Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Thought what Klopp said was spot on. Like him or not he is mostly a very ambassador for the game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Darwen Nunez? We dodged a bullet, there :rolleyes::O:cheery:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This is where we can be a little naive at times. That's twice I know of that Palace players have gone down like a sack of spuds for a headbutt. Compare that to what Jahanbakhsh did when Kyle Walker headbutted him.
It gives the ref a decision a make.

I seem to remember Veltman going down in theatrical style a couple of seasons ago. Forgot who against.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I wouldn’t argue that it was a straight red, but there was very little, if any contact.

And, being a Uruguayan striker , playing for Liverpool, at least he didn’t bite anyone.

He’s not trying hard enough.

Probably could bite someone as well.

Pretty typical South American players especially from the smaller countries: if you're born poor, you either fight, bite and force your way to the top or you spend a life in misery. It does create a certain attitude and aggressiveness that is a bit weird and exotic with Western eyes.

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
Loathe to credit any Palace players but Andersen did a proper number on him last night

Seen Andersen is now getting abuse from all the mutant Liverpool fans on social media.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Loathe to credit any Palace players but Andersen did a proper number on him last night

Seen Andersen is now getting abuse from all the mutant Liverpool fans on social media.

I thought that Andersen embarrassed himself. He has been outed as a snide. The swandive and face holding was a pathetic and dishonest action after a night spent deliberately trying to niggle his opponent. He spent the game cheating and playing the man not the ball and now he gets praise because his opponent was inexperienced enough to react. He should have got a yellow card much earlier in the game and would have had to stop his cheating and play football.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I thought that Andersen embarrassed himself. He has been outed as a snide. The swandive and face holding was a pathetic and dishonest action after a night spent deliberately trying to niggle his opponent. He spent the game cheating and playing the man not the ball and now he gets praise because his opponent was inexperienced enough to react. He should have got a yellow card much earlier in the game and would have had to stop his cheating and play football.

This. Yes Nunez was a prat for doing it, but that Palarse prick wound him up to react and then went for the Oscars with his performance after the slightest of touches.

But what can you expect from a club who hold Zaha up as an idol.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Top play from the palace fella.

Doesn't look too dissimilar to Dunk v Wilson.
The only difference being Wilson knew it was coming and gave plenty back

[tweet]1559464697094627329[/tweet]

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
That’s only his second red card :shrug:

But now the prem defenders know he has a short fuse they will play on it the best strikers in the world never react well they never react there and then they might might at another moment Alan Shearer was a great proponent of this

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Top play from the palace fella.

Doesn't look too dissimilar to Dunk v Wilson.
The only difference being Wilson knew it was coming and gave plenty back

[tweet]1559464697094627329[/tweet]

Awful gamesmanship from the Palarse scumbag, but he got what he wanted (except the Oscar which he's yet to be nominated for).

Can see Nunez having a flick of his head back earlier. Nunez would need beefing up if he's going to ever make it here. He was being shoved around like a rag doll.

I think this should be shown to every new player coming to the PL saying this is what it's like.

Enciso was saying that Dunk keeps kicking him in practice, but that's nothing compared to what will happen on the pitch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Awful gamesmanship from the Palarse scumbag, but he got what he wanted (except the Oscar which he's yet to be nominated for).

Can see Nunez having a flick of his head back earlier. Nunez would need beefing up if he's going to ever make it here. He was being shoved around like a rag doll.

I think this should be shown to every new player coming to the PL saying this is what it's like.

Enciso was saying that Dunk keeps kicking him in practice, but that's nothing compared to what will happen on the pitch.

You're gonna be beside yourself when you see Veltman play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here