Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This is just a timely reminder to Citeh that sometimes a team does buy a young player for a largish fee, speculating that it will pay off, big time - and when it works it is quite normal to sell him on for more than three times what they paid for him (£20M in, £75M out for Nunez at Benfica). That's the way the world works, Bluemoon.

Now, let's see how education works in Manchester. Q1. What is 3.75 X 15?

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bizarre that a player that a new signing got seemingly universally slated – they were banging on about him and his 'dodgy debut' on Talkshite the other day – and written off after ONE game. A fecking pre-season one at that. My word some football fans are odd.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
We really missed a trick here. The mythical 20-goal striker could've got us 100 goals :tantrum:

[tweet]1557387362447118339[/tweet]

Haaland on course for 200+. Going to some race for the golden boot (Excel spreadsheet edition).

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Nuts a palace player, good on him.

Made him my fantasy football captain for this round and he did pretty much what I would want my fantasy captain to do. Okay he is new to this country and didn't stick the nut on Wilf, but still a pretty good effort I think. I am unlikely to win any prizes for fantasy football again this year!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I wouldn’t argue that it was a straight red, but there was very little, if any contact.

And, being a Uruguayan striker , playing for Liverpool, at least he didn’t bite anyone.

He’s not trying hard enough.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I wouldn’t argue that it was a straight red, but there was very little, if any contact.

And, being a Uruguayan striker , playing for Liverpool, at least he didn’t bite anyone.

He’s not trying hard enough.

right? funny how Andersen has presence of mind to move hand from his chin to cover his whole face in agony.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
right? funny how Andersen has presence of mind to move hand from his chin to cover his whole face in agony.

This is where we can be a little naive at times. That's twice I know of that Palace players have gone down like a sack of spuds for a headbutt. Compare that to what Jahanbakhsh did when Kyle Walker headbutted him.
It gives the ref a decision a make.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here