Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
A release clause of 100m euros? ... Moves quickly along

I think we are if there is any truth in the release clause of 100 million Euros :lolol:

his release clause has ALWAYS been that amount. They were obviously prepared to accept a lot less than that in the summer, though not as little as what we reportedly offered, evidently

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
his release clause has ALWAYS been that amount. They were obviously prepared to accept a lot less than that in the summer, though not as little as what we reportedly offered, evidently

I hope Newcastle don’t have him on their radar

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If the new people running the football side of things at the Saudi's know what they're doing, then he is EXACTLY the type of player they should be signing.

Yes ... and then there will be another player who, without fail, always scores against us.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If he won't come to us now - no chance he goes to Newcastle.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe, but as he's doing well there they'll want to keep him - or at least double their money.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not coming to Brighton and regarding his buyout fee, no one is going to pay £100m for him so he'll go for quite a bit less than that. Newcastle is not a bad guess. Success far from guaranteed, but unquestionably a very talented player.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He is an exciting player but we cannot afford to be played a third time - we cannot compete in the market he is now in.

Where we can compete is bidding for those emerging players in Europe's decent leagues, and if USG reach the Champions League then Tony will have a stronger hand to play too.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If he won't come to us now - no chance he goes to Newcastle.

Providing Newcastle survive the drop this season, and l believe that they will, they will be a completely different proposition next time around, when they will have had two full transfer windows to buy new players and bed them in, plus with a new, and presumably proven, manager pulling the strings.

I could well understand the player choosing Newcastle over Brighton to be honest.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Providing Newcastle survive the drop this season, and l believe that they will, they will be a completely different proposition next time around, when they will have had two full transfer windows to buy new players and bed them in, plus with a new, and presumably proven, manager pulling the strings.

I could well understand the player choosing Newcastle over Brighton to be honest.

Maybe, but you're right probably in 18 months time, but I doubt in January and even next Summer depending on where they are at has to be a concern.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here