love to get him.
Looks like he’s off to Benfica another one bites the dust.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Looks like they calculate this based on news stories in publications they trust?

View attachment 127699

Jamal Lewis?
Everything on that kid has gone really quiet. No transfer rumours at all, not even made up ones.
Liverpool were interested. Maybe they still are since a lot of their business is usually kept quiet if possible.

I'd take Darwin Nunez and Jamal Lewis (and perhaps Uğurcan Çakır as a bonus) and that would be a dream transfer window.

Cakir looks great, but still if that didnt happen wouldn't be too upset with Ryan and Walton. Any decent LWB would be good, wouldn't mind a more dynamic DM, propper is too lightweight, Stephens too wooden and Biss more attacking/flair than dirty work in front of defence. Kalvin Phillips would do!!

Of all the rumours, Watkins, Edouard and Nunez, Nunez is the one I personally hope we'll get, with maybe a nice leftfield surprise of decent top 6 season loan.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

View attachment 127699

Jamal Lewis?

Think Liverpool pulled out of deal for Lewis as Norwich wanted £20 million. They signed a left back from Olympiakos instead.

Lewis would certainly be an interesting signing, especially as a wing back as it would be less of an issue when caught up field than at Norwich, but it's a lot of money. I'd rather we focused as much on our new striker as we need to and then use whatever left to sign a left wing back option. Don't think we really need anything else.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Looks like he’s off to Benfica another one bites the dust.

Yesterday the news was Benfica had offered only 15 million which was rejected and we had also outbid them,....... Maybe if bid is £ for £ they may well get him, but who knows if player prefers Portugal or PL?? latest I saw (yesterday) was that we had bid more.... has that changed?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Some talk of them returning with a €25m bid and his agent is talking up Benfica.

Could be same old transfer bluff and bull though so have to see what happens.

The latest tweets and articles mentioning the agent are based on what the agent said last week re.Benfica. There's been nothing new from him since.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
View attachment 127701

Anyone know if this journo is reliable?

That seems to contradict itself. Says we're very close to signing him but the fee may be a problem. Surely we can't be that close to signing him if the fee may be a problem.

Looks like someone trying to get more views of their Twitter account to me. Would be great to be proved wrong as he sounds like a good signing.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That seems to contradict itself. Says we're very close to signing him but the fee may be a problem. Surely we can't be that close to signing him if the fee may be a problem.

Looks like someone trying to get more views of their Twitter account to me. Would be great to be proved wrong as he sounds like a good signing.
I

Dunno, could be sell on clause, appearances, all the details in the add one that are the problem.

Maybe,

I hope.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon

no idea on his reliability, but he clarifies himself on the contradictions here:
https://twitter.com/RidgwellAndy/status/1298645094313140225?s=19

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here