Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They showed Newcastle’s ranks in the PL though and 8 was joint 8th or something like that - so not been too bad. But yes, with us finally sorting the LWB role (no disrespect to Solly who has been great and is competition there but also an option further up the pitch), I do feel the striker position is the only one we need filling with an extra bit of quality - exciting times. I’d also suggest another CB but hoping Ostigard or one of the many good young ones we have on our books will fill this gap…

I’ve not critical of the club in the slightest. So lucky to have Bloom, Ashworth and Potter.

With our player resources Potter can’t have it all. Gung-ho attacking to give more goals but being hopeless at the back (Eddie Howe, Wagner in his first 5 EPL months at Hudd), eventually came unstuck. Pragmatically we’re far better than them at the back and we’re looking good.:)

Get the impression The Lizard is waiting for the right opportunity.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Our good form, and therefor unlikely involvement in a relegation battle, takes all the pressure off signing a new striker. We can wait til the right opportunity. & a good finishing position this year will mean more strikers are keen on us. Next season we’ll also have the opportunity to integrate Khadra, Sima, Zeqiri, Tolaj, Sarmiento, or Ferguson as attacking options.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There was talk Nunez didn’t really want to join us. Let’s be honest Benefica is a huge club, playing Champions League football. Who’d have swapped that for a team that had been closer to relegation than Europe at the time

Plenty of talk that Man City have been working with the agent and suggested a move to Benefica would be easier for him to move to Man City then if he had established himself with a PL team

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
There was talk Nunez didn’t really want to join us. Let’s be honest Benefica is a huge club, playing Champions League football. Who’d have swapped that for a team that had been closer to relegation than Europe at the time

Plenty of talk that Man City have been working with the agent and suggested a move to Benefica would be easier for him to move to Man City then if he had established himself with a PL team

That last para makes zero sense IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not really. Good Players from the Portuguese would attract a much lower fee than a proven PL player.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Under the radar when we were first interested but out of our league now. Carry on with this season’s form and young under the radar strikers will be gagging to come here. Slowly slowly catchy monkey…

Not sure we were ever in with a chance this season tbh. Benfica to Brighton for a rated striker would not have been that attractive given our finishing position in the PL since we got promoted

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Quality players were going to wolves when they were in the championship only a few years ago so don’t really buy into this theory

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Quality players were going to wolves when they were in the championship only a few years ago so don’t really buy into this theory

That’s because ‘super agent’ Jorge Mendes had a deal with Wolves

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
He didnt. And he might not be, time will tell.

Definitely the correct type of striker we still obviously need. But I am sure you ‘know’ best (in your own head)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

5p48ba.jpg

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He's obviously better than what we have. Maupay has had a brilliant start, but i'm guessing most of our direct rivals aren't having conversations about which central midfielders will have to play in the front 3.

Anyone who doesn't think think he would improve our attacking options (ie be ahead of Connolly and Locadia, or Moder etc being thrown up with the front 3) is certifiably insane.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here